Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Mitakon lens Turbo, Speed Booster analog, available
  • 240 Replies sorted by
  • I ordered Mitakon Lens Turbo Canon EF to M43 V2 on Ebay (I needed it fast). But seller sent me this version. I put Tokina 11-16mm f/ 2.8 on it. When I tested it on wide open I figured out I can not focus to infinity. Focus only work few meters in front of me (on f2.8). Do you maybe know what could be issue here? I have one day to decide should I return adapter or leave it. Thanks for help!

• ok, PM'd you

• Which Canon FD>M43 booster do people recommend? I need one ASAP, thanks

• Hi everyone! I shot this using Mitakon EF to M43, Helios 77m-4 & Panasonic 12-35 lenses. Sorry, it's without translation or english subtitles. In short, it's a story about creation of the artistic cake for culinary exhibitions. That inspired for creation.

• @pureaxis

I suggest to make topic about this Viltrox thing and ask in it. As far as I see it is just generic brand reselling usual cheap adapters with absolutely unknown or even random glass suppliers.

• Anyone have any experience with Viltrox M42 reducers compared to the Mitakon ones, which one is better?

https://www.amazon.com/VILTROX-M42-E-Reducer-Booster-Adapter/dp/B014XPTBWA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1478585540&sr=8-4&keywords=m42+focal+reducer

https://www.amazon.com/Zhongyi-Mitakon-Reducer-Booster-Adapter/dp/B00MRMZBA8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1478585540&sr=8-5&keywords=m42+focal+reducer

The only difference I see is that the Viltrox have 5 elements/4 groups and Zhongyi have 4 elements/3 groups. Any idea which have the better performance (sharpness, corners)? I'm deciding which one I should get.

• Can I control aperture with Canon EF version? What is solution to control aperture on lenses who have electronic control?

You can't control it while it is on adapter.

• Can I control aperture with Canon EF version? What is solution to control aperture on lenses who have electronic control?

I was looking for answer on this but without luck. Thanks

• @yskunto, no it does NOT vignette in 4:3, 3:2 or 16:9. However with my 16:9 Video Lens Hood on it will cause vignette in Photo use and HD Video mode but not in 4K.

• @Aria how bad is the vignettes in photo mode 4:3, 3:2, 16:9? Does it vignette as well in HD video mode? Thanks

• @brake, I use an RJ with a Tascam 17-50mm f2.8 on a G7 and only vignettes in Photo mode. In 4K it's fine. I don't record in 1080. My guess is you should be ok. At most it would be a very mild zoom adjustment to get past the edge of the lens.

• Just got the lens turbo II for micro 43 and used it on a Samyang 14mm f2.8 for some astophotography - and have to say I am very pleased with results. Itmakes the 14mm the rough equivalent of a FF 20mm f2.0 and what's particularly pleasing is that the Samyangs great sharpness and coma is maintained. This quick output file of the galactic centre setting over New Zealand coastline has minimal sharpening and colour correction.

_1420793proc2.jpg
    1000 x 1182 - 1M
  • Hello guys, I'm after a couple of focal reducers for a couple of Panasonic G7's in nikon mount for aperture control and I'm wondering if I could ask a couple of questions, as I'd ideally like to get the Mitakon Zhongyi Lens Turbo II.

• I haven't been able to find definitive answers about using it with the G7 in 1080 mode (for 50-60fps), will it vignette with APSC lenses? Specifically the sigma 18-35 f1.8, I've seen a guy with a GH4 on youtube say it vignettes, but then another guy says it doesn't on his G7. Does anyone know or use it with this set up?

• Does the tripod mount from the RJ Lens Turbo fit on the Mitakon Lens Turbo II? In some photos it looks like it might, in others not so much.

• Does the mitakon lens turbo II have the moving/adjustable back element like the RJ lens turbo? I saw a video of a guy adjusting it for parfocal focusing with the sigma 18-35 1.8, I'm thinking this might help alleviate some of the vignetting if it exists?

Thanks a bunch guys!

• @monks19

With tripod mount(!). You can see all photos here and see lack of tripod mount.
    So, you need to use lens support.

• I know that some adapters (like the RJ) comes with a lens mount. Is it the same with the Mikaton ?

• Is a lens mount available with this adapter ?

What you mean tripod mount?

• Is a lens mount available with this adapter ?

• Thanks Vitaliy, I will go into deals and order one now.

• I need to add this to options more clearly

As you see on official photo it will work

img478.jpg
    500 x 503 - 31K
  • Is there a M43rds to Nikon G one available in the deals? I could not find one. The aperture control would allow me to use my 20mm which would be great! Thanks

• @Thor

Cool, glad that you like it.

Remember to post some videos you make with it here.

• Received my adapter. Super! No blue dot issue, lenses fits tightly. I'm happy with it )))

W29sNMG7Rfg.jpg
    1080 x 1350 - 90K
  • looks pretty good.