Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
PTool v3.66d public beta topic
  • 105 Replies sorted by
  • @producer

Just forget about this. This was adjustment of some sensor related constants, did not resulted in anything useful. It is old screenshot.

• I noticed something that I didn't pay attention until now:

I see this option "Sensor" for very first time, obviously because it doesn't appear when PTool is running on my computer. Is that normal?

Do we have to manipulate with this option and how? Sorry if I'm the one who couldn't find info about it.

ptool_scr.jpg
    775 x 642 - 127K
  • I am late to the party on this, but does the hack allow for manual app controls with the GX1?

• @anndycl I have not had that issue with any version PTool, including 3.66. I would try re-downloading the files to rule out any issues there.

What method are you using the load them? Which version of PTool did you use previously? Are you using the newest firmware?

• Hey guys this is my first post so forgive me if I sound dumb... I ve hack my gh2 a couple times now so I'm not really amateur status. But after I downloaded 3.66 ptools, imy older patches (the go to vaulted ones) will not load in ptools for anything. I can however make my own changes via ptools. Is this a glitch that will be updated or will redownloading the popular patches enable them to work with the new version of ptools? Thanks again Vitaly and company... You guys work wonders.

• @Kenny9394_nyc

Chinese bug is quite old, and is related to the fact that camera approach it differently.

• I hacked my GX1everything is good but the Languages is Missing Chinese Characters but fix or help me how to do....thx.....i family need......

• Used to 3.66d beta twice successfully to apply a Sedna A Q20 patch (1st hack on my GH2 camera) and afterwards a Sanity 5. No apparent issues.

Used Wineskin to create a wrapper based on Wine 1.4.1 stable on Mac OS 10.8.2.

Thanks @Vitaliy_Kiselev

• G3 has 16MP sensor. 17MB RAW doesn't sound weird at all.

• Hello,

I just hacked my G3, thank you. I'm also taking stills with my camera and I've noticed that the RAW files are quite small (around 17MB), so I suppose there is some sort of compression. I was wondering if there is a chance to remove that compression if any.

Thanks.

• Why? (为什么呢?) Copmputer language - English.
    Only English! And no other.

• Please Please Please Fix Chinese Language.....Missing Chinese Characters Thx...

• @g_sadamoto

Guys, please note that you use wrong place for such discussion

This is proper one

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/categories/beginners-hack

• I notice the if you start upgrade your GH2 firmware with the LCD in its flipped out position, and fold the screen back to the camera body with the screen facing you while it is still in progress, the on-screen UI colour changes from green to blue.

Thought it was interesting.

• @rudym
    sorry about that I meant to type *I'm typing GH2__V13.bin and I've tried GH2___V13.bin, the computer prompts with with this message wrong file name, camera wont be able to read such file?

• @g_sadamoto only change the numbers. ex: GH2__V12.bin to GH2__V13.bin

• noobie here needs help - ptools V.3.66d beta won't let me save...I'm typing GH2__V12.bin and I've tried GH2___V12.bin, the computer prompts with with this message wrong file name, camera wont be able to read such file?

• @pixelie

Check FAQ links on top, and post questions to Beginners topics.

• Ok, so Firmware stays listed by camera as 1.1. Nothing in the camera interface is any different. I can record mp4 in 1080p but the camera freezes if I try to play it back on the camera. AVCHD remains interlaced - but higher bitrate. This is where I'm at but I've no idea if this is how it is supposed to behave so I don't know if this is of any help to development/testing/me.

• Like Failflow, I'm confused. I thought this should give me the option to shoot in 1080p? The firmware version is still listed by the camera as 1.1?

• Everything will be like before – only IQ will be better ;-)

• i tested 3 times different ways to get the hack. i played it on the sdhc card - installed it. but everything is like before! could somebody help me? :(