Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
PTool v3.66d public beta topic
  • 105 Replies sorted by
  • @anndycl I have not had that issue with any version PTool, including 3.66. I would try re-downloading the files to rule out any issues there.

What method are you using the load them? Which version of PTool did you use previously? Are you using the newest firmware?

• I am late to the party on this, but does the hack allow for manual app controls with the GX1?

• I noticed something that I didn't pay attention until now:

I see this option "Sensor" for very first time, obviously because it doesn't appear when PTool is running on my computer. Is that normal?

Do we have to manipulate with this option and how? Sorry if I'm the one who couldn't find info about it.

ptool_scr.jpg
    775 x 642 - 127K
  • @producer

Just forget about this. This was adjustment of some sensor related constants, did not resulted in anything useful. It is old screenshot.

• Hi I just got GX1 and used Ptool (thank you for the great tool!)

I have a question though. Is the NTSC-PAL switching not enabled for US (NTSC) GX1 models? I see 'Video out' menu but it is greyed out. Any plan for enabling this in the near future? (If not I'll have to sell this off and buy European version.)

Thank you.

• Same Issue here video out option is disabled/grayed out in the NTSC version of the camera ...I confirmed it works only on a european version of the camera, likely to prevent people from reselling cheap hacked camera's in the european market...kind of sucks I hope this can be changed for our cameras too but I am not holding my breath.

• So no hope of enabling 25p / 50p in NTSC model? :-(

• @elee

I'll look into this.

• Hi @Vitaliy_Kiselev Does it look likely that the NTSC-PAL switching would be enabled in the next release? If it's restricted by GX1's hardware limitation would you please let me know?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi @Vitality_kiselev and @ elee can you please let me know as well ? would love to know if possible to have the PAL working on a NTSC GX1 camera as well.. I can beta test it if needed thanks again :)

• @elee @simone9it

Can you explain me in details what is not working. And your camera region. Is camera menu item grayed out?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev If I remember correctly, there is no menu item at all. Might be grayed though. Can't remember.

• If I remember correctly, there is no menu item at all. Might be grayed though. Can't remember.

If you can't remember, who can?

• @elee, @simone9it, @Mordae Guys, did you for sure check in the Ptool option PAL/NTSC before saving the new firmware? I dont own GXx, but for GHx firmwares that option must be checked in the Ptool, otherwise no way of switching between PAL and NTSC.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev @tetakpatak I have GX1 NTSC model. After applying the hack with PAL <-> NTSC on, 'Video Out' menu in the setup is still greyed out and not selectable.

• I have GX1 NTSC model. After applying the hack with PAL <-> NTSC on, 'Video Out' menu in the setup is still greyed out and not selectable.

It i closer, but still not complete.

Your camera is Japanese NTSC, right?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Mine is U.S. NTSC model.

I reverted back to default firmware and confirmed that 'video out' doesn't show up at all in NTSC cameras, and only after ptool hack with 'PAL-NTSC' on the menu shows up but greyed out.

Another problem is that after increasing bitrate (I doubled bitrates for each mode, which is slightly lower than the recommended value), the camera freezes whenever I try to playback a movie file. (any movie files, even the ones shot with normal bitrate.) I don't know if this is a known issue.

Thank you!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Sorry for the too many posts. One last thing - the freezing on movie playback I mentioned happens only when I touch the avchd bitrate. Mp4 bitrate change doesn't seem to affect the playback.

Thank you.

Nevermind. It seems freezing keeps happening as long as I want to increase any bitrate. Even if I don't increase AVCHD's rate, I need to check the menu to have mp4 bitrate change affected and movie playback freezes.

• Last sharing my test results tonight. :) As for movie playback freezing goes, the maximum bitrate increase I could use without freezing camera was Video Bitrate FSH/SH -> same as default @ 16000000 Video Bitrate 1080p MP4 -> up to 22000000 (default 20000000. 23000000 returned mixed result ) I didn't try to change 720p settings as I don't use that resolution. The camera can 'record' video fine with higher bitrate (tested upto 42000000), it is only 'viewing the video (of any bitrates) on camera' that freezes the whole system. Doesn't seem like hardware limitation but a bug.

Thank you, and again forgive me if this is repetition of the already known facts. Regards,

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev ah, novice member mistake. sorry.

• @tetakpatak, @Vitaliy_Kiselev Just checked and the menu was there, I guess I just missed it last time. The good news though is that the menu works on the PAL version (Finland bought).

• @Mordae Nice to hear it works, mate!