Personal View site logo
PTool v3.66d public beta topic
  • 105 Replies sorted by
  • Something strange. I used Driftwood's GalaXian patch and recorded the MP4 video, which is failed ICP. Then, I downgraded the firmware with my lower bitrate setting (AVCHD high bitrate only). I can playback the same MP4 file (higher bitrate) in camera. It seems that something is linked to the playback mode by Ptool. BTW, the GalaXian patch is really impressive! Well done.:-D

• Can someone confirm whether this version of PTool will allow the G3 and GX1 to have manual controls during movie recording? I could not find a confirmation of that anywhere.

• @mpgxsvcd I read somewhere it was going to be next Vitaliy's approach..

• @stonebat and @ rlima

Thanks for the information.

• i tested 3 times different ways to get the hack. i played it on the sdhc card - installed it. but everything is like before! could somebody help me? :(

• Everything will be like before – only IQ will be better ;-)

• Like Failflow, I'm confused. I thought this should give me the option to shoot in 1080p? The firmware version is still listed by the camera as 1.1?

• Ok, so Firmware stays listed by camera as 1.1. Nothing in the camera interface is any different. I can record mp4 in 1080p but the camera freezes if I try to play it back on the camera. AVCHD remains interlaced - but higher bitrate. This is where I'm at but I've no idea if this is how it is supposed to behave so I don't know if this is of any help to development/testing/me.

• @pixelie

Check FAQ links on top, and post questions to Beginners topics.

• noobie here needs help - ptools V.3.66d beta won't let me save...I'm typing GH2__V12.bin and I've tried GH2___V12.bin, the computer prompts with with this message wrong file name, camera wont be able to read such file?

• @g_sadamoto only change the numbers. ex: GH2__V12.bin to GH2__V13.bin

• @rudym
    sorry about that I meant to type *I'm typing GH2__V13.bin and I've tried GH2___V13.bin, the computer prompts with with this message wrong file name, camera wont be able to read such file?

• I notice the if you start upgrade your GH2 firmware with the LCD in its flipped out position, and fold the screen back to the camera body with the screen facing you while it is still in progress, the on-screen UI colour changes from green to blue.

Thought it was interesting.

• @g_sadamoto

Guys, please note that you use wrong place for such discussion

This is proper one

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/categories/beginners-hack

• Please Please Please Fix Chinese Language.....Missing Chinese Characters Thx...

• Why? (为什么呢?) Copmputer language - English.
    Only English! And no other.

• Hello,

I just hacked my G3, thank you. I'm also taking stills with my camera and I've noticed that the RAW files are quite small (around 17MB), so I suppose there is some sort of compression. I was wondering if there is a chance to remove that compression if any.

Thanks.

• G3 has 16MP sensor. 17MB RAW doesn't sound weird at all.

• Used to 3.66d beta twice successfully to apply a Sedna A Q20 patch (1st hack on my GH2 camera) and afterwards a Sanity 5. No apparent issues.

Used Wineskin to create a wrapper based on Wine 1.4.1 stable on Mac OS 10.8.2.

Thanks @Vitaliy_Kiselev

• I hacked my GX1everything is good but the Languages is Missing Chinese Characters but fix or help me how to do....thx.....i family need......

• @Kenny9394_nyc

Chinese bug is quite old, and is related to the fact that camera approach it differently.

• Hey guys this is my first post so forgive me if I sound dumb... I ve hack my gh2 a couple times now so I'm not really amateur status. But after I downloaded 3.66 ptools, imy older patches (the go to vaulted ones) will not load in ptools for anything. I can however make my own changes via ptools. Is this a glitch that will be updated or will redownloading the popular patches enable them to work with the new version of ptools? Thanks again Vitaly and company... You guys work wonders.