Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood VY Canis Majoris: This thread will now be integrated into 'Driftwood Series 6 Settings'
  • 901 Replies sorted by
  • @MisterBink see the other quantum 9 thread.

• @rajamalik Really looking forward to the results. Been shooting my butt off with Crossfire variation 1, love anamorphics and this patch is a good looker... Will try knock something together and upload if I get any free time to do so...

• @bannedindv. Yes. Crossfire 24p is GOP1.

• Question on crossfire skin setting. 24p is GOP1 correct?

• @Oedipax I was using standard profile -1 -1 -1 -1 on the Canon and probably on the GH2 too. I have to admit the 5D is quite new and I had no time to set it up for a deeper look in movie behaviour. I shoot mainly photo stills with the camera were it does an excellent job. I did a short test before leaving, testimonial portrait and I liked what I saw. Beautiful skin tones and in contrast to some reviews sharpness was very good, I did not find it too soft.

• @peaceonearth, interesting test. Curious though, what profiles were you using on the cameras? I have a feeling the 5D can get flatter than what we're seeing here and a bit closer to what you were getting on the GH2.

• I've been out for 3 days shooting about 400 takes in 24p from 5 sec to 2 min with CM SkinTone Soft. It behaved very well, not a single fail or write/read error on two 32GB SanDisk 95MB/s cards. I made my test set up in my hotel room with a Canon 5D M3 and a GH2 an I could not believe what I saw. Bright light in southern Spain at 3 p.m. Make your own opinion...

Pass: canongh2

1) 5D Mark3 - All-I Codec 24-105L

2) GH2 14-140mm | Canis Majoris Skin Tone Soft patch

3) GH2 25mm Nokton Heliopan VarioND | Canis Majoris Skin Tone Soft patch

all files converted with 5DtoRGB | BT.709 | FullRange

I decided to shoot only with GH2.. it was superb handling high contrast. I will go on for another test this week to be sure I made no mistake. (I was very tired after 12hrs traveling that day)

• Hi!

One question. I'm getting bitrates around 100mbs with CM Night 24H and around 50mbs in HBR mode. I've downloaded latest ini-file and using ptool 3.65. I have CM Night version hack I did 23rd of may, but that one doesn't have record time limit uncheked. So now when I try make a newer version, I get lower bitrates.

BTW, Crossfire in 24H mode looks great. But in HBR mode I too get quite low about 20 mbs rates.

THANKS!

• i am curious!

• @MisterBink Yes tommorow title code name "a day at the temple city" going to use @obscura patch at the most heritage site of south India. A 15 min sht film......Patch info - New Sedna A Aq4 161mbit CBR. Extreme keyser Sedna from @obscura

• @obscura - WELL DONE! I'm amazed

• @rajamalik @Driftwood - Sounds like a hot patch. Would love to see it in action

• @obscura Well done on creating a setting. The more the merrier. :-)

• @rajamalik http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/3569/obs-extreme-kayseri-a-gradetail-161m-setting-cibf-cbr

above the link to the topic for the setting: OBS exTReme-KAYSERI A-GraDetail 161M-setting

rajamalik congratulations

• @MisterBink I have Sedna A AQ4 CBR @ 161Mbit from @obscura. but I didn't patch it up yet.

• Crossfire is amazing btw, big ups to @Driftwood. Will try post some visuals if I get time today

• @rajamalik - I'd go with Skin Soft, it's the most neutral of all the others and it's great to grade with, so if you want change later, you can get it easily. It's not as 'harsh' (if I can say that) as the others, so I'd say it's perfect for the genre

• @driftwood what should I take for a colorful lovestory ,..for a romantic drama??? Sedna A , Canis night , or canis skin soft ???

• @tifose, thank you :D

• @conscius Great work there love it all the way Nice story

• A shortfilm by me. Shot with canis majoris night settings. nokton 25mm f0,95 lens There was a user here (from side films) who made a film en posted somewhere on this forum. I can't find the shortfilm anymore, but that film inspired me to make this one. (some shots are alike)

• nice @driftwood, will test the Crossfire Settings for hbr 25p!

• Took the GH2 with Voigtlander 17.5mm out for some tests. Shot at 160 iso, smooth settings with 12 ND. Most shots are F2, some I was able to open up more. Canis Majoris PM settings at 24. Sandisc 32gb 30mb/s card.

I had a chance to try out an Alexa with Zeiss Superspeed 25mm vs. GH2 with Sedna. I didn't have very long with the Alexa so the shot is overexposed, but it does show some of the differences between the two. GH2 was 14-42 lens.

• THANKS!!!

• @driftwood cool sir!!!! Thank you so much!!!

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions