Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • @No_SuRReNDeR never ever for almost a year without the hack has the EX blocked even the most retarded card. there is very little chance Panasonic didn't test the shit out of it before they introduced it in the camera as far as stability (at their ridiculously low rates of course with the resulting crap image) in general hack or not I would try to stay away from in it in low light,high iso situations...i think it kind of doubles the noise for given iso. as a matter of fact even at 160iso in some conditions of not much details like 100 200mm zoom of a skies/clouds and similar i get crazy noise line patersn going up and down...

@LumixUser great!keep us posted.

• @No_SuRReNDeR I did not have any issues with EX mode on decent class cards pre-hack. Some settings give a harder time than others - it is not a matter of "blaming" the patches, it is a distinct performance difference.

I compare them all the time on different cards with different settings and Factory 1.0 EX 24H was stable on just about any class 10 card I could throw at it.

• @GH2_fan The differences depend partially on what mode you are shooting in.

Here is a page where I posted all the Sedna, Orion/Dark Matter, Cluster and Factory variants at ISO 3200 back in mid-March. It's boring, but you have the original MTS files there to test to your heart's content.

http://perlichtman.com/pasdenapulse/wordpress/2012/03/15/panasonic-gh2-new-patch-tests-sedna-a-b-c-released-today/

• -EX mode was problem prehack even- I'm tired of people blaming it on the hacks...its just flipping glitchy- fast card or not.-

• Question guys:

Driftwood Quantum X (v4d Orion) 'Dark Matter' Matrix Pack + HBR FIX - CBR 'Settings' ?

...or...

Driftwood Sedena Q20?

And what are the differences really???

• @LumixUser yes ,no problems at 24p myself so far...do you have a trailer or similar(a few shots) that could be seen of you feature film?

• @LumixUser the issues are more on the 720 50p mode. in 24p works smooth on 95mbitsSanDisk(as it freaking should! ;) with any patch ever???hm...lucky you! :)

• i tried mysteron burst finally.... it works but when i pressed recording button after 2 shots,..the 3rd round it failed,.. it recorded but i didn't get that clip it stopped with an error and my clip was lost... for extreme results, maximum detail and filmic look try sedna AAQ1 or mysteron burst,...run mysteron burst with caution.

• @thepalalias Thanks, I will try and remember.

• @onionbrain, lived in Harrisonburg for a bit then Front Royal. Last trip Harper Ferry, man, history, without a doubt. Go to Port Royal, Calvary battle, Union led by John C. Fremont. Anyway, beautiful light and .......

• @LumixUser Glad to hear the other modes were stable. EX 24H is a problem mode on my cards too. Which card did you use?

Btw, I just realized that between the 4 series in this thread, there have been over 162,900 views in the last 47 days. That's almost 3,500 views a day.

• @Luxis Yes, my concern is this. Mysteron doesn't push 50P as much as Sedna does because of the compromise made to make 60P work better.

Sedna C was working fine on my Delkin card (which I thought might perform slower than the 16GB SanDisk that had the same speed rating). This means that more testing may be needed to confirm where the Delkin and SanDisk 95MB/s cards perform relative to each other and whether it is only the 64GB SanDisk 95MB/s card the benefits from the speed advantage.

Alternately, if I find time I may try to see if I can recreate the issues you had using Sedna AQ1 B on the Delkin in 720 50P.

• @thepalalias yes i always do format inside the camera...even twice...not that i am paranoid or something ;).

Sedna AQ1 Martix B is the one i loaded. first i tried the 14-42 "lovely" lens, very shortly,then put my favorite hellios 44M, manual lens. i don't mean to create unnecessary stir. its just my first experience with sedna, thats all. and mysteron even worked with excellent results on 15mbits San Disk class 4 card (only the 720 50p)! without fast panning and to many leafs that is. i used for a week , so i'd say i tested a bit...

• @onionbrain Absolutely stunning!

• @luxis That is odd about Sedna AQ1 and 720 50P. I found Sedna AQ1 C to be remarkably stable in 720 50P on a Delkin 16GB 95MB/s while shooting "Prayer of Light", even when average bitrates got over 90 mbps.

Were you using Sedna AQ1 A, B or C? Did you try the usual bag of tricks (do a full format of the card on the computer, then format on the camera, etc.)? Was it a manual or AF lens?

This is puzzling and leads me to believe I may need to do more extensive testing in that mode.

• @thepalalias i meant to say yes-it is 720 50p...did a little testing last hour and yes the leafy stuff blocks it big time,battery pullout...sometimes the ext mode too...but its very "selective"...also maybe high iso could some times block it. the 24p and 1080i works just fine.

• @exilenorth

This comment I understood. And, you win a prize -- it's the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. I'm in the middle of three Civil War historical documentary film productions -- and some of this stuff may be used.

• @exilenorth

I'm didn't follow what you wrote either. Please be gentle on the guy with the vegetable for a brain -- me.

• @onionbrain, reminds me of Virginia, in the Valley. or Stone Arabia, New York. Nice light on the old homesteads.

• @alcomposer That's a twelve year old car with over two hundred thousand miles on it -- please don't be impressed. When I bought it -- nine years ago -- it impressed women. These days it only impresses old guys -- like me.

• @ExileNorth I didn't quite understand the "{Comment=Mysteron SD_Card=Mystic Setting)" part of your comment. But best of luck with the test and remember - if you are testing during daylight, even a fairly small change in sunlight can make a big difference in the codec comparison. That is why so many of my comparisons are shot at night, using the available artificial light.

• Nice wheels OnionBrain!

• @thepalalias @onionbrain, Just looking a onionbrains piece, looks good, available light situation but, {Comment=Mysteron SD_Card=Mystic Setting) the outcome is totally different. Odd, because when I look at the mts files the noise levels are acceptable, once messed with then the degrading begins. I will return to the location tomorrow as we will be having rain. I will shot with Orion and Mysteron, need to compare. otherwise all is well. I have been shooting at iso 1600 at a 60th. Lens 24mm @ 5.6

• @OnionBrain I feel you on the 14-42mm. I only had to use it once to say "okay, next" .:)

@ExileNorth Here is a comparison of how Mysteron and Sedna AQ1 A handled the same extreme contrast and gamma adjustment to emphasize noise.

Mysteron adjust.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Sedna AQ1 A adjust.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions