Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 1: v3b Rocket - v4b Orion - v5 β Pictoris
  • 1019 Replies sorted by
  • I have use the "standard" 50 value ...

• @Luca_luk & @islanders66 what shutter speed are you using?

• @Luca_Luk 1080i also froze up on me after a few seconds. 720p HS was distorted but 720 H was fine.

• Still wondering if anyone else uses AVID and what import settings they use for 'i-frame only'... I usually use one of the 10-bit settings and that's probably overkill.

What was strange was that on my card(Patriot 32gig class10) I spanned outside, but at the end I (tried) to shoot some footage inside at 1250iso and I had to switch down and shoot at 24L.

@tinbeo if you bring data files into Adobe Premiere Pro you don't have to transcode, i.e. Final Cut Pro or AVID MC, so I just brought them into PP and just saved screenshots, but if it was a real project I'd transocde using AVID MC.

You can also use Media Player Classic(free download) and hit ALT+i to save an image.

• Problem with Orion?

• @JDN thanks dude, that answered some lingering questions I had.

Which flavor of Quantum do you find yourself using on set? Does the L mode quality on Orion compare to Rocket when I need something that will span?

• For some reasons In after effects a video shot with cinema 24p will render much more faster than HBR 25p. I mean really Faster! I am also frustrated because i need to shoot in 25p and the cinema 24p mode looks way better than HBR with QUANTUM X ORION and supports better with grading.

Any thoughts on this @driftwood also will HBR match Cinema 24p anytime soon?

• sorry, forgotten to attach the files ;)

fsagasg.png
    1275 x 529 - 2M
    nniunibni.png
    1274 x 533 - 1M
  • Two still grabs from Quantum 9b to judge them to the new quantum x orion :

fsagasg.bmp
    1275 x 529 - 2M
    nniunibni.bmp
    1274 x 533 - 2M
  • Quick Spanning Report on scenes of moderate detail (eg Television, interviews, etc). Orion spans fine on the 64gb sandisks at 24h. Will not span on 32gig in H but spans fine at L. About a gig per minute on H, 1/2 that on L.

Rocket appears to span fine on all settings on Sandisk Extreme 32 and higher cards.

• Those still picture look fantastic . What screen capture program was used?

• I was able to install the new hack and shoot a bit with it before a gig yesterday. Orion(had no filtration, probably 150iso and 22fstop). It was about 2pm, so the sun was baking. Stills from 1080pVideo

Beverly_Dr.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 810K
    beverly_dr2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 746K
    beverly_dr3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 734K
  • Hi ... Orion V4, not working well on my GH2 with 1080i ... After 3-4 seconds of recording, an write error message appears ... I use Sandisk 32+32 giga 30MB/95MB and the result it's the same ...

• Quantum v2 Rocket 24L. Thanks @Driftwood & @Vitaliy_Kiselev. You're giving to everyone the freedom to do great work with cheap camera. This is democracy. Thanks a lot. pass: driftwood

• @driftwood not in streatham by any chance, think i saw ur lookalike lol

once again fantastic work on Orion and everything else

• @Adde I'll look at it later as Im not at home today. Ive seen this before once too and I dont think its anything to worry about. Only time can tell. Ive had zero probs so far and believe u me, I do a lot of testing.

• First let me say big thanks to driftwood for all the time you spend with this, you and Vitaly are my heroes!

This error dosen't happen every time, this is the first one with this setting. This have happened once before with some other setting (think it was one of the CBR 88 mb/s setting).

Profile was smooth -2, card Sandisk Class 10 30 mb/s 16gb. At ISO 12800 the camera crashes after a couple of seconds but that's nothing new for me with any patch on this level... Up to 3200 works fine with most of the patches!

You may find the file slihtly dark / soft that is because I have the Heliopan Vari ND on, just wanted to make a quick dirty test with it...

Right now I'm trying the CBR version and it works really good

Hope this helps you out!

• @Adde Send me mts file link. Does it happen every time? Reformat card and see if it resolves... What sd card was it? @mozes Windows has a habit of showing 256k

• In what profile @Adde see my post here above.

• Just got this strange error with Rocket V3. Recorded about 2-3 minutes, nothing special or demanding for the codec. ISO was 200, and no M43 lens. Everything seemed fine, tried to view the file in camera. After 12 seconds in the camera it sais to check the card for errors. In the computer the clip appears like it's 45 minutes long, averge bitrate is 1043 kb/s (yes I typed that correctly!).

Anyone knows what's going on?

• no color correction, just 50p @ 24p sequence, hand held, little stabilization. -2, -2, +2, -2 Nostalgic. 14-140mm Shutter 1/160, f/16-22 no ND filter - just wanted stress settings.

• Just installed and playing with v4 Orion.
    With every new setting i always do the profile test.
    Just to see what the setting does.

I did not see this before, look ad playtime (afspeelduur)
    it is in reality just 5 seconds.
    File size = 256kb for both files, but it plays fine, no problems with it.

v4 Orion.png
    672 x 264 - 29K
  • Here is my amateurish video of using Driftwood Quantum X (v4 Orion) CBR 'Settings' Thank you all who had contributed to this forum =)

• Industrial strength Machinery Quantum X..... The details at 250 meters is fantastic. Clarity .. wow. Canon 300MM Fd Shot @ 160 ISO, @ a 50th. this is raw..mts

Mode Cinema.

Industrial.png
    1440 x 900 - 129K
  • hey guys, great work with patches for 1.1 firmware. for someone like me who only shoots 24H, does not use ETC or slow mo, should I upgrade to orion or stay with seaquake? thanks for any advice..

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions