Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 1: v3b Rocket - v4b Orion - v5 β Pictoris
  • 1019 Replies sorted by
  • Panasonic lumix 50mm aperture 2.8 speed1/50 400iso mode HBR 25p

1. Driftwood quantum X v3

2. firmware panasonic

3. sanity

Driftwood_Spec.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 270K
    Panasonic_Spec.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 273K
    Sanity_Spec.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 271K
  • @Reckless Its the AVC-Intra matrix - scaled by myself. I have my sources! I am looking at bringing up the attack a bit more in a future release... For now if you want, uncheck/switch off the scaled matrixes and use Panny's stock if you prefer your own lens softening.

• @1234pub I'm interested to 25p HBR mode too. From your test it seems there are no differences..

• @driftwood, I appreciate the info, sounds like the future releases will probably be what I am looking for.

• @driftwood, I appreciate the info, sounds like the future releases will probably be what I am looking for.

• quick questions, I'm currently using hacked 1.0, before I can update to the latest hacked 1.1, do I need to upgrade the camera to original 1.1 first then update again to the hacked 1.1, or can i just go immediately from hacked 1.0 to hacked 1.1?

thanks

• @driftwood and @reckless cool, I noticed the same thing, this matrix is way too soft for what I'm doing at the moment so I switched back to using 9b and @bkmcwd gop3zilla. Nick you said its okay just to switch the new matrix off, I didn't do that and went back to a pre-matrix quantum cos I figured that maybe everything else is balanced against the new matrix. As you say its okay is there a dramatic difference between 9b and X Orion with the matrix off ? I'll test it again once you've tweaked the matrix back a bit towards the panny default.

• @Stray Just uncheck the Scaling matrix settings if you prefer the Panny ones. There's going to be a range of matrixes for Orion and Rocket coming soon - even sharper than Pannys. ;-)

@xyxyxzxz NO. follow these simple steps and you can't go wrong;-

1. simply make a new folder on a pc call it 'Quantum'.

2. Copy Panasonics official GH2 firmware v1.11 (GH2__V11.bin) into that folder. (You can download this firmware from Panasonics offical site)

3. Download latest ptools v3.64d 200212 from the 'ptools 3.64d' thread link (page 1 top) and copy that into the folder too.

4. Download the Quantum patches and copy those to the folder.

5. NOW run ptools, then load the firmware v1.11 (GH2__V11.bin) when it asks, now you'll see Rocket and Orion settings highlighted in Green (hover mouse over B and G buttons) click on either, whichever you wanna try.

6. One youve selected your fav' Quantum patch then click on SAVE FIRMWARE button and save the patched firmware to your sdcard naming it higher than the original GH2__V11.bin firmware (makes sense yeah!) for example 'GH2__V12.bin' when asked.

You can't go wrong. :-)

• Driftwood Quantum X SpanMyBitchUp v2b
    Color in sony vegas with the levels plug-in corrected to 0 and 256.
    Normally i do between 16 and 236, but with new settings test, i always do the profile test with the Computer RGB. ) it shows me better the noise/grain)
    Renderd in avid dnxhd and upped to youtube (Its almost 1 gb for 3 minutes............

X SpanMyBitchUp v2b Formaat : VC-3 Codec-ID/Hint : DNxHD Bitrate-modus : Constant Bitrate : 37,7 Mbps Breedte : 1 920 pixels Hoogte : 1 080 pixels BitDepth/String : 8 bits Scansoort : Progressief Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.727

still uploading

v2 rocket last shot was in 720 with tele2 and 1full stop under exposed.

Driftwood GOP1 AQ2 'AQUAMOTION' Experimental patch (firmware 1.0 awesome setting works also in ptool 3.64d).

• QUANTUM X V.4 ORION 25p HBR / just testing some color grading and music

• @Reckless @Stray TIP: You can now experiment with sharpening back on (0 to +2 in camera) for all Quantum X settings.

• @Swiss_boy - Lovely. I love shooting through old glass (windows, etc) as well. These images are just delightful. Would you mind posting a link to the 1080 source?

• @driftwood Am I right in guessing that Quantum X v5 'β Pictoris' is the new version of Quantum50?

• @oscillian Will be when its done.

• @mozes I love that "Vibrant" had a camera shake to it :)

• @driftwood Looking forward to it... Love your relentless passion for this!

• Ok, from my question I will obviously be noted as a newbie, but here goes. I just got some 8gb san disk 30mb, class 10, extreme hd video cards. I want to use Quantum Orion at highest quality in 1080p 24p. What options will i need to check or uncheck upon using ptools? I dont have the ability to look at the youtube guides here at work behind the firewall :(

• @cosimo_bullo thanks yes you can download it now from vimeo just search for "WINDOW KILLER" and it will be the newest one some noise graine came out after grading but i'm not sure it looks bad..

• @driftwood Good tip. Has someone experienced with increasing sharpening settings under new Quantum X 1.1?

• @driftwood Many thanks! I'm glad to have joined the crowd!

• which of these works as a stable HBR 25p (PAL) ? spanning, in camera playback ?

• @Driftwood Thanks for all the hard work. Had a shoot at the beach this past weekend, used Orion, footage looks amazing. I will post a couple screen grabs later in the day when I get a chance.

• @feha Ive yet to see a high bitrate HBR mode span on any tester's settings. I'm still working on β Pictoris though... Yo! @sanzadez Glad it went well mate.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions