Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 driftwood hack in shootout with Canon C300
  • 471 Replies sorted by
  • bokeh and dof of the first pic make me think 5d. I'm liking #7 the best of all though.
  • 7 has got to be F-3 S-log. the more i look at 5 the more it looks like a contender for GH-2.
  • i believe #1 is the sony, because of the bokeh, it has the biggest lights in the back, that should be related to the size of the sensor right?, so bigger light spots = smaller sensor
    and backwards, smaller light spots = bigger sensor
  • bigger sensor bigger spots but he could have move the lights.
  • #5 has the least amount of banding and macroblocking/pixelation...(looking at the background of all pics in the same place; between the right corner and the model's hair)
  • i don´t think he move those lights they look like christmas decoration of the location
  • For the GH2, possibly #4.
    Short of this image, I'm really not impressed with any of them.
  • Well speculating will probably only make me look like an idiot, but the only thing that makes me think 2 over 5 for the gh-2 is that the hair on 5 seems has a little too much contrast.
  • Over all I think they are all pretty good. Least favorite being 10, good skin tones but so dark.
  • I think you might be right. @reckless about 2=gh2
  • I'd guess #2 is gh2, but really - it's incredibly difficult to tell straight up because we do not know how these are exposed in camera. (and I for one do not know how all these cameras look in respective modes) Basically, you can tell that the first image is done with a large sensor because of the short DOF / slight vignetting. I'd guess that one is the 5d, but nothing is certain.
    #2 looks a bit like how I would expose the scene with the gh2, hence I think it is that one. Also, the halo's from the bokeh looks familiar.

From such shots the important thing is how they grade and some looks a lot easier to work with than others.
  • Well I lose. Philip just wrote that #4 was the C300 in messages below.
  • re: bokeh / lights - he could just change the aperture in-between shots to affect them.. Even one stop will make a big difference. But #1 definately looks like a large sensor camera.
  • fuck it, i missed the gh2 aint the 5, bloom said:
    4 C300
    6 F3 AB
    7 F3 Slog
    8 FS100
    10 7D

so at least to me, the F3 Slog is the prettier
  • 9's the GH2, I think.
  • @RRRR definitely it is nice to have a great picture straight out of the camera but the more room you have in post the better. I think that is how sony gets away with selling the S-log add on for the f-3 for $3,680!
  • guess the gh2 has to be of those yellow ones:

• well, it's not 5 or 6, as Bloom says.
  • gh2 is the 2 i think reckless was right
  • Well we now know it's either 1,2,3,or 9.
    Philip basically just said #5 was not the GH2.

Hmm.. what lens did he use.

lolo, #2 may be right based on it has more yellows. One thing for sure the DOF was tight since this shot appears that best focus was just a bit near her back shoulder. Take a close look, this is why this shot looks a bit soft on the face, but look at her right shoulder. It's in focus.
  • Nikon 80-200mm F2.8
  • 1 is almost certainly 5D
  • #5 looks too contrasty anyway to be the gh2 (in nostalgic setting, toned down)
  • yeah I got it wrong too. I thought gh2 was #5. I'm still impressed with whatever #5 is though. That is the one I would want to color grade.