Personal View site logo
GH2 driftwood hack in shootout with Canon C300
  • 471 Replies sorted by
  • bokeh and dof of the first pic make me think 5d. I'm liking #7 the best of all though.
  • 7 has got to be F-3 S-log. the more i look at 5 the more it looks like a contender for GH-2.
  • i believe #1 is the sony, because of the bokeh, it has the biggest lights in the back, that should be related to the size of the sensor right?, so bigger light spots = smaller sensor
    and backwards, smaller light spots = bigger sensor
  • bigger sensor bigger spots but he could have move the lights.
  • #5 has the least amount of banding and macroblocking/pixelation...(looking at the background of all pics in the same place; between the right corner and the model's hair)
  • i don´t think he move those lights they look like christmas decoration of the location
  • For the GH2, possibly #4.
    Short of this image, I'm really not impressed with any of them.
  • Well speculating will probably only make me look like an idiot, but the only thing that makes me think 2 over 5 for the gh-2 is that the hair on 5 seems has a little too much contrast.
  • Over all I think they are all pretty good. Least favorite being 10, good skin tones but so dark.
  • I think you might be right. @reckless about 2=gh2
  • I'd guess #2 is gh2, but really - it's incredibly difficult to tell straight up because we do not know how these are exposed in camera. (and I for one do not know how all these cameras look in respective modes) Basically, you can tell that the first image is done with a large sensor because of the short DOF / slight vignetting. I'd guess that one is the 5d, but nothing is certain.
    #2 looks a bit like how I would expose the scene with the gh2, hence I think it is that one. Also, the halo's from the bokeh looks familiar.

From such shots the important thing is how they grade and some looks a lot easier to work with than others.
  • Well I lose. Philip just wrote that #4 was the C300 in messages below.
  • re: bokeh / lights - he could just change the aperture in-between shots to affect them.. Even one stop will make a big difference. But #1 definately looks like a large sensor camera.
  • fuck it, i missed the gh2 aint the 5, bloom said:
    4 C300
    6 F3 AB
    7 F3 Slog
    8 FS100
    10 7D

so at least to me, the F3 Slog is the prettier
  • 9's the GH2, I think.
  • @RRRR definitely it is nice to have a great picture straight out of the camera but the more room you have in post the better. I think that is how sony gets away with selling the S-log add on for the f-3 for $3,680!
  • guess the gh2 has to be of those yellow ones:

• well, it's not 5 or 6, as Bloom says.
  • gh2 is the 2 i think reckless was right
  • Well we now know it's either 1,2,3,or 9.
    Philip basically just said #5 was not the GH2.

Hmm.. what lens did he use.

lolo, #2 may be right based on it has more yellows. One thing for sure the DOF was tight since this shot appears that best focus was just a bit near her back shoulder. Take a close look, this is why this shot looks a bit soft on the face, but look at her right shoulder. It's in focus.
  • Nikon 80-200mm F2.8
  • 1 is almost certainly 5D
  • #5 looks too contrasty anyway to be the gh2 (in nostalgic setting, toned down)
  • yeah I got it wrong too. I thought gh2 was #5. I'm still impressed with whatever #5 is though. That is the one I would want to color grade.