Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • Hi estaban thank you I don't know.. I read that recording in mjpeg is not geving me a better picture that the avchd anyways.

Another thing I like to now is what rendering settings do you use because my "drewnet"footage does not look sharp at all :( I use:

sony vegas pro 10 and render as sony AVC picture

Video format: AVC profile: high 1920x1080 Entropy coding: CABAC Framerate: 23,976 Field order: None (Progressive) Pixel aspect ratio: 1.000 Bit rate(bsp) 20.000.000

Hope someone can make this clear for me.

• I think sunrise couldn't compete with sunset. However Irish one can :)

• I think i love @driftwood and @Vitaliy_Kiselev...Thank you guys!
    This was shot using CM Night on everything apart from the club footage:

• Love the way you have edit it @Nameless

• Much appreciated @mozes ...When you get an opportunity look at some of the other videos like the prequel to the above also shot using @driftwood magic but this time using seaquake:

• I loaded Drewnet to my GH2. In 24P cinema mode I get some macro blocks. When I switch to High Bit Rate mode the macro blocks disappear and things seem fine. Does anyone else experience this problem ? Thank you Dennis Kane

• @apriori Very nice! Cant wait to see the short. What was your lighting setups? It looked very natural AND cinematic at the same time!

• @kong @otcx @levisdavis @gib @JPB1138 @tobnyot @anti12 @pustotnik @vas907 @MisterBink @johnnygh2 @konjow

As Driftwood said -- really, really powerful images. You guys made magic!

Five or six years ago the DVX100 wow-ed people. Today, these images from a camera that costs less than half (numerical dollars) of what the DVX100 cost five or six years ago absolutely trash hundred thousand dollar cameras from five or six years ago.

Imagine five years from now...

Below is my 60 second edit of my sunrise entry. Filmed using Cluster V6 Drewnet.

• Something went wrong with the clip @onionbrain

• Great work @onionbrain, and everyone else who submitted a video.

• @konjow: that last shot was amazing

• Urban Sunrise for competition. Actually pre-sunrise.

Urban Sunrise from matt_gh2 on Vimeo.

• Sunrise with Sedna ungraded, because Lightworks can´t handle the file because it´s bigger than 1GB, and had to render it on Blender.

• Here are my contributions for Sunset shots, please excuse the doubles, I tried different exposures and such. I also had so much trouble uploading to Vimeo for some reason so I put them on Youtube for now. Sorry for the large quantity...

• Yesterday did look good, so i went out.
    but nasty clouds ruined it ones again.
    So i was bored, and just point the cam to anything...

Shot with cluster6

So i was thinking to get up very urly, but didnt set the alarm :(
    So again i was to late for traveling to a nice spot.
    Thats why i put it in the backyard, not a good video, but hell, its something...

Perhaps tonights downfall i have more luck ............

• @stanlymanly2 I often use a zoom H1 external mic for music events (great mic for the money). I keep the mic recording constantly, so that I can have the music track perfectly intact to sinc up with the musicians and with whatever works for between shots from my one and only gh2.. crowd shots, lights, my feet... etc etc..

• @onionbrain Fantastic shot, what lens did you use?

• First post & first time video with hacked GH2 with Driftwood Canis Majoris soft skin patch (with VK Hack) Done only for tests purposes, no artistic intentions. .mts to prores 422HQ via 5DtoRGB mostly with panasonic 14-42mm, except churches clips: with Pentax 43mm f1.9 Fluid setting -2-2-1-1, 24H, 50fps (except the water clips: 80fps), Iso 160 (640 in churches). Sorry for the shaky shots.

Thank's to Driftwood & Vitaly Kiselev for the work, and thank's to all members of this forum: it took me 2 months to read all posts regarding hacking, but know I have a good tool with my GH2.

here is the ungraded version

• Here is the sunrise I filmed on tuesday in the french Alps. I used Canis Majoris Day pm and a Nikon DX 17-55 lens. Please watch at least the first 30".

• @mee oh but I didnt plan on recording their audio at all. they just asked me to film a little and make a video. so i did. that audio track is not from the show and i never planned on syncing it to a specific song. i dunno if that makes sense or im speaking jibberish :p

• @omellan ha, the bug is great, love happy accidents

• @stanlymanly2 It makes perfect sense ;)

@omellan and Hallvalla, that bug was funny to me for some reason, I almost thought it was a muppet at first, cause it just looked too high and cold for a big ?bee? like that. Great video with or without the bug omellan!