Personal View site logo
Wondlan Carbon Stabilizer and mini one
  • 67 Replies sorted by
  • @tinyrobot it's the regular one.

• @janis thank you for your video. You're right, looks promising. I've ordered one, posting something as soon as I get it

• @janis Looked pretty good for a first run.

Which Wondlan are you using? The regular or short size?

• @CrazyPete this was Lumix G Vario 7-14mm. There is no OIS on it.

• @janis I thought that looked pretty good when you were going in a straight line. At the end I could tell you were moving pretty fast and the camera wasn't bouncing much if at all. What lens were you using?

• This was my first ever test run with stabiliser of any kind. Nothing great but I see a LOT of potential after some practice.

• Can someone please post some footage? Nothing fancy, just simple stop and go routine? I have some experience with Glidecam HD2000 which is very good stabilizer, and if Wondlan can perform as good as HD2000, I'm getting one.

• I´ll be better from now on.. no more talking out of topic! and I´ll start to check my spelling :)

• @hedrox

You are talking about different stab, not one this topic is about.

And our deal price for it is slightly more than $330 :-)

• haha sorry jules... I meant "more expensive" not pricey.. as you said.. there is not that much difference.. but the mini was for my needs better, as I don´t use monopods and the load range 1-3kg is enought for me.. I guess I have to use that google translate more often to check my words :) and now I understand the Vitaliys words about the price.. he was talking about the price for the bigger version not the mini.. my bad, I am so happy with this stabilizer that I forgot to say one of the most important thing , which type of unit I have.. sorry VK now I understand about the "minus" thing

• @hedrox quick look on ebay it seems the 120cm version is only $50 more than the 71cm. Only 14% more expensive... (these figures include shipping to US)

• sorry, my fault , I forgot to say I bought a mini version.. the 120cm can be pricey and probably VK has searched for the 120cm version so that´s maybe why he saw a painment for the shipping.. the mini version is all the time with free shipping

• It looks from that ebay link that there are two versions of the Wondlan and this is the mini version with a maximum height of 71cm, maybe someone could verify if @VK's deal was for the longer 120cm version?

I am hoping VK's deal comes up again as this is on my list :)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev don´t know if it canged but last when I checked it was still with free shipping ..

I know it is crime.. but I don´t care that much.. my country is so beautifull but is so f****d by our government that if you would live here you would enjoy every same "crime" you did .. I would never cheat a person for money , but a tax for my country which is ripping off 90% of our nation for almost 15 years? the taxes are here so high (20%) and is even getting higher due to lending money (which our country doesn´t have so we have to lend from other countries and boost the taxes and set some new taxes -this year 11 new taxes were accepted in our country ) people are going crazy here, I know there are countries that are worse on this than we are.. but I don´t care paying money for our government criminals .. It´s hard to tell if you don´t live here but Slovakia is too much little country to be watched by other (bigger and stronger) countries ..but again.. I´m out of topic :)

as for the price.. I would buy it even for 360USD if he would decline all my offers.. but I don´t think he would accept my offer if it would be not profitable for him.. there are more sellers accepting offers and I think that it will not just help our forum members to save some money (that´s why I wrote my message) .. but also the ebay seller will maybe sell more of those units .. it is allways better to sell something with (maybe little, but we don´t know that ) profit than sell nothing :)

• @hedrox

Last time I checked you must also plus shipping. Declaring wrong value is a crime, you can check this asking your customs officiers. As for price, one you indicated will make this guy selling for a minus, btw disclosing offer price is not very good idea. His normal price is quite good, btw.

• So after month of use I can say I´m really happy with this stabilizer, the built quality is superb, I have balanced my GH17 with panny14-140 after few minutes of playing.. If your budget allows you to buy it , don´t wait and grab it.. I´ve had also chance to play one day with flycam nano (with my gh17 and my friends 7D) and It was horrible.. pain to balance,heavy, and footage wasn´t that good like from wondlan.. I simply love it

one more tip.. I bought mine from ebay seller jasoncui2 he also accept offers and he has accepted mine (330USD) , he also wrote a price of 60USD on the box so I have paid low tax.. my total cost with the tax was 290€/345USD so I´m really glad .. you can try to make an offer too if you didn´t catched it in the forum deals..

• Is there anybody else who has this stabilizer? I would like to buy it but I´m still considering also a glidecam hd 1000..

• This thing is incredibly easy to balance!! I was fully balancing it well within one hour of getting it and playing with it. (never used a glidecam/steadycam before) For most lenses on a GH2, you will not need the weights at the bottom because the GH2 is not heavy enough. There's hand fatigue, but what do you expect? You're carrying 3-4 pounds on one hand in a non flexible position moving around slowly. Good tool though, I know I will be using mine, a lot!!

• This deal recently finished but I'd like to hear more reviews from people who picked up this stabilizer. I was close to purchasing this for the GH2, but still waiting to hear more comments on arm fatigue and such. Can anyone comment?

• Much appreciate the comment! Just FYI, from the time I ordered it from Gadget Infinity to my doorstep in California, it took around 4 business days. Pretty quick shipping.

• @SuuperSet, you actually did well. This's next on my list to get, saving money for it.

• If anyone is interested, I just used this system over the weekend for the first time and it worked great! I'm a hobbyist so have little experience with stabilization systems. Luckily, I have a buddy who does Steadicam for a living and he helped me balance the system. I don't have the technique down yet but it's a good start. This is not a professional shoot so forgive the amateurishness :)

• I received the unit and have started to setup and balance it. I ran into a problem so maybe you guys could help. My step-up ring is bumping into the top plate. I noticed in the video that the guys have some short of riser to mitigate the issue. Does anyone know what this is? NM - found the answer. Those are 8 inch CPM rods.

• I ended up ordering one from Gadget Infinity so will post some sample video when it arrives here in the US.
  • I wish someone would put a review up - preferably someone who has experience with other types stabilizers. Particularly interested how it does against a Glidcam HD1000/HD2000 Stabilizer System.