Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • I used the Moon T7 for a short film. Love it. Best hack I'ved used yet!

• @jasonthomas77: This is going to be the best GH2 film ever. Sure!

Of course, the chosen lens and the post edit hold the GH2's head high...

• Thanks @producer. Its not my place to agree or disagree with your statement. But thanks no less. :)

• @nomad I think your theory is somewhat correct, but more-so on the card side than the camera. There is variability in read/write speeds between different cards; though QC should have weeded out the ones below a specific threshold. Having said that, I only have 64GB 45MB/s Sandisk cards and they have worked fine so far for several high bitrate, GOP1 patches and rarely get write errors (and I've pretty much figured out what triggers it). Stick with @rickyxxx recommendations for the 'pick two' and you should be fine.

• @jasonthomas77 Nice looking footage. Though...the 'preview' doesn't really tell me anything about the movie.

• Im currently using the moon T7 and T5 for publicity and pro material for web content and TV. I can say it delivers a texture that cant be achived by Arri or RED. I know its 8bit, but after post prossecing in 10bit i can assure its texture is quiet unique.

Thank you very muc sir @driftwood

• I recently used the Moon T7 hack (the 24.0 and 30.0 frames per second version). I shot in HBR mode, imported the footage into premiere and created a 30.0p sequence. Unfortunately, premiere gave me a message stating that the footage settings didn't match the sequence. Premiere identifies the footage as interlaced, or 30i. Is this supposed to happen?

• ^ odd...when I import 24fps footage it defaults to an arri setting. you could try to manually change the sequence settings to progressive scan.

• The file itself shows as 30.0 interlaced UFF or "upper field first". I was of the impression that the hack was set for 30p?

• Drewnet T9 test

• Another very short T9 test:

• @Driftwood everybody is very pleased with moonT7 thank you so much; wondering is there a release date for moon T8 yet ?

• @MikeLinn.. Great video.. Which hack? Moon? Drewnet? Lens? thanks.

• @yaffeebg It should be progressive scan..odd

• I'm currently shooting my senior film and used a gh2 with Moon t7 in one of our scenes. The graded image looks great!

test.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 740K
  • A wedding clip for my friend

Shot with T7 at 720p@60fps mode using 2x anamorphic adapter. Filmconverted.

• @tuananhsym I love it. So lovely and warm that it sets up the little cheesy bit of humor at the end wonderfully. It felt very natural and is a great demonstration of a lot of things (including how well the Minolta, Moon and anamorphic combination works). :)

Kudos!

• a party for my cousin birthday + he daughter Drewnet T9 test

• gh2 Drewnet T9 test OB. SIGMA 30MM

• I shot a political, short experimental film for school this semester using the GH2 along with the Canon 60D. I used DrewNet T9. Here are some stills.

vlcsnap-2013-11-11-13h23m52s246.png
    2560 x 1080 - 941K
    vlcsnap-2013-11-11-13h23m33s47.png
    2560 x 1080 - 798K
    vlcsnap-2013-11-11-13h22m40s4.png
    2560 x 1080 - 1M
    vlcsnap-2013-11-11-13h25m36s255.jpg
    2560 x 1080 - 333K
  • *directed, not shot.

• gh2 moon T7 + 15.5yro alaskan malamute

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters