Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • Can someone please advise me on why moon T7 does not span when shooting in the HBR 25p mode (at least in my camera)? It stops at 4.29 GB. While it spans perfectly when shooting in 24p. I am using a Sandisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s 64GB card, and am new using patches and would really appreciate some help. thanks

• Thanks again to @driftwood, @Vitaliy_Kiselev and this whole community for making this possible:

Recent vid shot using the infamous "Moon T5" See below

• @Nameless Very cool video. Liked the story. Masks were cool. Like how guy twirled his girl when they got into vault. Watched on phone so YouTube butchered image quality but I'll def check on computer when I get home. Shot composition and editing was great too. Thanks for posting.

• @Nameless Very cool video. Liked the story. Masks were cool. Like how guy twirled his girl when they got into vault. Watched on phone so YouTube butchered image quality but I'll def check on computer when I get home. Shot composition and editing was great too. Thanks for posting.

• @matt_gh2 thanks for taking time to watch and let me know your thoughts...it definitely looks better on the big screen but I'll let you be the judge. Thanks again

• @Nameless Just watched it on laptop - looks great. Very cool.

• drewnet t9 part 2

• @electria0814 Damnnn! - Looks great.

• Hello all. I have read much of the thread here. Its amazing to see the dedication and interest of everyone, especially those directly involved in developing the different hacks like driftwood et al.. And I should thank you all for the detailed info placed here which is enormously helpful for someone like me who's new to this 'world' of GH2 hacks. I am video artist, and somehow ignorant about all the technical things here. I've been trying the 'moon T7" on my GH2 this past few days. It runs and spans perfectly in the 24p mode, but somehow stops recording in HBR 25p after a few minutes. I am using scandisk extreme pro 95mb/s 64GB. Has anyone here face the same issue? Should I rather use a different hack, like T9, T6 or T5? (I should say that the T7's image quality in 24p is simply amazing.) I would really appreciate some help. Thanks a lot!!

• http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/7703/hq3gop-3gop-setting-optimized-for-pal-users/p1

T9 seems stable in HBR.

"moon T8 is under development. For improved reliability for 50i/60i/HBR & 80% modes plus improved 720p60"

• @babak, you are not the only one with that problem. Somehow HBR and FSH/SH are more demanding on resources when it comes to spanning and cause write failure. This problem is not specific to T7. Other hacks can fail on HBR also. As you may have noticed on the previous page, @driftwood mentioned that he is working on T8 to address some of these issues. The way I have addressed this problem is to experience with bitrate manipulation (reduction) until I get HBR to span or use FH/H modes if I need longer recording periods.

• The more I use t7, the more I love it. Although I really wish it would span (using sandisk 64gb 95mb) A short story by my dear friend speedbooster, nikon primes, smooth, some ext tele Thanks @driftwood

• @Alex_K and @Zaven13 thank you for your replies. Its good to know I am not the only one with the T7 / HBR issue. I still have to try T9 and see how that works for me. I was really impressed by T7's low light performance in 24p (my thanks to @driftwood!). I hope T9 low light performance is the same in HBR 25p. @Zaven13 do you mean you can reduce the HBR bitrate and make it span? If so, how do you do that? I never thought that's possible. Anyhow meanwhile I'll wait for the T8 hack.

• Sorry in advance for the repost. This is the official YouTube version of my latest @driftwood hack enabled video, for those who struggle like myself to watch vimeo on the go.

• Another test Drewnet T9:

• Drewnet T9 with some grading

• wedding from gh2

• Disclaimer: Contains explicit lyrical content.

Here's a music video I filmed with Moon T7. The aerial shots come from stock footage and are the only images that weren't shot with the GH2.

The Good: I absolutely LOVE the quality of the patch! The best quality I've seen outputted from a GH2.

The Bad: The patch failed on me multiple times on location: causing read errors that forced me to either erase and format my card or go to a secondary backup. Thankfully, I was able to pull most of the MTS. files off the card and salvage most of the shots: although, I had some great dolly and tracking shots that were unretrievable.

On another shoot, I learned that hitting fn1 (intelligent auto) allowed me to keep recording after I received a read error. Previous recording wouldn't playback in the camera, but were retrievable when uploading to my Mac.

Moon T7 is amazing, but I'm waiting with bated breath for Moon T8's rumored stability.

• @DFuture what card where you using? Sandisk Extreme 64gig 95M/bs? If not, then that maybe why you were getting card errors.

• @lunalobo75 I carry two 64gb 95mb Sandisk Extreme Pro's with me at all times. I wouldn't feel comfortable using anything else for paid gigs: especially with high bit rate experimental patches. Unfortunately, I still experienced the aforementioned errors with these cards.

• I used Moon T7 (sete) on all day event; shot with a Voigtlander 17.5mm and canon FD 50mm 1.4; inside shots (at a hotel with tons of foliage, inside a bar, lotsa night shots) and outside shots (landscapes, portraits); and I used EXT Tele on 1080p, and I used 720p for slow motion shots, yadda yadda yadda - Moon T7 stable as a rock for me and looks superb! I used the Sandisk 64gb extreme pro cards (95 MB/b) AAAAND Sandisk 16gb Extreme cards(30 MB/s). I had a backup Canon 5D Mark II just in case the settings failed... never had to touch the Canon. Still happy with Driftwood's settings; still happy with my GH2. Once I get this edited, I'll post some shots and video, Salud, Vitaly - thank you.

• Following most of this thread and reading about different experiences with Moon T7 and Sandisk 64Gb Extreme Pro cards, we need to think about minor performance differences in the cameras. Could it be that these settings get so close to the limits of the hardware, that some camera bodies show errors and other are stable?

• @all

Pick no more than 2 of those "items" if you want your gh2 to be 100% reliable:

• panasonic (SW-corrected) lenses and/or Intelligent Auto
    • very detailed scenes
    • "demanding" settings like Moon T7
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters