Personal View site logo
Nikon D5200 topic
  • 651 Replies sorted by
  • I just finished this video. Shot mostly with D5200, some GH1 and RX100

• @mojo43 Where can I find this hack??

• Good news there is a video bitrate hack for the D5200 camera

• Glad to hear that AF-ON problem was driving me nuts!

• New firmware

• The camera now supports the display of error messages when lenses with a retractable lens mechanism, such as the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6G VR II, are used. An error message is displayed and the shutter cannot be released when the lens barrel is retracted.
    • The display of focal lengths in 35mm format recorded in image Exif data has been corrected.
    • The following issues have been resolved:
      • The camera would sometimes freeze when adding options to My Menu (Add items).
      • Under certain conditions, the camera would sometimes not focus automatically when the AE-L/AF-L button was pressed with AF-ON operation assigned to the button.
      • When shooting with High Dynamic Range (HDR) enabled, noise in the form of a line would sometimes appear at bottom right in images.

https://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/59153

• Sharpness test GH3 and Nikon5200. Frames and charts are from:

http://video-dslr.slashcam.de/

I put charts together in same picture and sharpened frames.

nikon5200-sharpness.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 605K
    GH3-sharpness.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 661K
  • I do the same, but don't use the profiles. To me, I just get as close to what I want it to look like in camera. For example the last one that I shot I wanted an red/orange tint throughout. I knew this in advance... Play around with both. You have a lot of fun stuff ahead of you!

• Well, yes, i'd like to shoot some shorts and do color grading with after effect..

• The flat profiles are lifting areas that may show noise, but are normally hidden. I think that the profiles are probably only of use if you want to do some serious colour grading.

• @mojo43

Would like to get as much DR i can, but i don't want noise. So, do you suggest to don't load flaat profile in camera?

Other settings are you experimenting? A definitive set do you like to use for every situation? Thanks a lot. Taken d5200!

• Do you guys use the histogram for video shooting? What histogram situation is best expected for flaat profiles? I notice pattern noise in the far left zone of the histogram and avoid shooting low key. The display is very accurate on the camera, but I always try few test shots before shooting and decide what setting I need.

Anyone can share their experience?

• Impressive low light results.

• Hi, can someone tell me hot to load this faat 11 profile? Is it valide on its own, nothing else we need, some other in-camera settings suggest? Thanks a lot I'm thinking to get this nikon d5200 as a less expensive option than the others, also: which cheap lens do you suggest? One doitall.

Thanks

• Hi all,

Is there some way to reset the camera shutter count?

Thanks

• I will try it. Thanks

• @paglez Try shooting in standard with the contrast down and get the exposure right in camera. I have seen the noise before, but it typically only happens when I am not getting the exposure right in camera.

• I'm using kit lens (18-55). Flaat 11 style. I get a very noticeable linear pattern noise, specially in low light shots.

• @paglez Thanks! I shot Standard with contrast bumped down 2 notches and sharpening at 2. I shot with a Sigma 30mm F1.4 and and some of the slow mo was done with the Sony Rx100.

How come you are having trouble? What lenses are you using?

• @mojo43 Very good video. What lenses did you used? What Profile? (Flaat,portrait, landscape) I have a Nikon 5200 and I'm not able to get these great pictures!!!

• I have been shooting with the D5200 since the summer and I absolutely love the video quality... Here is something I shot. Let me know if you have any questions or comments!

• d5200.jpg
    800 x 524 - 174K
    d5201.jpg
    800 x 534 - 95K
  • http://rungunshoot.com/nikon-d5200-studio-and-documentary-footage/

Check Brandon's vimeo channel for the test he made using the D5200.

• Music video shoot with Nikon D5200 and Flaat 11 slight collor correct