Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • Drewnet T9 test 2 14-42 Smooth -2-2-2-2

• @cbm32221 Which patch did you use? T7, Drewnet T9?

• Hey guys! Here's a documentary I shot using Driftwood Moon. I used the GH2 as our "A" camera and a Canon t4i as our "B" camera. All shots graded with Colorista II.

• @Stylz

Yep, that's 23.976. Not sure what went wrong. According to Nick, Set D is true 24, and in fact mine do come out that way. So I can only think you did something wrong somewhere. Maybe go back to PTools.

• @Mirrorkisser.. Eloquently put, Sire. I agree with you 100%. I think sometimes we tend to forget that we make movies/ads/docs for the story and not for 400% pixel peeping audience. And Yes, Mirror is one of the greatest thing ever put on Celluloid. :)

• @burnetrhoades: i was being ironic mate :-) i think almost the same applies for 24 vs 25p. I am watching with amusement all those self-declared experts, who say each new setting makes the gh2 a new and better camera that shoots like the red super cinematic etc. i was working as an author for several tv stations and making short documentaries, i am not a techie, i always had dps and editors etc, but i am not a total idiot on those matters aswell.

its wonderful that the hack and the settings improved the camera and i also think that many people judge the settings while sitting on terribly calibrated screens. but before i blow up a picture 400% and pixelpeep nonsense, i rather go out and shoot or try out something. the discussion around the bmpc is another nice simile. i recently watched tarkovskys "mirror" again, one of the best movies of all times in my opinion, by dp and director standards. in a long bw-sequence in a factory there are all kind of orbs. i never even noticed them before, because i was too much into the movie, even after watching it four times. yes, orbs are annoying, but if all else in your material is very good, then its just a small imperfection (which has been fixed by now btw).

I shoot with moon 7 now since it came out and i like it and will stay with it for now. but tbh i dont see a real difference between driftwoods top notch intra settings. maybe with pixelpeeping. but if i see a difference during a short film etc., then the story line must be shite, that i am able to focus on such things.

• I've just got an anamorphic 2x lens adapter and used this as an excuse to update to the latest hack patch and used the Moon T7. Much more clear detail than the old patch I was using, even getting used to the focus of the anamorphic, where a few shots are a bit soft.

Just some shots form around the house with my girl and her friend.

Corrected & Graded in Premiere Pro

• This is a video of my friends and i out on Whitaker Point. All shot on moon T7 with 14-140 on the gh2 and a glide cam HD 1000. The footage was graded in premiere pro RGB Curves.

• @Jim_Simon sent a pm with link to file.

• There's the rub. Action shots generally demand higher bitrates.

• Hello there. First of all thanks for all the hard work you put into this. I'm yet to experience this great stuff, but I'm very excited.

Second: The idea is to shoot car video's, which involves shooting a lot of dynamic action shots. I've read that some hacks have a fluctuating bit-rate, depending on the amount of detail in the shots. Are there hacks out there which won't constantly give me outrageous high bit-rates and are especially good for action shots? Thanks anyway

• @Stylz - Weird. If you want to upload a small clip, I can take a look here.

https://www.depositfiles.com/uploader_flash.html

• @vstardust Very nice. Well done.

• @Jim_Simon hmmm, I've tried it about 10 times now. Still reads as 23.976. I open ptools, load 1.1, import setd, store settings, save to card with increment, flash camera. Oh well.

• When I import setd into PPCS6 and check it's properties it says 23.976...is that correct?

It is not. You may not have Set D there. Try flashing again.

• Here is a little video I made about our trip to Kevo Nature Reserve in Lapland, Finland. The grade is pretty rough because I'm really just beginning to understand how color correcting works. All the critical comments are much appreciated.

Shot with GH2 moonT7 720p 60fps and 1080p 24fps Panasonic 12-35mm f2.8 and Kenko CPL Gorilla Pod /w ballhead and handheld Premiere CC and Speedgrade CC

• One could concert to lossless avi and then change FPS with Virtualdub in direct streaming mode. Then you have files with identical content and just different FPS. These could be compared to each other and to 24/23.976 output from cam. If you wanted to make the test even better you could prepare a set of files this way and send unmarked to others. If they can still tell which was recorded at 24 FPS and which was sped up we have a winner. ;-)

• When I import setd into PPCS6 and check it's properties it says 23.976...is that correct?

• If there was an actual detectable, visual difference in the footage it would mean an error somewhere, introduced by Driftwood.

How so?

• what do you guys use to convert Set D footage.

I don't convert. I bring it into Premiere Pro as is.

• sample rate [is] only thing can cause audio speed changes

Sample rate only affects the highest frequency recorded, which is half the sample rate. So at 48kHz sampling, you can record up to 22kHz frequencies.

It doesn't have any effect at all on playback speed.

• @Mirrorkisser they only think they do.

If there was an actual detectable, visual difference in the footage it would mean an error somewhere, introduced by Driftwood. This shouldn't even be an issue related to not having a true 180-degree shutter on these cameras. In the stream they are the same frames, setd and sete.

Their monitor and playback software would be a more likely culprit in seeing any visual difference between the streams.

• @mirrorkisser high frequency shimmering or what ever you call it annoys me since I bought GH2 maybe this 24.00p thing would help, I'm gonna put it to test for couple days.

• i envy everybody who sees a difference between 23.976 and 24p...

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters