Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Beginners: Basic hacks questions
  • 1012 Replies sorted by
  • 1.) What, in layman's terms are the notable differences in these:
    cbrandin's 44M AQ4
    cbrandin's 66M AQ2
    mpgxsvcd's 42M AQ4
    driftwood's SPANmyBITCHup' INTRA

2.) Will they all record continuously? I think I am picking up on the word "spanning" as a way to define this. (right or wrong?)

I am shooting 24P with a class 6 card, for reference.
    Rob

• @pipoland, I have not heard this and wonder where you did. I think maybe you are confusing models. I have a GH2 I bought 1 month ago, and I had it hacked day one.

• hi again

1) in case others get the same error as above, to fix i reset all settings and reformatted the card.

2) a possible bug?
    i just updated my gh1 to use LPowell's GH1 & GF1 : Reliable In-Camera Playback Patch - Version 2.
    i also selected maximum iso limit removal.
    when not recording the selected iso was used
    when recording the ISO display changed to auto (i know this is a known bug)
    however the display (and recorded file) changed to what looked to be 200ISO,
    regardless of what it was set to!

otherwise . .. all is good

• hmmmmm it seems to have fixed itself
    ;)

ps
    thanks Vitaliy and everyone working on this for all your efforts
    (i'm making a donation)
  • i've updated my NTSC gh2 to cbrandin's 66M GOP12 AQ4
    when switching to PAL and trying to record
    i get "CANNOT RECORD. FILE NUMBER EXCEED LIMIT."

any thoughts?

thanks
  • FIRST: THANK YOU ALL FOR GREAT JOB with GH2 patched firmware :-) I want to buy a GH2 and I want to use the patched firmware. Can I buy any new GH2? I heard that some models (newer/older) can't be patched... maybe I am wrong. Thanks guys for your replay.
  • @stevegol, the Panasonic 45mb/s cards are very bad. IMHO.
  • Hi everybody.
    The Panasonic firmware update coming soon, with a new video mode and some features.
    Just want to ask if someone know what can we really expect from this update?
  • @mee i have the 32gb 45mb/s. I have a 64gb sdxc on the way.
    Has anybody noticed some of the other features not working after using the patches? I cant get the highlight feature to work.
  • Panasonic cards are very good
  • @mee

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sdxc-sdhc-uhs-i,2940-14.html

recommended card for best throughput was the Kensington Ultimate XX, however the new Sandisk sdxc might be comparable, don't have benchmarks on those yet.
  • egh, like pulling teeth, but they are finally budging. I will post what they offered in the sandisk extreme card section. Would appreciate some advice.
  • Anyone have any experience with panasonic cards? After waiting ridiculously long for simple responses from sandisks online help desk I am getting fed up with this company fast.
  • @jeffryalan WOW, that sure does explain allot. I was already pissed at this card and sandisk, now I am more pissed. Anyone know if I can simply say I am extremely dissatisfied with this cards minimum write speeds for my return? I had a less than satisfactory experience chatting with one of their people, but I did not have this info at the time.
  • hello, it's my first post, so sorry for my basic english. I ve done a short film in 16mm (so 1,33 ratio) and i would like to continue this film but with my GH2. i tried to find the answer but ... what the better way to have the better result in 4/3 image. is there any patche existing, is it the same way than anamorphic expérience? thank you for all your works.
  • Sandisk Extreme 16 GB 32 MB/s has the highest benchmark for minimum write speed (16.6 MB/s)

Sandisk Extreme Pro 16 GB 45 MB/s has the worst minimum write speed (800 KB/s), which is the reason it fails

(larger capacity cards more recent than this test done May 24, 2011 not included)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sdxc-sdhc-uhs-i,2940-12.html

h2benchw_throughput_write.png
    450 x 1360 - 53K
    h2benchw_throughput_write.png
    1800 x 5440 - 2M
  • @kenoah, refer to my post above. I have the 16gb 45mb/s from sandisk and it has all kinds of errors if I try to use seaquake. Aquamotion2 works well except for 80% slowdown, and a few other rare errors. Allot of people have mentioned problems with this card line.
  • @frogman, I am guessing it is your card. I have a sandisk 45mbps card, and I still have issues with aqua2, seaquake, and the seaquake for lesser class 10's. Try spanmybitchup from driftwood. I have had no problems using this patch. I am going to be returning my sandisk, but want to save up for the 64gb 95mbps sandisk card since this apparently is tits as the kids say.
  • @jard667
    forget HDV, wrong frame size, just use avchd

@glebnagorny
    No, no matter what patch you're using, the codec is based on the avchd standard. Everything works as it should with avchd, 1080p progressive 24.

actually with the hack I have found files easier and faster to edit with in both PP and AE
  • @stefanos

What about hacks, like "Seaquake"? It should be AVC-Intra 100 preset then?
  • @stefanos
    Thank you.

And where is basicaly the main difference between these 2 settings?
    If I will use 2nd setting, should I expect problems with export?

1/ Video Settings
    Frame size: 1920h 1080v (1,0000)
    Frame rate: 23,976 frames/second
    Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)
    Fields: No Fields (Progressive Scan)

2/ Video Settings
    Frame size: 1440h 1080v (1,3333)
    Frame rate: 23,976 frames/second
    Pixel Aspect Ratio: HD Anamorphic 1080 (1.333)
    Fields: No Fields (Progressive Scan)
  • gh2 premiere.jpg
    1882 x 876 - 178K
  • GH2 and CS5 - which sequence setting should i use:
    HDV 1080p24
    or
    DSLR 1080p24

Thanks
  • Is there a possibility to get HDMI out on an external screen shooting in the crop modus? Any news or possibilities?

Thanks!
  • Aqua2 working perfectly now. I changed the dimension settings back and fixed the playback problem. I ordered a 64gb card and will be tesing out the seaqu
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions