Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
5.6" 1280x800 on camera monitor with peaking, aka H056
  • 344 Replies sorted by
  • @arknox I think Point to point is one-to-one pixel display, which is helpful for critical focus.

• Does anyone know if the monitor in the deals section today is the updated version or the old version? (Sorry I been trying to follow this thread but might have missed it)

• @RatLabProductions

Right now it is old version :-)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev, so are we gonna eventually have the updated version on the deals section? Plus any idea if they gonna have it at same or different price?

• Yes, very soon.

And yes, price will be more, as monitor has full alu case.

• Looking forward to the updated version. Thanks Vitality.

• What about those who bought the old model in believe it would not overscan like advertised? I could live with slightly wrong aspect ratio, but overscan is really a problem.

• @Meierhans - If you had problems with it why did you not return it straight away? I'd be surprised if they'll offer any discount etc for people who bought the previous version.

• Because there was rumour about firmware update that would fix the issue.

• Because there was rumour about firmware update that would fix the issue

It was not a rumor, but some messages of some seller on ebay.

First monitor images.

Biggest changes will be no bugs and slim metal case.

monitor.jpg
    800 x 645 - 88K
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev & @ arknox : thank's for this good news! Any informations about a possible delivery date? I have to buy a monitor and It seems that this model will be a very good option.

• It looks to be quite a heavy green tint though, was this the same with the older versions? White balance does look different judging by the wall behind but the first looks actually more green/yellow than the one with the H056.

• @animanus - The old monitor did have problems with colour as well, but this was not its main problem. There's too many variables to know if it's any better or worse. Look at the wall in both pics, clearly the camera taking these pictures was not using the same white balance for both shots. In the first shot the canon screen is coming out white, but the wall is green. 2nd shot the monitor is coming out green and the wall is white...

I'll let you know when it gets here. It may be that if it's too far towards green by default it can be pulled out with some colour tweaking on the monitor if there is some sort of tint, but it's no deal breaker to me, the colour can be viewed on the camera screen and corrected in camera or graded out later, especially when using the BMCC in RAW.

• I agree with @animanus: the green tint, like the monitor I got and reviewed a few pages back, is still there.

• Was it not possible to tweak it to something reasonable with the colour settings on the monitor? I'm not disagreeing with animanus, just saying it's not possible to see definitively better or worse from a couple of images.

• hopefully adjustable in settings (correcting the white balance difference would make the h056 even more different to the camera screen though!)

• @animanus - Looking at it again, yes, it would wouldn't it. Maybe they think we like to monitor everything in pure green... I don't know.

Hopefully this is not how bad it will be and whatever tint is there is correctable on the monitor. I think it would be reasonable to expect it to be at least the same as the previous monitor, not any worse. Have to be optimistic... They've had my money for 3 months now :-)

• sure, im sure it will be a big improvement and a great monitor for the money anyway

• I think as long as they've not backtracked on a few things, e.g. fixed one problem and created another, and fixed the overscan and stretch issues, (looks like they have), it'll be great value for money.

• Is it going to be possible to update the firmware on older models to correct the aspect?

• @arknox

Guys, are you ok? Judging something from off balance bad photos is complete nonsence.

I removed all but one photos, and will add good ones later.

• The purpose of the images was to show that stretch and overscan was fixed, nothing to do with colour. I didn't bring the colour up.

• Any more details on the update? A metal case is very appealing.

• @bigdog

Yep.

It'll be available on next day deals for $299 (including shipping).

monitor.jpg
    800 x 542 - 52K
    monitor1.jpg
    723 x 852 - 53K
    monitor2.jpg
    751 x 606 - 69K