Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
5.6" 1280x800 on camera monitor with peaking, aka H056
  • 344 Replies sorted by
  • @losad83 - I got a UK electrical plug with mine. Don't know if they send US/EU/UK etc based on your delivery address? Not a big deal anyway, I've got US plugs here and just use a socket converter for a few quid.

• @sherwood

EU taxes and wages :-)

• Just got the metal monitor. The color is a good match to the oled, sharpness and build are outstanding.

• @Jspatz if your colors are ok, may be i was unlucky with mine

• This was just a casual handheld evaluation. I will follow up with more depth.

• @Jspatz ok cool! please check if u are able to get the blacks neutrals (not blueish) and the rest of tones neutrals at the same time (not yellowish)

• It looks like the deepest blacks stay bluefish no mater what. I settled on changing the default 7300k to 6500k as feeling subjectively better but was unable to get it perfect. On the other hand it generally is pretty good. While I would not use it to make critical judgements, it won't throw you off as a composition and focus aid and will provide pleasing playback for clients.

• Has there been a user upgradeable firmware release for the original monitor, to fix 16by10 issue? Thanks

• "Has there been a user upgradeable firmware release for the original monitor, to fix 16by10 issue?"

Don't hold your breath waiting. Flat-panel monitors are a commodity these days. At this price level and quality, it would surprise me if manufacturers didn't consider them to be more-or-less disposable goods with a short life cycle. If you put the question to them, the discussion would probably go something like this: "Firmware? We don' need no stinkin' firmware!"

• Btw, funny chart about galaxy Nexus 10 screen

• I just got mine, as everyone said its well built, nice for focus and composition. a lot better than my old Lilliput 5"569GL.

• Could someone put this monitor on a scale and see how much it weighs? (without battery and with battery) Thanks!

• Okay, so I'm trying to get my SDI output from my AF100 to work on my monitor, but I'm getting nothing. Is the input not able to take an SDI input?

• @losad83

What do you mean? Only monitors with HD-SDI input can work with SDI output :-) Or you can get cheap converter.

• Okay, the AF100 has an HD-SDI output. From the photos I saw before I bought the monitor, it looked like there was an SDI INPUT and an SDI OUTPUT right next to it. I can't get an image to come up on the monitor.

• Oh well. Guess it's HDMI for me then : /

Thanks for clearing that up Vitaliy.

• Which manufacturer produces the metal version?

• @Steve_Malick

Same manufacturer who made original plastic monitor :-)

• Any video review on this one ?

• Hallo from Italy, just got mine: it's an alluminum version called HD6. Found some extra feature: - HDMI out - RGB individual channel setting on Color Temperature menu - Software Upgrade menu command available - I can read ALL (I mean the most common format) movie, photo and audio from a USB PEN DRIVE attached to the rear miniUSB port (and I found an adaptor cable in the bundle) - Good color calibration out of the box. Just corrected some RGB value, Contrast and Brigthess and I'm very satisfied. Some issue: - light leaks on the corners (lower right mainly) but not too much. - strange GUIDE menu voice: two VERTICAL lines appear over the image. An 2,35:1 inverted guide? a bug? - great feature the sotware upgrade but... where I'll find this upgrade? Some picture attached: two image regulation charts from Burosch and a video from nVidia (the frog). What do you think about it?

IMG_9276.JPG
    5184 x 3456 - 5M
    IMG_9285.JPG
    5184 x 3456 - 4M
    IMG_9288.JPG
    5184 x 3456 - 6M
  • @elghorba , i got same monitor and i like it very much. Just waiting for an external battery ...

please can you give me your RGB values ?

monitor.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 55K
  • Hi Feha, I didn't reach the perfect calibration because I think the panel need to works few hours before to reach his settlement. In ten days I already chaged tehe colour calibration a couple of times: right now it's a flat 150-150-150. In the first time I had to low the Red to 125. Please consider I'm doing these calibrations with a visive method. I don't have a SpyderPro. Just tryng to run a couple of monitor test suite (Burosch Divas for example) an matching a color chart on motitor trought a 60d and Cinestyle Picture Profile. Not really scientific, I know, but I tryng to do my best. And your calibrations?

• @elghorba , thank you. I use now just 130 (rgb) but not calibrated in any way just visual. It's good to know your observation as i plan to do a video review, will make some more tests late on. Waiting for an NPF970 battery to do some tests outdoor also. Will share my findings ...

• Dear Feha I'll be very glad to know your observations so... let me know about your video review. I'm tryng to do the same in the next week. Right now just not enought time. About the battery: I'm afraid the power drain of the monitor is quite high so, even I already have a couple of Sony F battery, I'm planning to buy a Li-pol rechargeable battery back with more than 15 mAh. Some battery test (I mean with an F970) could be interesting. We'll keep in touch.