Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
5.6" 1280x800 on camera monitor with peaking, aka H056
  • 344 Replies sorted by
  • It must have been fixed like yesterday because i got mine just over a week ago and it definitely overscans.

• @Ian_T

Not yesterday, but not long time ago. As you must add shipping time and your week :-)

• I know this monitor doesn't have HDMI output, but, someone will know if this monitor can output the HDMI signal through composite output at the same time?

Cheers.

• Nope, you will need a hdmi splitter for second screen.

• @Meierhans

Thanks for the answer.

• can it mirror the image (horizontally and/or vertically)?

• Very disappointed, I have a wedding to shoot next saturday, and I got mine today, I bought on ebay, and It's not the model that I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=120958443180&view=all&tid=933228683002

as you can see on the ebay page they are selling the H005 model, but instead they shipped the H056 that has no peaking focus. Returning.

• @Bodock

No such thing as H005 exist. It is just some ebay seller terms.

As for H056, all of the monitors offered in our deals have peaking, no stretching, etc As we are working with factory.

• "As for H056, all of the monitors offered in our deals have peaking, no stretching, etc As we are working with factory."

My monitor arrived today. It was purchased on 20th of August. It definitely stretches and has overscan. Very pissed off as I waited a good time until I thought this issue was fixed. It has focus assist by pressing the "Focus" button, is that what is meant by peaking? If peaking is something extra then it's not got peaking either.

Even when switched to 4:3 mode the monitor is overscanning. I've attached 3 images, GH2 LCD, external monitor and what came off the card. You can see the paper corner on the right and the edge of the cup on the left. How can I resolve this - through yourself Vitaliy or a supplier contact? As it's not doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Unless I'm missing something blindly obvious these issues aren't fixed or I've received a unit that's not been properly updated.

chinese monitor.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 219K
    gh2 onboard lcd.jpg
    1280 x 857 - 176K
    gh2 sandisk card.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 159K
  • @vitaliy_kiselev do you know if the HD-SDI version has HDMI also, or is it SDI only? Any SDI/HDMI outputs on it too?

• @arknox very disappointed to hear that, too. I really hope it was an isolated incident, and doesn't apply to the bulk of the copies currently being sold. Mine should be arriving in the next week, so I'll report my own findings soon.

• It is not isolated incindent, unfortunately. :-(

Guys at factory just thought that it is good idea to lie to sale stuff :-)

• Damn thats dirty. I guess its like someone was saying when trying to make a bulk purchase of batteries. The specs werent that great so the people running the factory said they can print different labels on the batteries.

• It is more complicated here. :-)

• Some of the same problems I had with the Lilliput 5D one. Glad I didn't grab one of these. Thanks @arknox for the update and jumping on the grenade!

• Just to add an update to this - My monitor will be going back in the next few days. The communication is very good with the company actually, so I'm inclined to believe there is a fix coming. They say that they are in the process of a fix, it requires a hardware change rather than anything in the firmware and that it will be fixed by the end of this month.

What do you guys think, would you call bullshit on this or not? Wait this out for 2-3 weeks in the hope they will truly fix this or get a refund?

Not sure about the terms on Paypal payments and how long after a payment goes through I can force a refund, if at all possible through the "Send Money" option. Hoping that it never needs to come to this though.

• @arknox

You do not need to force anything, seller will refund you after getting monitor by first request.

It is not my or his fall, as it is factory fail. They are really working on this now.

• I have good experiences about dealing with the P-V deal seller. My monitor had bad threads for the 1/4" screws, so they sent me new case.

• @Vitaliy - I was not suggesting it was your fault, apologies if it came off that way, it certainly isn't. I'm just trying to be cautious and looking for suggestions on how to deal with it should there be issues. However, it's likely that the fix is on the way and all will be fine as you say.

@Sangye - Let us know what your findings are, unfortunately you'll probably have the same issues.

I'll update the thread when I get the new monitor through and redo the test.

• So is ordering a monitor a bad idea? Better to wait and see what happens?

• @Animanus - If you don't mind that your footage will be stretched from 16:9 to 16:10 and you don't care that you're losing a chunk of pixels left and right of the image then it's fine to order.

For me it's not suitable. I want to use this monitor for composition as well as focus, so to me it's as useful as a brick if it doesn't show me exactly the same image that I'm getting out of the camera.

• So there is a possibility to send the screens in and get the problems fixed? I bought two some weeks ago (via PV deal), needed them since they arrived for several projects. Now there might be time left to send them over.

If yes: What about customs? I dont want to pay 50€ again...

• According to Camgeeker the problem is now fixed..

• @animanus

Thing is that we work with factory directly. They told that it is fixed, but it was false, in fact.

• has the factory given you a response?