Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
5.6" 1280x800 on camera monitor with peaking, aka H056
  • 344 Replies sorted by
  • Sunhood looks good to me, better than the old one. This one fastens on the sides and looks like it comes with screws, also nothing "unprofessional" about it.

Why metal?... It's a light blocker for a monitor, not flags on a matte box. Fabric looks good, weighs less than plastic or metal it blocks out the sun. What more do you need.

This thing is awesome for the price.

• @slacklaporte

I'll better pass on reply, as I'll write something too harsh.

As for professional - get custom cap with "Professional" word on it. It'll help.

• the same idea but in metal. 3 plates of metal foldable. U can put socket in the monitor. 95% of the time the sunhoods are on my monitors, i got some "cheap" plastic some hood on liliput and they never broken. imagine in metal, it will give u for real robust plus a professionnal look.

• @slacklaporte

What do you want? Carbon with magnetic attachment?

As for real, it is one of the best solution (better is only collapsible sunhood one on Ruige monitors, but this one is patented). It is easy and very secure to attach. Easy to transport, and almost impossible to break.

• it mean than i fond the sunhood solution cheap. A kind of fabric with holes... Yes its a metal case, and its nice but i wish the same for the sunhood. Thats all it mean!

• Sunhood seem a bit disapointing, same as battery plate. Sony

What all this mean?

• Thanks for pic. Sunhood seem a bit disapointing, same as battery plate. Sony?

monitor.jpg
    800 x 579 - 79K
  • @dansyver

We'll see. But I have no idea for now.

• Any chance of getting frame guidelines implemented on this metal case version of the H056 in the future Vitaly?

• It is one of the first, hand assembled monitors, hence no plate present on photos :-)

But it must come with Sony plate.

• @hedrox

Look at the watts consumed and after this check your school course :-)

• no, just wanted to know if it´s possible somehow :) having this monitor powered just from gh2 battery grip would be nice

• any chance powering this little guy from gh2/gh3 internal battery?

You are joking, right? :-)

Get any universal power solution and it'll work (from 12v)

As for battery plate, just wait a little.

• any chance powering this little guy from gh2/gh3 internal battery?

• +1 to 'Where's the battery plate?'

• Where do we put the battery? :)

• @bigdog

next day deals

You can read, right? :-)

• Looks great! When?

• @bigdog

Yep.

It'll be available on next day deals for $299 (including shipping).

monitor.jpg
    800 x 542 - 52K
    monitor1.jpg
    723 x 852 - 53K
    monitor2.jpg
    751 x 606 - 69K
  • Any more details on the update? A metal case is very appealing.

• The purpose of the images was to show that stretch and overscan was fixed, nothing to do with colour. I didn't bring the colour up.

• @arknox

Guys, are you ok? Judging something from off balance bad photos is complete nonsence.

I removed all but one photos, and will add good ones later.

• Is it going to be possible to update the firmware on older models to correct the aspect?

• I think as long as they've not backtracked on a few things, e.g. fixed one problem and created another, and fixed the overscan and stretch issues, (looks like they have), it'll be great value for money.