Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
12mm f/1.6 Noktor
  • 739 Replies sorted by
  • Yes Foto Konijnenberg is the shop where I bought the lens too.

• If you visit the link http://www.fotokonijnenberg.de/product/1602931/slr-magic-hyperprime-12mm-f16-mft.html

Click on the company logo "fotokonijnenberg" top left of the page, this will take you home, at the centre of the bottom of the home page there are a few language options.

• I sent them a mail, so hopefully it can be worked out!

edit: actually I can register from the netherlands homepage, no problem.

• Yeah, I am german but the shop is located in the netherlands, sorry that I linked to the german URL. I didn't have any problems registering or ordering something. I read that this shop has great support, so you may wanna contact them. I don't have any experience with their support myself though.

• @Pechente how did you manage to order (Do you live in germany)?

I couldn't register because I don't live in germany.. perhaps there is a way around it?

• The standard 0.8 gears DON'T fit. I was a bit frustrated about this, since I can't get a focus gear on a lens that gets so small where the focus ring is. I ordered a Lanparte Lens Gear which simply is a rubber strip. It fits the focus ring nicely but because it's sitting so tight, the bits of the gear are stretched out and using a follow focus works but the gears jump sometimes.

That really sucks but I haven't found a better solution yet. Still, it's not that big of a deal as it seems, since the important focus area (50cm to infinity) isn't even a 2 cm turn on the focus ring, it's managable to avoid jumps when turning the gear only such a small distance back and forth - but a soon as you start focusing quickly and a lot, the gears jump.

IMG_8154.JPG
    2592 x 1936 - 1M
  • Bringing the question back - I've read that the focus ring is supposedly geared for follow focus standards, can anyone please confirm this? Also, I'm assuming on a GH2, the focus ring is too close to the body to be used with gear attachments such as Redrock micro gears? Any info on this would be hugely helpful in my decision to buy this lens, as I us the GH2/MFT system mostly for filmmaking.
    Thanks

• Nvm ^^ Just realized it's fully manual focusing

• Actually adorama does NOT have these, please read further down and it states: "We ran out of this Item Temporarily. Please note: You can order this now and have us ship it as soon as it arrives. We will not charge your card for any backordered items, until it is ready to actually ship."

Also, they have never had them before, of course since its new, but I emailed them regarding when they would have stock and never got a reply. Although, they did manage to plague my email with spam.

• How does it compare, for example to the 20mm 1.7 Pana? Both aren't really suited for portraits but does it focus (AF AFC) FASTER on a gh2?

• Thanks for the link @pechente.. That price is better than I expected :) now the wait..

• @pechente

Sweet price...

• Ordered mine early January. They told it will be ready 15/30 january.

• For everyone in europe who wants to get one: http://www.fotokonijnenberg.de/product/1602931/slr-magic-hyperprime-12mm-f16-mft.html

I already received mine a week ago, this is just an amazing lens!

• I've ordered mine through a local dealer here in the Netherlands on december the 12th and received it last week friday. Seems it's on backorder now, so i guess stock is very low.

• Right...I was going to buy this lens but have no response from the noktor email. I messaged slrmagic on ebay...after 4 days I get a short response "email and buy from noktor"

Id rather buy with some kind of reliability than buy through a email and sit on my hands.

My views on the company has dropped even more (was low before) they seem to be good at sending pre prod models to "certain" people to get a bit of publicity but thats it.

As a company selling and providing information for a product? no good at all.

Good luck tommyboy is all I can say. the oly 12mm has dropped price here so olympus for me it is then! This lens does not exist now as far as im concerned.

• @matthere

An email waiting list for me. My turn was up.
  • Is this available yet? or is it still email waiting list?
  • I've ordered one today. Let's see how it performs in person.
  • Mine is in the store now (The Netherlands). Unfortunately, I have to wait for my salary before I can buy.
  • Yep - I was hoping to make myself a little Christmas gift (I've been good all year).
  • So when is this lens out?