Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
12mm f/1.6 Noktor
  • 739 Replies sorted by
  • Awesome! Looks like the new model is finally out. I too am curious as to where you ordered it, as I've been checking every day for the release, but have found nothing yet.

• Andrew has told me the rear silver mount is now made of brass (same as their pricier M mount lenses) which is heavier but mounts better and tighter. It is also coated with black on the inside to avoid internal light reflection from the silver.
    On a side note, the packaging is way better too! (same as their 35mm T1.4)

• We have agreement with Andrew that no sales talks concerning SLRMagic are happening here.

• @vicharris Are you looking to buy the 12mm Noktor? Was it you who said the 16mm Samyang was sharper all around?

• @tinyrobot It was me who said that but I need a good wide on the Pocket camera and this does it. Also I really do like the flair and now since raw on both cameras I don't mind sharping it up in post a bit. We actually used the Samyang 16mm, the new SLR 12mm and the Voight 17.5 all on BM cameras for the feature we just shot. I know the post guy so it will interesting to hear what he has to say about all the glass. I know the VFX guys looked at my footage already and said it was perfect for what they needed.

• Has anyone tried this new model out with a follow focus rig? I've used the previous one with a Fotga FF rig with that rubber-gear band, but I'd like to know if the gear teeth built into this lens work with the Fotga or other FF systems.

• Yep, same pitch and size. Works fine. I'm using a TrusMT btw

• Here's a video using the latest version. I know it's posted over in the BMPCC thread but thought this is the first place it should have gone :)

• Nice footage Vic!
    I have the Mk I version and I still really like it.

• @Flaaandeeers

Yep, same optics, just different build. Gears built in and solid as shit now. I'd say on par with the Voight 17.5.

• And here's some of the same shots from the pocket desert video but shot with the 2.5K, the SLR Magic 12mm MKII and some long shots with the Rokinon 85mm t1.5

The last clip was left in even though it looks completely different to demonstrate how you can really screw yourself mixing IRNDs and a CP. Color was so different I couldn't get the grade the same even though all the same steps were used. Good lesson learned :)

Oh, and there's a 2K HD version available so that's why the shift to youtube.

• @vicharris Beautiful images and coloring for "Mojave Desert." Nice work.

• FYI, if you're using a 58-77mm step-up ring, the Vivitar Series 1 135mm f2.3 cap fits oh so snug!

• I'm running across a problem with my SLR Magic 12mm and my GH2. Basically, there's a region dead center that just doesn't focus properly. It's only a little bit off, but it's noticeable, and I'd like to get a replacement. (The lens was purchased in May.)

I've sent a note to SLR Magic about the problem, but I'm wondering if I should just contact Adorama and get a replacement. But if this problem crops up on other lenses-- anyone else get this problem?-- then the replacement'll be equally defective. Would SLR Magic test a replacement lens before sending?

(Other than that, I like the lens. My only complaint is that the filter mount should be wider, because even a thin step-ring gives me unacceptable vignetting.)