Personal View site logo
Panasonic G3 official topic
  • 59 Replies sorted by
  • VK Wrote:
    "That I really want to see is camera with viewfinder, bunch of buttons and controls and no LCD.
    I think that we'll see such class of cameras in coming years."

Oh man I hope so! That would be so cool! Just as long as it has HDMI output with full monitoring + optional settings overlay!

It's what I thought when digital SLRs first hit the shelves... I went:

/What?? an LCD?? Why??? Nooooo. It's a digital camera, it needs a digital camera's viewfinder: An EVF! Not OVF!!/

I was finally answered when M4/3 came out - about the EVF anyway. Now if they would just lose that LCD, that would be grand!

• >Can you talk to Panasonic representatives about designing GH3's EVF like a eyecup placeholder like this?

It won't help, believe me :-)
    You must design and manufacture some thing that'll be attached to flash mount and will have Canon or Nikon type connector for rubber eyecup.
  • I luv the swivel LCD... versatile for low position... cuz I don't wanna lay down on the ground.

Can you talk to Panasonic representatives about designing GH3's EVF like a eyecup placeholder like this?
  • That I really want to see is camera with viewfinder, bunch of buttons and controls and no LCD.
    I think that we'll see such class of cameras in coming years.
  • That's tiny LCD. We need a big shopping window LCD on GH3.
  • Man that is ugly, i am not going to sleep well tonight.
    Go on buy Canon than.
    I am happy with my gh2, i like girly things.
    Let me check one more time, oh i am a girl in men forum.
  • I want a heavier camera with more buttons!

This is the perfect camera for me! GH1 is too small and too lightweight. I am a man, there are muscles on my arm! I'm not a wimpy schoolgirl! :P GH3? ??? ????? Pfpfpfpfpfpfffff...
  • GH2 body, battery, card weigh close to 1lb. Canon 600D, battery, card weigh 1.26 lb. The cards weigh same. GH2 battery is lighter than 600D battery. So... there's very little difference in the body weight. Slap all metal adapter on GH2. There goes additional .2 ~ .4 lb. GH2 is small only w/ m43 pancakes.

Really... who cares about GF or G lines? Make'em more cute for girls. Make GH more masculine!!!
  • You can have mine. I would have no use for something like that.

• It is amazing, i want one.
  • VK Wrote: I clearly imagine the following marketing slogan:
    "Buy our new super pancake lens. Camera is included for free. It is so tiny... You hardly notice it on the back of your lens."

There already is that. Well, in prototype anyway.

• Yes, but the iq for stills is very impressive, especially OOC jpg, they are different class to Samsung and as good if not better than anything Sony have to offer. Nex and a55 are pretty poor for video with settings,aliasing, moire, and skew-RS, therefore they will probably be very worried about Panasonic G3. Its small, light, touchscreen, excellent video(for consumer) excellent OOC jpgs even at iso3200, swivel screen, fast as GH2, etc etc. I think Canon, Nikon, Sony and Samsung will be shocked at what Pana has done with G3. Also be interesting to see if the video is 1080i with progressive embedded ala the GH1 ie sensor is 25p. OK bit rate is low again, but for Euro people this may be a better option than GH2 too. Hats off to Pana with G3, a 24mb 1080i would of been really cool but they cant because they held back on GH2, except for 24p.
  • Something like that would be great.
    Honestly if you are carying a hasselblad, a tripod. You want something small for video.
  • >Size is very important, i wish they can make even smaller and better cameras.

I clearly imagine the following marketing slogan:
    "Buy our new super pancake lens. Camera is included for free. It is so tiny... You hardly notice it on the back of your lens."
  • Hi Stonebat,
    I bought Gh2 , one of the reason was small size. I get use to carry 3 cameras in my bag, my hasselblad for pro photo, my video and digital photo camera for documentation. Now i dont need to take video camera with me.I travel a lot so the gh2 is ideal solution . Put 14mm on it and you can take anywhere. Size is very important, i wish they can make even smaller and better cameras.
  • LOL...

I just hope the GH3 does NOT follow these turdy trends.

Panasonic.. Hmm, I swear, sometimes I think they created the GH1 by shear luck and completely by accident. :D

Hmm, $599.99, at least they got the price right this time... Well, closer to right anyway!

• Don't forget 1080i only at 17mb.

This cam needs to die by fire.
  • M43 is still the best in video among mirrorless cameras. Lumix 20.7 pancake, 7-14, 14-140 are excellent lenses. The upcoming Lumix 25.4 sounds great. The rumored M.Zuiko 12mm 2.0 and 50mm 2.0 sound great, too. But the future of m43 system... nobody knows. But does it really matter? Some still make awesome photos w/ film bodies. We have diehard GH13 owners who refuse to sell. Actually I like GH2 a lot. I just wish Panasonic doesn't kill the line.
  • Sounds disappointing.
  • >you meant GH13 hack :)
    is the pope catholic? :) hehe
  • you meant GH13 hack :)
  • if it weren't for GH series good video mode, they would have been epic failures
  • I just picked up my uncle's K10d pentax again after VK post on the K20d, and my god, it felt like holding a real camera again compared to GH2!
  • Ok... enough ranting of the day.

The only good thing I'm waiting is... GH2 hack. And the EVF eyecup. Go Vitaliy!!! Go rigs!!!!