Personal View site logo
'Apocalypse Now' Experimental Series 1 Thread - BOOM, Intravenus - cbrandin/driftwood AN Soft/Cinema
  • 1089 Replies sorted by
  • @lambo That was fun. Made me smile. :)

• Cluster v8 / Intravenus - Cinema Smooth matrix soon.

• I don't plan to release any settings myself. I provided the matrices to @driftwood, @bkmcwd, and others and they are creating settings with them - along with their own matrices, some of them which are extensions to my original matrices.

• @cbrandin Checking daily for your new cinema smooth release, any idea on when? thanks.

• @xiaokaoshu: lovely daughter and lovely footage!

• My daughter,2 month old /GH2+20/1.7 /Intravenus v1 - all-I except 720p - seti /24P /Smooth -2 0 -2 -2 /Crop 150% and Fit

444 150%.jpg
    1653 x 1100 - 163K
    444 fit.jpg
    1649 x 1107 - 167K
  • @driftwood

Am impressed with Intravenus HBR, but it caused my camera to hang

• @Sergius

Those captures are details (crops) from actual frames from a GH2 in 1080p24 mode. The setting was the factory default with only the matrices changed. I don't have the originals anymore, but I would guess that they were probably 10 second clips (that's what I typically shoot for tests) and the details were captured a few seconds into the frames. The first second, or so, of clips captured with GHx cameras tend to be lower quality than the rest because it takes the CODEC about that long to settle. Once the CODEC settles, the detail remains constant for the entire remainder of the clip (I did actually look).

• just for fun !! Patch: Intravenus

• hehehe thx...i load the final version yet...

• @lambo: looks nice! I dont drink soft drinks, but that almost makes me want to grab a coke!

• patch: Intravenus password: lambo

• patch: Intravenus password: lambo

• @cbrandin Hi. You published a post in this thread with a image. Message: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/81993#Comment_81993

The image shows a very high resolution video. This is a fake or a real frame of the original file GH2? If this is a real file, you can give a look at this example of the original file is ~ 5 seconds?

567bb8b63e29f0a28479a40d445dc7.jpg
    960 x 364 - 67K
  • @thepalalias: i am also very curious about IntraVenus. An intra setting with the 444matrix that is stable, for all purposes and not too experimental would be my castle in the sky.

• @rajamalik If you have time to try it for that, I would suggest doing so. It has not been certified for all uses yet and may run into issues if detail gets excessive. However, much like Mysteron was billed as an "experimental" setting but ended up working well, this one may as well.

The image quality is high, the light handling is balanced and 24P performance has been good in the testing so far. I suggest shooting some of your own tests as soon as you can - it should work well with both the Nokton and Panasonic.

• @thepalalias intravenus v1, is it an all rounder for wide mid and close up shots with all lenses like the nokton and the panny???

• @rajamalik While @driftwood may choose to do additional settings, IntraVenus is balanced and has not been optimized for a particular lighting temperature in the way that CM Day PM and CM Night were. It handles the full color spectrum well and does not suffer from the blue issues that CM Night did (because it does not try to match CM Night's lowlight performance in the same way).

• @thepalalias no yar i mean for the wide angle shots... @driftwood thank u so much and advance wishes for CM AM . sir , what about lighting based shots?? do we have any intavenus night intavenus day and intravenus pm in this???

• @onbrain What f-stop, ISO, material, etc? I guess I should fast-track doing some tests today to see if the behavior is unusual.

@driftwood Just looked through the PTool values and did not understand your frame limit comments. Did you mean..

• 1080p24 Frame Limit
    • 1080p24 High Top Setting -1080p24 High Bottom Setting
    • 1080p24 Low Top Setting
    • 1080p24 Low Bottom Setting (default 10912)

Because they all had defined values, so I am not sure I understand the comment. Though of course with a GOP1 setting high detail static shots would be more demanding.

• @onionbrain @thepalalias Thats because theres a much higher Encoder frame limit for 1080p24 which is now at 9470000 (6080808 v1) - Ive messed with GOP weighting instead - 147M is max for detailed subjects - check what happens when it goes static. Its an experiment to see how it fairs against v1 - it shoud be more effecient. Closest anology is Encoder Frame limit works like a music plugin Max limiter when used to power the GOP in conjunction with other ptools patches (as seen in 1080p24 v1).

For example, if I push down the limit for rate control conformance for some experiments, Ive seen a natural rise throughout the GOP (tested also on p and B frames on HBR and 720 modes which go up as more power is available when trying to measure the amount i frames require) - Like in the past when Ive had to bring Frame Limit for 720p Intra down in size to work at 50p a the i frames then just about max out to the limit.

I just want to see if peope see much difference or if it is producing similar looking footage/quality more effeciently. Some of my own tests show similar quality at a more effecient datarate/filesize. And also to demonstrate how settings change when unusual GOP Related weighting is applied.

@rajamalik I'll bring up CM AM after I finsh this series.

• @driftwood

I just installed Boom2 and did two shots (high detail, camera moving all over the place, properly exposed everything) at 24H -- and although the remaining time indicator in the camera is exactly what it should be for something in the 140 Mbps range -- both the video files came in around 50 Mbps. One was 49 Mbps, the other 51 Mbps.

• @rajamalik All of them support shooting wide open, the question is how they handle high detail "wide angle/wide framing" shots. :)

• @driftwood sir is it possible to release canis AM setting??? we had a disucussion about it's release long back. is it dropped if so how we can alternate Morning or mid sun time shooting?? We now have canis night and PM.

With boom and intra Venus 1 is it possible to shoot wide open?? Any all rounder gop1 yet to be released??

• @driftwood. I only tested NTSC

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions