Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
'Apocalypse Now' Experimental Series 1 Thread - BOOM, Intravenus - cbrandin/driftwood AN Soft/Cinema
  • 1089 Replies sorted by
  • Lets see what it can do, eaven i was alredy quite happy with CM night.

• Just did a quick test video

You can read more about it at my blog http://stronzvanderploeg.net/2012/08/29/gh2-hack-test-apocalypse-now/

Colored Stock Firmware.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Colored Apocalypse Now.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • @driftwood @cbrandin, @bkmcwd and @Vitaliy_Kiselev, many thanks and congrats on the new matrix. It's quite an achievement!! It definitely takes the already amazing hacked GH2 to the next level.

@Xenocide38, which film mode did you use? Do you feel there is a more pronouced "red-green" tonal change, as in your footage, esp. on the neck area. Despite the quick tests I did, I have similar experience while shooting with "Standard" with all "-2". I am now trying to go back to "Smooth" with all "-2" to see if it makes a difference.

Dose anyone else notice such color shift on skin tone, esp between light/shade areas? I just wonder maybe it's not related to this patch specificially.

• where is the download link please?

• Once there was a golden cat and gray day. Lazy man did not want to leave his appartment and he did not care about lightnig, or grading.

• @Xenocide38 you want us all to do a quick test of your blog?

• @driftwood: first cheers a ton for all the work you 3 did and also for the work of the beta team.

I use mainly old canon fd primes. Do you recommend the sharp or soft setting for me? Just for run and gun i sometimes use the 14-140mm kit lens. I like a soft image though, double soft might over do it, but what i fear most is a videoish look.

cheers m8!!

• @Louis Top of the page.

• Thank you peternap

• @driftwood

if you are of the consensus that you DO NOT require intelligent modes iA/iDynamic, we have decided to offer you additional 'AN' settings that make use of this bandwidth in the basic encoding patches and provide stronger GOP weighting - at the risk of failure in Intelligent modes.

Could you clarify, please? Sorry if the question rates in the bloopers class, but where is this "AN" setting and what does it do again?

That aside, I thought the general consensus was to not use I-dynamic(?) Are folks using it?

Thanks.

• a little first test

• I've been a huge follower of the progress being made with the GH2 patches. Simply amazing considering, I'm carrying something capturing footage above a $3k-4k camera, but paid well under $1k a year ago. Well worth a donation! On to the point. I have trouble with some of the patches because it looks muddy or im getting pulsating noise. Although, for most I get wonderful results.

iA and iDynamic are a no no? Anything else I should pay some mind too, bad iso ranges, etc?

Just some simple do/dont list will help, i dont want to open up a whole new discussion or take up space here. Apologies is this is off topic, just @jrd pointed out something thats been on my mind as well. I usually shoot with kit, a few Nikon primes, & Extreme 45mb card. (I start with kit to test patches, since i use that the most with steadycam) Cheers!

• What Lens Lambo? What patch?

Would be great if everyone could post lens and patch with test.

• @Lambo wow that is film like for sure! Do more test! Did you do any colour correction?

So the new hack makes @Xenocide38 happy based on the comparison.

• @JDN @retrospective test with Kit lense 14-140mm color correction Colorista II patch Cluster v7 Nebular 444 soft

• that's the 14-140? holy s***!

• that is what i think first hahaha

• little Buddha test

• @Lambo - Gorgeous! The solidity of the image is insane. It's very dense and more Canon like instead of having a frail, crunchiness to the image. Lens?

• @artiswar little buddha footage with Voigtländer Nokton 25mm f/.0.95

• I must be blind, still can't see the link to download this, help pls

• @louis: below driftwoods posting there is something that looks like a little piece of paper or a page. click on that.

• here.PNG
    457 x 899 - 61K
  • lol nice tommyboy, that would have been my next idea :-)

• thanks guys

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions