Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • But there is still to many question marks with GH3 to judge it on way or the anather. Some small details like using Android or IOS device as remotecontroller sounds relly cool if those works.

• Btw head US Panasonic imaging manager have NO IDEA about HDMI output capabilities and say that it'll be clear in final version.

We'll know other answers version soon.

• They seems a bunch of beginners, really :)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

How could they not know what the capabilities are... are there any other cameras with a clean HDMI, or is it only with HD-SDI, BnC port that you can get a clean 1080p signal?

• How could they not know what the capabilities are

Quite simply, they have no idea. Same as you have no idea on most things in this world :-) Fuys still work on minor aspects and firmware.
    HD-SDI has no relation to the problem.

• My lone $20 feels very secure.

twen.jpg
    391 x 276 - 39K
  • I really do not understand them. It's the most important photo show in the world; you are annuncing your so called "flagship model" and you bring with you only marketing guys? I do not pretend having there the Venus Engine Obi-Wan Kenobi but just a tech dept. guys which can answer to some question a little bit more tech than my mother's questions... I do not know if it's the same for other Brand. I'm curious to know if Canon acted the same with their announcements...

• @LongJohnSilver

Panasonic always acted like this.
    As I am aware, Pentax has more top managment on site, but same problem with any tech guys.

Exhibition is like peacocks competition for managment. As Carlin said, it is competition who have bigger dick.

If some stupid poor tech developer will lead introduction, it undermines credibility.

• In a way I think I can understand that they prefer to have business suits rather than tech nerds on display there. But they could at least just take one geek out of their lab and hide him behind a curtain to answer those precious questions.

• Maybe marketing people think customer are like when a girl go to buy a laptop (excuse me women) Hooh it´s so nice white I buy it. ;-) @LongJohnSilver and here you have another trash comment in this topic :)

• @Vitaliy

Are there any cameras that use HDMI out to get a 4:2:2 10bit signal?

• @Kihlian I add other speculations :)

Speaking exclusively to TechRadar at Photokina 2012, Uematsu acknowledged that there have been many requests for focus peaking on the Panasonic GH3 to indicate the sharpest areas in a scene when a video is being recorded. He went on to say that this, and 'zebras' (a type of exposure warning) could be added with a firmware upgrade.

However, he went on to say that adding features with a firmware upgrade takes a level of resources that isn't currently available, and the company would have to assess the demand.

http://www.techradar.com/news/photography-video-capture/cameras/panasonic-confirms-gh3-could-have-peaking-1098408

• It's ugly , i don't like the looks its like a cheap canon :(

• 2 Graded frames form the 'Cat video', I am not vaguely skilled as a colourist, but the latitude/colour in these clips were very easy to achieve results.

Screen shot 2012-09-19 at 13.40.54.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Screen shot 2012-09-19 at 13.49.30.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • I love how disappointed everyone is without ever using the camera....first-world problems.....

• I know this post goes a little bit off topic, but in regards of gh3 .mov container, I´ve had colorgraded some music videos which were shoot on canon 7D (which stores videos in .mov ) and I noticed that the colours holds better and are better to grade than my hacked GH1 .. could someone smart clarify if .mov container can store more color information than .mts even that both are 4:2:0?

• @hedrox

No, it is CONTAINERS, and with proper software you can transfer one to another without affecting video, at all.

• So where, again, did Panny specifically say that the sensor is not muli-aspect?

Also, you guys wanted lower light useability, so to keep the same sensor size, they decreased max pixel count by 1million pixels, presumably to increase the pixel sizes. Wouldn't this ruin the potential multi-aspect ability of the sensor? It sounds like you guys got what you asked for and now aren't happy that you got it.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev thanks VK, so it is probably due different encoding or implementation of avchd h.264 and h.264 codec right?

• So where, again, did Panny specifically say that the sensor is not muli-aspect?

In their spec sheets :-) Check resolutions :-)

As for your "bigger pixel" idea. It is wrong. If you make sensor smaller (not multi aspect now), you reduce number of total pixel count. Simple.

• i own a GH2 Hacked and 5D mark2 ,i will trade my 5d 2 for GH3 yeah man,and people please ,stop crying for AR GH3 TINA :-)

• Did the photokina team or anyone else for that matter report on what the increments for Shutter speed are?

• I'm hopeful the engineers have built in some gems. Panasonic marketing is useless. With a shipping date of November 30th. When do you think firmware will be locked?I mean they have had 2 years to build this. I wonder how difficult they have made it to hack now? I can imagine some very professional quality Android apps for film makers. Maybe even roll Ptools into an app, that can adjust the firmware bitrates remotely.

• Don't know how it is at Photokina but at NAB, the major manufacturers like Sony and Panasonic also send engineers to the show and they are in the exhibits floor. They dress like any sales rep and stand next or close to the product they help to develop. Sales reps only learn a script based on a standard list of possible questions which is very limited. When someone throw a curb ball they call the engineers to come to the rescue. The problem in the case of Sony (my experience) is that those engineers are Japanese and only speak limited English, so it's hard to get any information unless you speak their native language.

• B&H is accepting pre-orders now.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions