Personal View site logo
GH3 rumors topic
  • 869 Replies sorted by
  • Let's at least link to Panasonic's original video, so we're not suffering a generation loss from the re-upload:

• @NickHope

This is the most strange approach to announcments I saw in years. Just place promotional video on official youtube account :-)

• Here's a screen grab of the rear of the GH3, just before it pans out of focus:

GH3 - right rear.jpg
    400 x 520 - 54K
  • @LPowell

Yep, three wheels.

I really struggled not having two main wheels, that are present on Pentax, on Panasonic bodies.

• It does look ergonomically like a nice camera. The slanted shutter button, three wheels (one replaced the G5 top-front rocker switch), redesigned top mode switches (the AF mode switch is now around the AF/AE lock). It would be nice to see the camera from the top, and finally get the detailed technical specifications.

• and the only question is now for me the codec, give us 4:2:2 8/10bit and take my money panny! btw the promo looks to me boring and amateurish, I wouldn´t be surpriced if this wasn´t official or final version

• I thought the video was subtle but it positions the GH3 as enthusiast camera first. Features were tipped in this video. HDR stillls, maybe timelapse modes in the star field shots and the cinema portion had monitoring/tethering by a laptop.

GH3 remains a true hybrid. They show how compact the camera is compared to a DSLR (even with the grip) and the lenses are small and you can carry them easily. The camera is fully featured and will enable to you take the challenging shots you want to take no matter your area of interest. It is a great pre-announcment video - underselling the camera before a big reveal.

• On the photo posted on 43rumours the camera mount the new 12-35mm so it should be the kit lens for sure.

panasonic_gh3_image-1.png
    1022 x 612 - 193K
    panasonic_gh3_image-1 copia.png
    285 x 200 - 65K
  • @LongJohnSilver

It is very good that 12-35mm will be kit lens.

As we'll see cheaper good zooms for cheaper price from the kits :-)

• Seeing the video I understand that here is full of absent minded :)

All these people traveling the word filming on GH3 and nobody notice them :)

• screen grab

Screen Shot 2012-09-14 at 11.30.04.png
    1440 x 900 - 435K
  • All I-frame 72MBPS. Goodbye MPEG2 50MBPS acquisition for broadcast? Nah, a slow death

Screen Shot 2012-09-14 at 11.41.25.png
    1440 x 900 - 530K
  • @TraumManufaktur Looks like the GH3 is shaping up to be the hybrid video shooter the Nikon D600 is not.

• Looking at the promo, Panny gave a big emphasis on pro video use. Maybe this time they were not feared to cannibalize their pro line?

• @TraumManufaktur It really depends on how it is implemented. :)

50 mbps MPEG-2 4:2:2 on other cameras often looks much better (codec-wise) than the 4:2:0 All-I option on the 5DMkIII.

If it is well implemented and 4:2:2, then it is only a matter of the software, processors and infrastructure the broadcasters use migrating to a superior format. But if the codec is implemented poorly, or if it is implemented well but still loses the bullet point on 4:2:2, then we might not see it have much effect on that at all.

However, on a more relavant note for most of us: unless the engineers completely ignored both the "pro" division and the testing done over the last year or so with GOP1 settings here on the forum, they have a huge pool of data from which to create a good All-I codec setting.

So here is to hoping they do! :)

• I will keep on buying Panasonic MFT if they do this right. Most value for money ever.

• @thepalalias 4:2:2. Hope so, too. If the GH3 gets the BBC approved stamp, get ready for a wait list. Fun to speculate, way too early to say something for real.

Good idea with asking for a .mts file for testing.

• ouawww! GH3! Oh my God ... : D any stupid little question and probably a bit too early to ask but the video flow is not as good as the GH2 hacked ... Do you think it will be possible to hacked? because if it is possible, it may be a pure happiness, good photo and video, that's all I ask! Otherwise level design, I find it really very beautiful!

• I liked that unfinished(?) presentation(?) video. The camera looks solid, controlable and not too big.

The music is really cool even though I suspect it's not final because you don't make a promotional video that starts with someone singing "Fuck off!".

• Panasonic has pulled the video.

• @fancydancer

Someone in the US just got up :-)

• Thats 1 ugly motherfu**er! least it will b built like a desert tank. Also looks like bloom monitoring on an ipad? Colour looks very nice, thats all I can say from shitty 720p youtube compression. Oh and the screen looks like it has been bumped to 4inches (bye bye my LCDVF)

• Size comparison with Gh2. Good. They removed the stupid "FULL HD" label.

1347619250_sdf.jpg
    1400 x 1085 - 467K
  • Looking good. Not that the camera is so good looking but overall. I think they still kept it a pretty slimmed camera in a serious dslr form factor. Granted, it will be quite a bit bigger with the battery grip but then again, that´s optional. :)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions