Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3 rumors topic
  • 869 Replies sorted by
  • Highlight rolloff in that canyon still shot looks good, too. Maybe a bit nicer than the om-d, but there is of course no information on how the shot was handled in post.

Oh dear.. I can´t believe I´m analyzing this vid.

• Lol´s dont analyse video about performance of camera in youtube, it is of no use its funny though.

• Why did they put all of the pictures in there with black borders all the way around. It makes it look like someone framed it for 4:3 and then went "Oh wait we have to add this into 16:9 video". I guess some publicity is always better than no publicity. However, this video screams of the time when they got someone completely unfamiliar with Panasonic m4/3s cameras to shoot the Olympic Ad campaign.

• Where is the stereo microphone?

• Thanks guys for the sarcastic jokes about the music. They put a smile on my face and are helping me start the day in a good mood. :)

I think the real question is what the video would have been like if it actually had, had good music, let alone music that was appropriate to the material. Of course, not a knock on the person that made it: almost every composer we really enjoy has made music that did not seem very enjoyable.

And honestly, maybe the music could be appropriate to something? I guess it is good that we all know this is not it.

ANyway, like I said, thanks everyone for the humor - you helped me start the day on a fun note. :)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I don't think anyone got fired for the Panasonic leak video. I think it was deliberate from them. Since Monday or Tuesday it has been known that Pana and Olympus would publicly unveil their new product at Photokina. After the Sony and then Nikon announcement the last few days. They surely thought that it was like a window to put the limelight onto the gh3 after those big announcement and before other ones.

In fact I think the Panasonic marketing is just dumb, they should have announced the gh3 at least one week ago. Nikon and Canon always announce there camera at least one to two week before any big shows. In this way, you face much less media competition, more so that the gh3 will be Pana new flagship. Imagine if it was the blackmagic camera that was launched next Monday. How much attention the gh3 would have got. That is why I think they got a little bit in panic mode with this video leak. I am sure if else, we still would have got some more subtle blurry spy shots on some Asian forum, compared to this promotional video on there own youtube channel ;-)

• the video is more a make off, behind the scene or something.

• Where is the best online site to pre-order things like this? And... @Vitaliy_Kiselev - Are you intending to collect funds to purchase a gh3 body(s) for research? Nice looing camera.

• Grip side is wider, meaning bigger battery? Oh well.... good for better capacity but new battery again?

jbnWZvuLno9t0o.jpg
    900 x 698 - 120K
  • i just hope I can use the same batteries as I have so many of them for my GH2.

• Wait, what's this? Subliminal messaging in the song? It does sound a bit like:

"10-bit, 10-bit, 4-2-2, XLR and how are you?"

• dont wait for the same battery. not even close lol

• The video is not very reassuring in terms of DR. Starting with the shot in the Canyon facing up into the sky with the blown out clouds that does not look nice at all. The sensor Dr could be good like with the HDR photos in India, but hopefully they will get us some flat profile for the video side. This is just speculation and we will have to wait a little bit more for proper test.

• I don't want "Flat profiles" I want real DR. Reality is, though, it's likely not to be above 11, if even at 11.

Kinda painful, but at least knowing that the GH3 will be available to purchase probably before the Magic Cam's even truly shipping (not three or four units) is beginning to make the GH3 sound like the next and only purchase, along with Hyperdeck Shuttle.

• They better announce the camera today. suspense is killing me

• Music Sounds like Laurie Anderson...bold choice to go so artsy.

I like the title cards.

I am curious about what we have in terms of the rumored greater than 60fps speeds...

• Panny's marketing team must be pretty short handed if they got their intern to pull off their big release video ;-)

Still gets me amped for more news at photokina!

• @bannedindv That is a good euphemism, I will have to remember to call other things"bold" when they do not fit. :)

Man, the music is just so laughably inappropriate. Every muscian I played for so far has given me a weird look until I muted it. But I guess at least it is free advertising for the vocal processing preset they used make it? :)

@RyanPW Good one. :)

• Why are you thinking that promo was shot with GH3?

Remember Nokia fail last week :)

• I'm waiting for the action shots of skateboarders and dirt-bikes.

• @kholi for me it will be a harder sell if the DR is not better. If else it will be external recorder for my D800 and perhaps mosaic filter. I have tested the D800 and the resolution is quite good, just a little lower than the gh2, but good enough for me. along the line for my photography I will have to get a d600 as second body and then I will see. The promotional video is by far the best of all the new camera announcement and very nice DR.

• I'm sure the DR will be fantastic; the DR of the hacked GH2 is already enough to pass.

• @danyyyel

I'm with you, the problem is I don't like the look of the D800 and I don't want to be locked into a Canon mount. That's a nightmare for me. I'd rather be locked into Canon than Nikon. =[ So, although I really... really want great DR, my only other real option for personal ownership was a Magic Cam... oh well.

@Sage

I'm jealous, I wish I could see nine harsh stops as enough. =[

• @kholi

I am with you as well. That is the single biggest drawback of the GH2 and they know it or they wouldn't be advertising the increased DR of the GH3 so much. Let's just hope it is a real increase and not just some poor software trickery.

• There was a time when the shooter used digital cameras that did not have enough DR to look good, ever. The GH2 does. With careful exposure/coloring, it can pass. Not to say they wouldn't like more - to be exact: more resolution, DR, improved color sci, and less skew are all on the list. Though one could take it or leave it. I'm well satisfied with VKs work.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions