Personal View site logo
GH3 rumors topic
  • 869 Replies sorted by
  • It looks like they have put the focus options on a new switch on the back of the camera. That would imply that something else has been assigned to the secondary dial on top of the camera. Can't wait until we get a view from above...

• WOW.....gorgeous.

• @Manu4Vendetta

Nope, it seems like simple error. Most probably video was uploaded today, but he forget to make it unavailable to public (until time comes).

• @Vitaliy,

I'm surprised they kept the secret this long. I guess someone was about to burst and just couldn't keep the secret anymore.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev. I think these calleds 'leaks' are hidden marketing strategies, this started some years ago in the past decade with the automotive industry and I see relatively recently that the electronics industry, specifically smartphones and cameras are doing. They say 'leaks' but with increasingly happens, I doubt it. Brands want to do something similar to viral marketing with these alleged leaks and so create more expectations, anxieties and comments from the public.

• For he whom is about to lose his job for this, I salute you

Up to this point it had be one of the best Panasonic compaign, without any major leaks (today spec leak anyway).

• @bleach551. No worries. I suspect that you are right about the flash button.

• @QuickHitRecord,

Sorry about, thought you were serious.

That lightning bolt could just be the pop-up flash button, Just like on my Nikon d7000

• For he whom is about to lose his job for this, I salute you.

• @bleach551

I know, I was just teasing.

Looks like they've ditched the directional buttons in favor of a more Canon-like wheel. And I wonder what the little dial with the lightning bolt on it going to be. A programmable dial like on the A99 or something flash-related?

• It's on Youtube, We really couldn't expect a true representation of quality there.

• What a terrible promo video. I had to hit mute. But there it is. Anyone see any sky banding? ;-P

• @Vitaliy,

Hopefully not, but maybe.

• Someone will be fired :-) This is for sure.

• Finally,

This is the size the gh1/2 should have always been. I think this new size and metal body will finally give it the respect among the Nikon/Canon users it always deserved.

• Regarding the press conference:

I try to send it into the wiki via twitter. Vitaliy already set it up here:

http://www.personal-view.com/photokina/coverage/dieter-knuettel-page

I will twitter what is possible and , via I-phone, send some pictures if it is possible there.

Igor is there too, I am sure he will also send some stuff.

It will be 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. German time on Monday the 17th of September. In Los Angeles you are 8 hours behind so that means that it is between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. Monday morning.

• @svart The table you showed indicates that the longest side is over 15% longer for Academy than the most generous estimates of the GH2 and much closer to APS-C.

Both Academy and S35 are closer to the width of APS-C. And remember that APS-C comes in both 1.6 and 1.5x variants.

• @thepalalias : Super35 is not the same as Academy 35mm... You realize that right?

http://media.crossing-church.com/uploaded_images/CinemaCropFactor.jpg

and for sensor/film size comparison:

http://media.crossing-church.com/uploaded_images/SensorComparison.jpg

Show this pretty well.

• @AKED Very much looking forward to it. What time will that be in Los Angeles/Pacific time?

• @AKED Wooha! That's a really good news! So you will be able to text (maybe images) live-blog the press event? :)

• @AKED great news, that!

• I see it like FF cameras are very limited for overall video use. Bad in low light conditions (you need to step down a lot to get a reasonable focal plane), bad for controlling focus. The optimal span is between s16 and s35, for most video/film work. With that said, check out Playground by Tati if you can find a high resolution copy. Shot on 70mm film. No shallow focus whatsoever. Brilliant use of the medium. (unfortunately for Tati, it didn´t work out financially, he had bankrupted himself personally to complete the movie and most theaters couldn´t even show 70mm copies - suffice to say it didn´t last long in the cinemas when it first came out - legendary film, nonetheless).

• Hi to all:

Good news:

We will be able to participate on the Panasonic press conference on Monday 17th of September and report for "Personal View" from there.

• @thepalalias

I think key here not at F8, but "above F8", like F32 :-)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions