Personal View site logo
GH3 rumors topic
  • 869 Replies sorted by
  • " the most “Pro” m43 camera ever made" is not enough ...

as the GH2 surpasses a hacked GH1, GH3 must beat hacked GH2. That's the point.

• Good news for the viewfinder, hope the same for the backscreen. Less than a month now...

• but which is the best APS-C DSLR he is talking about ? canon c300 ?

really hope it beats canon c300 :( in low light term.

for me is more about noise performance than resolution

• It's only FT3... Let's be patient.

• @amateur I bet it will be really good in low light like most current sensors.

• Hoping the crappy grain, oversharpening and aliasing are gone. One can hope.

• Of course Photokina imporant but much time has passed. This uncertainty is not normal! A sad prospect but GH3 perhaps never will.

Panasonic cameras announcement timeline.png
    561 x 269 - 14K
  • @simrug interesting point of view.

• @DrDave

Hoping the crappy grain, oversharpening and aliasing are gone. One can hope.

I think you're talking about the canon DSLRs here. You seem to have never shot, or seen anything produced with a GH2...

• @simurg, strange conclusion. everything has been pointing from the end of last year to now that the gh3 will launch at photokina. Two years for a flagship camera is nothing in the dslr world. You should compare to the 4 years Nikon users like myself and even Canon shooters have to wait for the high end pro camera line to update to have a sense of time in terms of technological advances.

• @simurg I can confirm that the GH3 is on the way. Trust me. I know.

• Announced at Photokina for sure... Should be a lot of official information leaking in the next week being so close to Photokin and all.

Pretty interesting stuff.

• It is pretty normal, the sooner the announcment, the more emotions come into play with claims, like "ouch no, no GH3" or "ouch, I am sure that it won't have ..., I can't live without this" :-)

• One would think more things shouldve leaked by now :P

• @bwhitz as I'm looking at my 10 camcorders and cameras-for-video along with the forty plus lenses I have to say that your comment made me smile. I mean, what I really need to do is STOP buying this stuff. Tomorrow. This stuff is going on sale. But since you mention it the HF G10 does way better on aliasing and dynamic range that the GH2, and the 5D Mk II has a special look that nothing else has, and at low ISO the GH1 has less grain than the GH2. I find the GH2 a bit noisy and oversharpened, but The GH2 with the Olly 45 is just sharp as sharp can be, and it is an amazing image, especially on large, highly complex scenes. I wish I was better at matching all the cams. I think some people like the grain on the GH2--even call it filmic--but I don't. But with the Flowmotion hack it is pretty amazing with the right lens.

• But since you mention it the HF G10 does way better on aliasing and dynamic range that the GH2

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. But if you really think the HF G10 comes anywhere close to 10 stops (about GH2's range in best conditions) than you're probably doing something wrong, or just trolling...

• @danyyyel Also Canon in the GH2 price range (650D) put out a new camera every year, but this happens in every commercial sectors, so all the world have something to speak about the brand. I agree with you it make only sense if there are real improvements.

• Wonder if the GH3 will have this? I couldn't find the FZ200 thread or I would have put it there.

FZ200 High Speed Video samples for those interested in it for the GH3. In my opionion they are not great. Hopefully, the GH3 brings better quality with the same functionality.

720p @ 100 FPS(PAL)

480p @ 200 FPS(PAL)

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbIzuTHj_FvNJJVy6-xNXSA?feature=watch

• A big Panasonic meet in Germany is taking place for all Panasonic Resellers on October 13th where rumour has it the GH3 will be demonstrated to them.

• :( ..... that means not available before late october or november...

• necesitamos mas calidad de contruccion del cuerpo ,GH2 para mi muy mala calidad.

we need more quality body contruction, GH2 for my very poor quality.

• Tranquilo @ehmeddie. Todo pasa por algo, veremos que nos trae panasonic.

Easy @ehmeddie. Everithing happens for something. Will se what panasonic brings.

• source in asia claims a HBR mode out the box "of around 70-80Mbit" most likely at 24/25p. Be jolly nice if its MJPEG 422 to boot.

• Yes, you won me on that!!! @Jizzyjones , i was about to post it.!!

its incredible, also sony full frame NEX-VG900 camera with e-mount.

interesting indeed.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions