Personal View site logo
Driftwood VY Canis Majoris: This thread will now be integrated into 'Driftwood Series 6 Settings'
  • 901 Replies sorted by
  • @rajamalik Nothing to post....Wait and see mode!

• @peter ha ha,..k,..me too waiting for beta test

• @rajamalik To be honest, Nick has set some high hurdles for himself. For detail shots it's gonna be hard for him to beat Sedna AQA and CM Night....but this looks like he just may do it.

• @peternap I thought it would be a diffirent idea. low bitrate high details,..ha ha,.. Ya cluster v6 all mode working patches are superb. It will be soo good if all mode works with max details and good motion without blur. 154 mbit Sedna A is better than 176mbit quantum and seaquake. so who knows may be we might get 144mbit patch beats 176 and 154,...let's see,..every member has an idea.master takes the wise one.

• @peternap I would love to participate in beta testing. Especially if it's just about improving rolling shutter and motion blur. I cant use canis for all kind of shots because all canis patches has more motion blur and rolling shutter problem. Can't pan a shot,..fast moving objects always blurs. I patched back to cluster v6 seems better in these cases.but canis holds the throne. if we get a very reliable patch which runs all modes well for 95m/s sdxc card holders which is high detailed but without too much motion blur and extreme rolling shutter, it will sure beat Sedna and canis.i think future Devlopement in all mode Working clusters will hold such a reliability. Let's watch the developement.

• It's so quiet here... Peace before storm?...

• @rajamalik I haven't posted on the site in about 11 days (very unusual for me) so I promise there is no big secret I am hiding. :) Rest assured that if I get free time, it will be going towards helping test for @driftwood.

• @thepalalias good to hear,....i would like to participate too,...

• @thepalalias are u gonna be a part of beta testing??? any news yet?? did u fixed u r cam?? how is life man,...any new projects??

• Yeah, I'm interested in this and what the results are..

• @rajamalik I am in the beta group and hope to finally have some time to test within a few days. Right now I am in the process of dealing with some logistics issues to prepare the music video for "Listen to the Sound" for grading. It's also been holiday season around here (4th of July and my father's birthday), and I've been consulting for Numerical Sound on two new products they are about to release.

So between all that and my two electronica singles in production for release later this summer (and assisting one of my students that at 12 years old was a finalist as a stop-motion animation lead for a national ad-campaign) I've been lucky if I can manage an hour of shooting a week for the last couple weeks.

As far as the beta - it looks exciting but everyone should be patient. There is still a LOT of testing left to be done. :)

• @thepalalias Patience is a virtue!

Tell your Father happy belated birthday!

• I have time to test if needed. I only use canis night anymore with the GH2. I'm excited to see if this new matrix makes a difference.

• @plasmasmp Send a message to driftwood

• @thepalalias my belated happy birthday wishes to your papa....hope you are doing superb making these music videos....i am looking forward,...please unload all of them once u complete it

• Round 2 of the new Canis Majoris settings - to be called 'Apocalypse Now; will go to testing on Tuesday. :-)new

• He he he @Driftwood..the new name doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Mr. Copolla picked the GH-2 as his favorite in the Zacuto test does it? Word is he's talking about buying his wife one (if she doesn't have one already).

But yeah....fitting name.

• @driftwood Nice to hear about the new Canis Majoris.

Is there a place here where the differences between the hacks are described?

I mean, in this thread we have a progression of one hack, and its pretty clear, I guess these are evolution from SpanMyBitchUp and Sedna, however, why is there another thread for Canis Majoris?

Where can I find this info? Or do I need to spend 6 hours studying a bunch of different threads?

Thanks

• @driftwood @ian_t why the reference to the movie!? now I must got watch it lol

• @driftwood sir "Apocalypse Now" name is so scary,....

• @driftwood round 2 on tuesday??? sir will you share few description(improvements) about round 1??

• hey everyone. just shot this music video with CM Night and I have to say it is AMAZING. Had some issues with the generator we borrowed so I was forced to up the ISO to around 1250. The patch TOTALLY SAVED THE PRODUCTION! thanks again to Vitaliy and Driftwood for the amazing work!

• Can't wait for Apocalypse Now! (when?)

edit -- also, I think Godfather would be a more fitting name for this patch.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions