Personal View site logo
Driftwood VY Canis Majoris: This thread will now be integrated into 'Driftwood Series 6 Settings'
  • 901 Replies sorted by
    • Panasonic GH2
      • Hack PTool 3,65d
      • Driftwood VY Canis Majoris "Day pm"
      • Mode "Cinema -2-2 0-2"
      • Canon FD 50mm 1,4
      • Canon FD 28mm 2,8
      • Lumix 20mm 1,7
      • Lumix 14mm 2,5
      • Rode Videomic Editer avec After Effects et Premiere.
  • @orgie18 that was really good, good actors, fun movie to watch :)

• +1 orgie18 your video was better than a cup of coffee.

• What's the advantage of using the 2K Mjpeg setting over say Sedna A or the new cluster v2f 720p 60fps for slow motion?

• @thoughts2uk It is only 30 fps - so you cannot shoot 60 fps with it and there is no advantage for that application.

• VYCM "Night" with ADB Effect.

• @artardi that was gr8 effect, hope to see some tutorial

• is the Mjpeg 2K 4:2:2 like on the Gh1?

• @thoughts2uk ive never used the Gh1, this question is better directed at Lee @lpowell who's experience in mjpeg is unsurpassed.

• @orgie18 wow. great job!

• @thougts2uk On the GH1, the largest MJPEG frame size in 4:2:2 color that I was able to produce was 1536x864. Larger sizes were not stable at the large bitrates required to maintain high quality encoding. Since the GH2's MJPEG encoder does not work in 4:2:2 color, I think that is the highest resolution we can get.

• @orgie18 wow, so refreshing to see clean and natural violence in a clean and natural setting. Was It Bosnia or Mexico, perhaps Oakland..nah, to green, maybe outside of Washington DC? I do like to bullet effect, I remember the arrow effect in Robin Hood.... wow. Other than content, nicely shot. Boom!

• Thanks for comments.

• @orgie18 June 4 ...killing as fun ? Sorry !

• 10 seconds of starting the bbq. Wow. These settings are awsome! Nokton 25mm, standard -1-1-1-1 Could habe been ISO 2000 (not sure about it)

Thanks Nick, thanks VK

PW: grill

• CM NIGHT

• What is the best REC MODE for CMnight for day time shooting? I tried standart and vibrant but I need a stronger opinion.

• @CJDincer Depends on your priorities. Standard, Smooth and Vibrant each have advantages. Standard and vibrant have the most neutral colors but it seems that smooth may have a wider dynamic range. Standard has a wider range than dynamic, though. And vibrant is easier to get saturated colors with.

Typically, I shoot with either smooth or standard unless the colors are too drab in the shot, and vibrant if they are.

• @thepalalias thank you cause during the day I was having hard times getting the colors right. I'll test more.

• @Swiss_Boy Hey that looks good. Nice to see CM Night in conditions it was intended for. Well done.

• @artardi Very nice work. Nice lighting and movement. Cool

• Thanks @exilenorth. Another test with VYCM Night with very low light, iso 3200 and panny 20mm at 1.7 / 50.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions