Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood VY Canis Majoris: This thread will now be integrated into 'Driftwood Series 6 Settings'
  • 901 Replies sorted by
    • Panasonic GH2
      • Hack PTool 3,65d
      • Driftwood VY Canis Majoris "Day pm"
      • Mode "Cinema -2-2 0-2"
      • Canon FD 50mm 1,4
      • Canon FD 28mm 2,8
      • Lumix 20mm 1,7
      • Lumix 14mm 2,5
      • Rode Videomic Editer avec After Effects et Premiere.
  • @orgie18 that was really good, good actors, fun movie to watch :)

• +1 orgie18 your video was better than a cup of coffee.

• What's the advantage of using the 2K Mjpeg setting over say Sedna A or the new cluster v2f 720p 60fps for slow motion?

• @thoughts2uk It is only 30 fps - so you cannot shoot 60 fps with it and there is no advantage for that application.

• VYCM "Night" with ADB Effect.

• @artardi that was gr8 effect, hope to see some tutorial

• is the Mjpeg 2K 4:2:2 like on the Gh1?

• @thoughts2uk ive never used the Gh1, this question is better directed at Lee @lpowell who's experience in mjpeg is unsurpassed.

• @orgie18 wow. great job!

• @thougts2uk On the GH1, the largest MJPEG frame size in 4:2:2 color that I was able to produce was 1536x864. Larger sizes were not stable at the large bitrates required to maintain high quality encoding. Since the GH2's MJPEG encoder does not work in 4:2:2 color, I think that is the highest resolution we can get.

• @orgie18 wow, so refreshing to see clean and natural violence in a clean and natural setting. Was It Bosnia or Mexico, perhaps Oakland..nah, to green, maybe outside of Washington DC? I do like to bullet effect, I remember the arrow effect in Robin Hood.... wow. Other than content, nicely shot. Boom!

• Thanks for comments.

• @orgie18 June 4 ...killing as fun ? Sorry !

• 10 seconds of starting the bbq. Wow. These settings are awsome! Nokton 25mm, standard -1-1-1-1 Could habe been ISO 2000 (not sure about it)

Thanks Nick, thanks VK

PW: grill

• CM NIGHT

• What is the best REC MODE for CMnight for day time shooting? I tried standart and vibrant but I need a stronger opinion.

• @CJDincer Depends on your priorities. Standard, Smooth and Vibrant each have advantages. Standard and vibrant have the most neutral colors but it seems that smooth may have a wider dynamic range. Standard has a wider range than dynamic, though. And vibrant is easier to get saturated colors with.

Typically, I shoot with either smooth or standard unless the colors are too drab in the shot, and vibrant if they are.

• @thepalalias thank you cause during the day I was having hard times getting the colors right. I'll test more.

• @Swiss_Boy Hey that looks good. Nice to see CM Night in conditions it was intended for. Well done.

• @artardi Very nice work. Nice lighting and movement. Cool

• Thanks @exilenorth. Another test with VYCM Night with very low light, iso 3200 and panny 20mm at 1.7 / 50.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions