Personal View site logo
GH2 Stalin samples topic
  • 293 Replies sorted by
  • Not a big deal. Just starting to play around with making vertical stuff for the ipad. D-QVB9

• Sedna A Q1 footage,no sound,no colour correction,lumix 20mm 1.7,shot on cinema profile.

• M6 Scrabble Box v.1a
    720p with Sedna A matrix.

• Sedna A, AQ1 24H
    Nikon 50mm f/1.4 AI, Kowa 16-D
    5DtoRGB Batch, rec709, full range
    FCPX -> Resolve -> FCPX [this was a workflow nightmare, btw]

• Quantum X v4d Orion dark matter v3 - Canon FD 55mm f1.2 SSC Aspherical @f2.8 - ISO 320 - 1/50 shutter - Original MTS file uploaded, so no post... - Internal mic

• just wrapped 1st day of shoot for a little student short film I'm doing, no budget, I lit this in 2-3 hours. 2 more days left. I think the results look fucking stunning! I'm sorry but anyone who thinks the GH2 image quality is sub-standard is either blind or does not have a clue about cinematography and lighting.

few tech facts:

-lights used: 4x1000W Arri Fresnels, 3x650W Arri, 2x300W Arri (location was bloody nightmare, windows high up with spill daylight that changes temperature throughout day and shitty fluorescents indoor that I could not control properly)

-gels: bit of diffusion over the barndoors of a 1k that was used to key the closups, and then I shone another 1 k through a white bed sheet for some fill.

-shot using sedna AQ1 patch

-lenses: panasonic 20mm 1.7, samyang 35mm 1.4, nikkor AI-S 50mm 1.2

-tripod:Vinten Pro 5

-film mode: smooth -2,-2,-2,-2

-200 iso

-aperture: i think everything was between f2 and f4 on all shots and lenses, probably between f2.8-3.5

a few grabs , slightly graded in color finesse. will post film end of next week.

alpha-male snapshots_3.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    alpha-male snapshots_2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    alpha-male snapshots_1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    alpha-male snapshots_4.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    alpha-male snapshots_14.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    alpha-male snapshots_6.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    alpha-male snapshots_7.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    alpha-male snapshots_8.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    alpha-male snapshots_5.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    alpha-male snapshots_11.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    alpha-male snapshots_12.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    alpha-male snapshots_13.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • 2nd day wrapped, footage continues to look stunning, quite happy with the way I lit the scenes. I'll be adding frame grabs in the post above as they come...

• @stefanos looking great! Can't wait to see your film :)

• @strancali cheers:) 2 more shoot days left, and it must be edited by next Wednesday, so hopefully it'll turn out nice enough to share...

• @stefanos Holy smokes that looks soo sharp makes me wanna try out the Sedna hack as well

• @Oedipax I download your anamorphic Sedna A shot and watched it on my samsung 55 LED, wow very cinematic. One of the best I seen yet. The only downside is the 2X squeeze. Did you used and diopter?

• @Oedipax

Great job! I couldn't get my wife to rake leaves while I played with a camera!! Great video too!!!

• Thanks guys!

@Hilltop1, nice to hear it held up, especially because the file on Vimeo is super compressed (the original was ~300mb but since I don't have a Plus account it's gone away). I've got the Tokina +0.4 diopter from Redstan but I didn't use it for anything in this video. Very nice for close-ups, though. About the 2x squeeze, I really kind of like it, but I agree it would be great to at least have the option for something less dramatic. I hope we'll get a full-height 4x3 mode on one of these cameras soon.

@bubba, LOL! Yeah, I did feel a little weird about that. But, I try to have at least some human activity to film when I'm making tests and more often than not it ends up being yard work around the house.

• @Oedipax, wow the original file is 300mb, I wonder how good that will look. Should look great! Do you mind shearing that file? Dropbox or google drive (I'm considering picking up a kowa Bell & Howell anamorphic from a local camera shop)

• @Hilltop1, sure, here it is:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_GaTvWvQ0BfSG1wenp1TVhlZGM

Be curious to hear if it makes a big difference on the screen, I imagine it would.

• @Oedipax, yes it looks even much better. The 30mb clip was "muddy". With the 300mb clip, well I see what you see on your computer after editing. Looks great! That's it, im picking up that kowa lol. It was pretty cheap any ways. Thanks.

• Peaceful week-end trip in Britain. @balazer 's cake patch (good, reliable... good).

Vimeo compression doesn't give justice to the patch : the overlay grain look like... mud. Downloadable original file is better.