Personal View site logo
ColorGHear TOOLKIT- color grading SYSTEM for AE
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • "DNxHD linear off" but it says missing for almost all your modules.

missing.png
    758 x 848 - 84K
  • Which module are u trying to use?

• @shian installed both DNxHD and QT 7 Pro but it's still the same thing

• @tonalt figure out which codec it is, Prores or DNxHD and quicktime...and install it. You should be using DNxHD and quicktime.

• @shian I tried to install your output module but now when I press "Make movie..." I get following message:

After Effects warning: cannot output to this format because it is not currently installed.

( 39 :: 99 )

Do you know what's wrong? I'm on Windows 7.

• Looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

• @Tommyboy yup

editing that one right now - here's a still grab.

Screen Shot 2012-05-11 at 2.24.31 PM.png
    1248 x 703 - 1M
  • @shian

Great Job. This is what I have been waiting for.... Shian's Film School!

Are you going to show us your way of working with GOSSEN Digisix in one of the episodes?

• Very cool in regards to FilmSchool @shian. You could also do PhotoshopGhears. ;)

• I think I manage color correction now ok, but where is AudioGHear? ;)

• @shian ...Thanks for all the hard work...looking forward to the ColorGHear Film school...isnt the internet great?...Back when I did highschool all I could do was hang around at the library and hope they had a book that would answer my questions...most of the time not...

• @RJH yeah, like flashlights, desk lamps, little fluorescent nook lights, and I built flags and barn doors out of duct tape and thin cardboard. It was fun.

I'll probably shoot a tutorial on that later on, after I get the ones in the pipeline finished.

• @shian just watched the two FS primers, great start, looking forward to watching more. You mentioned that you used to experiment and practise lighting with miniatures on your desk. What sort of lights did you use? I am guessing you were working with small lamps.

• @all Okay, so over the weekend you might notice some changes to the site...one has already quietly appeared... It should have a lot more content by the middle of next week, but for now here's a little teaser for the ColorGHear Film School...

The page is live, but only the 2 primer videos are up on the site. An overview of the course, and a recommendation for setting up your workspace. More to come as I get them edited, and exported. All registered ColorGHear users now have access to the film school. So check it out, and bookmark the page.

I will work all day today to get more content up, but I have a wedding to attend up the coast tomorrow, so I'll have to knock off tonight and get out of town, but I'll be back to work on Monday getting all the tutorials online. Again, I hope to have it all up by the middle of next week.

Screen Shot 2012-05-11 at 8.53.41 AM.png
    1205 x 1235 - 1006K
    Screen Shot 2012-05-11 at 9.00.13 AM.png
    1313 x 1218 - 989K
  • @pvjames @artiswar Wow guys, great work!!! Glad to see I'm making a little difference in the world. Makes me want to work harder on all of this.

• Finally had time to upload this super experimental, artsy piece. Assignment was to visually interpret and incorporate the poem in the video. Shot and edited same day. Graded with the trusty CGT. Had a little fun with Warp Stabilizer.

• After NAB, i did some shooting not too far away. Thanks again Shian.

http://photos.jamesthorpe.com/Other/Film/22905243_LRBs44#!i=1839888705&k=MRv4WS9&lb=1&s=A

• @shain Will my GHears work with AE6?

Never mind shain. I just read your post about cs6 and decided to save some money. I'll hang on to 5 a while longer.

• @Chauncy in the film stocks tutorial the footage layers are "2-strip", "Hulk", and "Original w Original base" or any layer in the others that says "original" (ie cineghamma original mix). If you go fullscreen and make sure HD is turned on, you can clearly read them.

ANd the only layer that gets a transfer mode applied is Hulk...

• The tutorials are very helpful and what makes it so usable. I had no problems following the other tutorials. But the tutorials are doing advanced stuff now and it's no longer just dropping a ghear in a layer.

Part of the problem, is since all the layers are given Ghear names, it's very hard for me to see if you have added an adjustment layer with a gear OR have added a duplicate precomposed clip with a ghear in it, like in the last tutorial. It's impossible to see the icons that indicate that.

Maybe you could have a naming convention that indicates video clip or layer. Or you could write the recipe out so if we can't catch in the video we can refer to it on the paper.

Also when topics like Blending are referred to while assuming pre-knowledge of that, maybe you could point to a good reference for further targeted, in the scope of the tutorial, reading.

Good stuff though.

• I'm trying to keep the length down, I thought with everything I else I covered in the previous Tuts, I could skip some steps, apparently not. I'll see if I can't revise.

• Well, Cghear has changed the way I grade forever. I haven't used colorista or magic bullets in months.

I found the tutorial on making your own film stocks interesting but you covered way too much ground out of the gate. The blending of duplicate clips was confusing and I think assumed a pre-knowledge of all that.

I'd also suggest that you list a recipe of some of the custom film stocks. Trying to see what gear you're adding and opacities and blending and all the rest is nearly impossible. You also might want to start some of these tutorials with a blank slate rather than having everything already added.

I'll play around with it all once I have a strong starting place, but I've been unable to create a custom film stock that used duplicate clips that was superior to just adding ghear levels.

• @shian - One of my experimental pieces graded with CGT showed at a student showcase today at university. You sir were in the special thanks. I'll upload and post soon! Thanks!

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions