Personal View site logo
PTool 3.61d topic
  • 352 Replies sorted by
  • >Can the settings be made independent eventually?

No. Code is written this way.

>So if I set 24H to 42mbps and 24L to 22mpbs, will 24L look exactly like unmodified 24H?

It'll almost the same. :-)
  • @mpgxsvcd
    "As I expected you have lots of other settings(AVC-HD overall bit rate, encoder settings...etc) configured. Just set the Video Bit rate FSH/SH and 24p to 32000000. Don't change anything else and it won't fail. Your settings are what is breaking the video."

Odd.

The only settings I changed were the 4 end-user AVCHD Compression settings, using suggested values (FSH/SH & 24H = 42mb and FH/H & 24L = 35mb). Perhaps I sent the wrong INI file.

FWIW - Your suggested value of 32mb for FSH/SH and 24H is lower than Hint Suggestion of 42mb.

I retested changing only FSH/SH & 24H with 32mb and that worked fine. Specifically, I could not get FSH crash.

Thank you.
  • >It'll almost the same. :-)

This is very useful to know for easier comparison original footage vs. hacked footage without flashing firmware.
  • > No. Code is written this way.

OK, please add this to the hints.

> It'll almost the same. :-)

'k, I'll shoot some more tomorrow (running water is a great stress test). With my attempted settings, both H & L ended up ~24mpbs. On the plus side the flashing went without a hitch on my PAL GH2 (first time I've used Ptool).

PAL<>NTSC patch seems fine (after card format & power cycle), and changed my 50i to 60i successfully. @V., do you know why the firmware doesn't allow recording NTSC and PAL to the same card? Do you think you can defeat this in the future?
  • @v10tdi

could you test the ex-tele mode in each filmmode? Thank you!
  • I just tried a test (settings below):

24H = 42mbps
    24L = 22mbps

The 42mpbs file is fine (max 45,012,884), but the 22mpbs is far too low (min/av/max: 48,505 / 3,905,782 / 6,920,084), total macroblock garbage for the full 9 seconds . It looks exactly like the 1st second of the good file, but it just doesn't recover.

[Settings]
    Version increment=1
    30min limit removal=Checked
    PAL<->NTSC Menu=Checked
    Video Bitrate FSH/SH=42000000
    Video Bitrate FH/H=16000000
    Video Bitrate 24H=42000000
    Video Bitrate 24L=22000000

I'll run more tests tomorrow ...
    42mpbs.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    22mbps.png
    1920 x 1080 - 398K
    22mbps_stream.gif
    1199 x 207 - 15K
    seta.zip
    392B
  • ... what's really interesting about the bad footage (not so clear from the still above) is how the top of the frame has pretty good detail, and then the bitrate seems to run out and the rest of the frame is macroblock garbage. So the bitrate seems to be allocated from top to bottom.
  • @mpgxsvcd What problems did you have with 42mb/s playback in-cam? Has worked fine for me.
  • @ptchaw I don't know if it is the problem that @mpgxsvcd is having, but if you adjust the audio settings to 448kbps, you can't playback in camera.
  • @Angry_C
    "could you test the ex-tele mode in each filmmode? Thank you! "

FSH/SH = 32MB + ExTele

This worked for me (no FSH/SH card error). Caveat is that my testing was limited to just a couple of clips for FSH and SH with ExTele enabled. Did film grass and trees with a lot of panning.
  • I know it's going to be a dumb question, but it seems like the new avchd files are of the same size, and when I look into every mts file description in adobe premiere it says the bitrate is around 2mb per sec. Sounds like what it used to be before the hack. I'm totally stupid in technical details, so don't get infuriated.
  • Wow. Picture like frames!!!
  • Is 3.61d safe enough for noob testers like me? So eager to try it out.
  • @stonebat I'm not a tester and gave it a try, it's working good for me. I'm using 42mbps in the next few hours for news promos. Around 9 o'clock pacific time I'll post up our 30 second promo with that footage.
  • Its safe stonebat, I'm a noob! I have a problem with 1080 60i FSH though.

Every time I see the 1080i 60 FSH even frame by frame in after effects I can see a huge downgrade in IQ compared to 24H. My stable bit-rate is now 38Mbits with GOP at 6 on Transcend 32GB Class 10. I'm maxing it out on trees.

It's night and day quality and it shouldn't be as in the factory settings 1080i looks close to 24H when de-interlaced properly. Anyone has this problem?

BTW does anyone know if 30p is going to be a possibility or we have to stick with 60i? Thanks!
  • @jamesgh2
    Do not touch GOP. Period.
  • I haven't hacked yet but downloaded all tools and loaded someone's ini. A whole bunch of new options. But it looks... experimental. Last year I read about someone bricking his GH1. If I don't understand, I don't wanna take risk.

is lacking details. More explanations about a couple dozen parameters would make a world of difference to noobs.
  • @stonebat

I know that it is lacking, this is why it is wiki page.
    With time I'll add all details. :-)
  • If I was able to do it then even a monkey can. :)
  • Who was that guy who bricked his GH2 a couple of weeks ago Coz he got too excited and checked every box for testers only? Lol
  • I don't like being a monkey. I'm someone's codemonkey during daytime. Is that a true story? LOL
  • @last_SHIFT
    No one bricked body by checking patches.
  • "'0,000964' is not a valid floating point value" when trying to save firmware.

win7 64bit (tried different compatibility modes and administrator)

only settings checked and changed:
    version increment checked
    24h changed to 42000000
    24l changed to 22000000
  • @mystasynasta
    Download latest version from link at first post.
    if it don't help, tell me your regional settings in Windows.
  • that worked thanks vitaliy.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions