Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
PTool 3.61d topic
  • 352 Replies sorted by
  • oh, but forgot to mention that i have not really tested any of the interlaced modes or PAL modes with the above settings
  • I think that's my first post here,
    although im following the whole movement since the gh1.
    I had a Gh1 hacked which I sold to get the Gh2,
    y'all doing a wonderful work and Im starting to try things !
    I was wondering if by any chance would it be possible (i don't think with the gh1 was) to increase audio compression quality and still be able to playback in cam?
  • another question, not sure if its related to the hack as I don't think I've tried that before.
    But using a Canon FD50 1.4 on iA mode, it says"lens not found or shoot w/o lens is off"
    Actually shoot w/o lens is on, and as soon as I disable iA it work just fine.
    Anyone with the same issue?
  • @vulgatron

iA mode does of course not work with manual lenses. How should the camera communicate with the lens?
  • Ok, yeah that makes sense, and is what I thought but as I said never used that option before,
    and turning it on it does affect the image on the lcd screen, and that made me doubt.
    Thanks for the info ;)
  • After hacking GH2 to 42mbps I notice my still photos have bad pixels in them and overall very crappy quality... anyone else noticing this?

After removing the bitrate patch the distortions are gone.

I know stills have nothing to do with the hack's purpose but I just found it interesting that the video hacks effected still photos taken with the GH2.
  • Using enduser settings
    24H=42
    24L=35

I see the 24L clip pulsing and with poor quality and very low rate.
    What i make wrong?
  • @alpine i have not noticed this happening with my GH2, stills seem unaffected by hack.
  • I test now with 22000000, 'cose the 35000000 suggested value are maybe to high.
    Comment=Standard Base
    SD_Card=Any
    Camera=GH2 v1.0E
    [Settings]
    Version increment=2
    All Interface Languages=Checked
    30min limit removal=Checked
    PAL<->NTSC Menu=Checked
    Video Bitrate FSH/SH=42000000
    Video Bitrate FH/H=22000000
    Video Bitrate 24H=42000000
    Video Bitrate 24L=22000000
  • Hi guys. I installed 3.61D "42mbps" patch( High 42/ low 35) Same as EOSHD. Everything was working fine. There is the shity frames at the start of each clip, the image (.MTS files) looks great on my windows 7 PC and in Pr CS5 (haven't tried VLC) but on my PS3 ( which handles AVCHD files straight of the SD card) nothing happens, black screen. This has never hasn't happen before. GH1,13 and 2. AVCHD files from the SD card have always worked on the PS3. But like i said earlier, on my PC, everthing is fine. Now, when i finished editing the clips i shot today in Pr CS5. I used my usual export seetings
    Preset: H.264 HDTV 24p
    1920x 1080p
    Fps: 23.976
    VBR: 2 pass
    Target bit rate: 32
    Max: 40
    I've used this settings with the GH2 for six months, never had any issues. Now, when Pr finishs exporting i can play the H.264 file back in window 7 media palyer, no issues. But when i play it on both of my WD media players via my USB key, on one WD palyer its doesn't work at all and on the other is freezes on heavy pans of trees and the footage is just overall jerky (all of the footage was shot handheld, 24h. but on the PC it's fine)
    Is it my export setting or hardware? ( hardware being the PS3 and WD players, which i'm worried about cos i can't use that hack on pro jobs fearful that the client doesn't have to correct/latest gear to watch the footage on. I give some of my clients H.264 files so they can watch on there TVs, computers and media players)
    Sorry if i'm being a noob.
    cheers
    Capture.PNG
    421 x 909 - 55K
  • Ok finally going to have time this weekend to start hacking mine. Any advice on any of the settings (values and parameters) that are kinda stable? Thanks.
  • @HillTop1, for what it's worth I've used the recommended settings in PTool (though only shooting with 24H) as well as some of the low GOP mods discussed in the other thread and I've yet to have a clip freeze or the camera lock up. Happened all the time on the GH13. The GH2 seems much more robust and therefore stable, especially 1080p24 mode.
  • @Oedipax, I am a noob tester and it seems like there's a lot of stuff going on that's hard to keep track. But thanks for the tip.
  • I consider myself an end user not a tester so I applied only the recommended settings. No crashes at all and clips play back in camera fine. I'm curious about low GOP but will use the recommended settings until testers flush out the best settings. I need 100% reliability for my shoots so I am happy with the recommended settings for now!
  • @shigg, I guess I have go back and check the recommended settings, I am more like you but will love to test too. So that recommended are all in ptool? What's about this talk of people using the recommended Bitrates but still having problems?
  • @shrigg,

whats about 24L ?
    In my camera, with this settings 24L clips are pulsing and have low bitrate:

Camera=GH2 v1.0E
    [Settings]
    Version increment=2
    All Interface Languages=Checked
    30min limit removal=Checked
    PAL<->NTSC Menu=Checked
    Video Bitrate FSH/SH=42000000
    Video Bitrate FH/H=22000000
    Video Bitrate 24H=42000000
    Video Bitrate 24L=22000000In

Otherwise 24H all perfect.
  • 22000000 is too low, raise it, or tweak using testers bottom bitrate setting.
  • @Vitally,
    First at all thx for your answer.
    Why when i use the suggested 24L 35000000 the video in vlc pulsing and the rate is very low ?

In FSH mode with 42000000 and EXT on i become the message card to slow and the camera freeze with my voglander 32 gb class 10 SDHC card.

Have all camera body the same reaction ? Big question, LOL.
  • I posted this on DVXuser: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?256515-GH2vk-hack-playback-problems...&p=2394442#post2394442

Playback problem on PS3 with settings H50/L32. I get an error msg and can't play at all
    VLC plays back blocky throughout, but not as bad as the usual first 20 frames low bitrate blip.
    Toast Video Player has no problem.
    FCP X has no problem transcoding and plays back fine.
    QT and VLC play .mov fine.

Setting 24H to 32 (no blip) plays back on PS3 OK.

Maybe it's something to do with the blip at the beginning of the clip?
  • @VMT
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/457/playback-issues-with-premiere-exported-footage
    If something don't playback on PS3 it can be anything. From too much data to some small issues in thhe starting GOPs.
  • OK, Thanks, Vitaliy. Good to know that some players are affected and some are not.
  • @Vitaliy, How do you keep track of all these changes and all these these requests. Must have too keep some serious notes on what works and what doesnt.
  • @chrimsbroome
    Just use http://www.bauerapps.com/RightNote.html
    The most stable piece of software that I know. With devoted author.
  • Have done a number of tests with different settings:

[Settings]
    Version increment=1
    Video Bitrate FSH/SH=32000000
    Video Bitrate FH/H=24000000
    Video Bitrate 24H=32000000
    Video Bitrate 24L=24000000
    1080p24 Low Bottom Setting= Tests 11200, 14846, 14848, 16192

All tests results in 24H Ok and 24L ending up with bitrate around 15mbits
    The 24L settings do not get the bad first GOP and looks good from start.
    I will try to find if I can find a Low Bottom Setting that works. I will first start with Low Bottom Setting not checked as I havn't tried that this time.
  • Is there any possibility of Chinese Character Support in the future version of PTool?
    If Yes,How Can I Help?(Japan Version GH2 User From zh-TW,Taiwan)
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions