Personal View site logo
GINI cage for GH1, GH2
  • 95 Replies sorted by
  • @feha it arrived at my other house. Have to go pick it up, but i think they only shipped the bottom plate. Will probably have it by sat.

• @redbaron , @jshzr , did you got your cage ? a replacement ?

• I got my GH2 Cage, here is a short review:

• @redbaron were you able to tie the top of the cage to the hotshoe?

• does the gini rig have a clamp ? please reply with @ ;)

• http://www.ebay.com/itm/Promotion-Sale-Cage-for-GH2-/261008630007 looks like GH2 cage is ready. 7 in stock, much better pictures and free shipping? What happened to gini? Price could be lower though .

• I'm considering ordering this cage on Ebay but the "customs tax" scares me. What have your guys paid for customs to the US?

• They told me, they will ship out by the end of the week.

• I'm still waiting for mine, Gini said this week will post ... a GH2 cage ...

• Any more updates?

• yup standard 1/4"

@redbaron where did you find the male male 1/4" adapter screw? Do you have a link? THANKS

• Are the cage holes standard 1/4" ?

• @redbaron, great fix :-)

• @redbaron, nice. I was thinking of something similar to that. I was going to get a really long 1/4" screw and screw all the way up from my tripod plate through the bottom of the Cage to the gh2 inside the cage :)

• @jshzr I found a temporary fix until GINI gets the entire bottom plate redesigned for the GH2. I removed the rectangular screwplate and thumbscrew and replaced it with a male to male 1/4" adapter screw in the second screw hole behind the center. It fits perfectly now. With the side clamp it is pretty secure.

gh2-cage-fix-01.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 179K
    gh2-cage-fix-02.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 200K
    gh2-cage-fix-03.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 209K
    gh2-cage-fix-04.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 220K
    gh2-cage-fix-05.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 217K
    gh2-cage-fix-06.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 222K
  • @ feha, I have the GH2 on the pictures. The seller e-mailed me back and said they are working on making a new base plate for the GH2 and he will ship that whenever they get it done. 3-4 weeks is his estimated time.

• I've sent him @jshzr 's photos and a link to this thread. He said he is working on the issue.

• Looks like Gini renamed cages to GH1.

• @jshzr , on your pictures is it GH2 or GH1 ?

• I haven't got mine yet shipped , will contact him before he ships ... So i can't answer ...

I have sent to him/them the link for this thread in order to read about problems. They must fix this problem else the cage is worthless for GH2 :-(

• Another issues is that those 6 screws on the plate scratch the bottom of the camera.

• @redbaron Did you get it from ebay seller gini778?

• Same thing here. I sent a note to GINI to see if he could send a replacement mounting plate with the hole moved back. We shall see...