Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • @driftwood,

This is akin to cock teasing! Ok, it really isn't...

It better go to 11.

All the best

• @driftwood does it mean: totally you're happy with Canis Majoris now

• Its close... Very close to release... Just doing some edit tests. Give me the weekend and I'll know...

• Btw: I love you guys. I love patience...

• Will I be able to use Canis Majoris with a 15mb/s class 3 SD card? If not, can you make a version that will...?

;)

• @Cablefreak76 absolutely amazing clip you did, like the compos and movements. quality looks really super. What was the soundtrack, if I may ask?

• @manda thanks! It was one of those quick outings just to do SOMETHING amidst all ordinary day stress. :) Forgot to credit the musician, it's updated now. "Prud'Hommes" by Cobra (avec logo panthère) (http://www.lastfm.fr/music/Cobra+%28avec+logo+panthère%29)

• Martin, Really beautiful work! A great example of seeing. I hope you post more "somethings".

• @Driftwood: Dark Matter is superb!

This was shot on a GH2 with a Canon FD 50mm lens that I bought on ebay for $50. There was indirect sunlight basically filling the place and so the dark areas were very poorly lit. The ceilings are 30+ foot tall and all of the windows were covered in opaque plastic so no direct sunlight inside. (Not like there would be anyway, I'm in Northwest Washington!) I don't specifically remember my F-stop and ISO settings but I'm fairly certain I was at f2.8 or f3.6 and ISO640.

There was very little noise throughout the footage and only really showed up when I started stressing the ISO to 3200 and above. 1600 ran well but I wanted less contrast so I stayed at lower ISO.

The card used was a Sandisk Extreme 16G 30MB/s. It spanned on occasion but was not consistent. I have since decided that I will use Dark Matter for everything I know will be less than 2 minutes. Short actions scenes are just plain perfect to shoot with this. It allows so much latitude because it is just so good in low light. Not to mention that it is all I-Frames (admittedly I don't quite understand this yet but I am taken to believe that all I-Frames can't be bad)

Settings were Nostalgic -2(ALL) on 1080p/24fps.

I found an interesting effect of the hack though. Seems that the hardware was nearly completely maxed out. When shooting with Dark Matter no high light and lots of detail to resolve, the sound would cut in and out. Not really an issue for me but thought I would mention it.

Thanks again Driftwood...you're certainly in my band of heros @vitaly and @cbradin for all they've done too!

Set80003_StreamParser.png
    2052 x 1065 - 711K
    Set80003_Screenie.png
    2615 x 1084 - 5M
  • @bheath and @nothingness99 thanks so much for your feedback! Will definitely post more somethings. :)

• @abaci I see a ton of macroblock noise in the shadows and greys on your posted png

• @cablefreak76 very cinematic footage and grading ! btw, what did you use for the smooth movement?

• @luxis thanks! I'm really a noob when it comes to grading but I do my best by the gut :) I use a DIY Igus.com DryLin W slider I ordered from Germany, pretty much complete I just had to add 3/8" bolt for the fluid head and thread the rail for the 3/8" tap on the tripod. Works perfectly and costed me 1/5 of the price in stores, shipping included!

• screenshot of my shory I'm filming. Today was the second day. Still 3 shooting days. 24p sedna AQ20 H settings with color correction

malice1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • @conscious Is "H" equivalent to A, B or C? I love the expression on the actor's face.

• Sedna Q20 w/ Voigtlander 25mm, Olympus 9-18mm, 45mm

• @vas907 wow i love the shot of the flag at 52 sec...amazing idea.

• @thepalalias , no, I meant: High settings.

• @conscius Ah, okay. The more common way is to just say "24H" instead of "24P - SETTING NAME - H or L". Thanks for taking the time to clarify. :)

• hey everybody

here a short video that i shot yesterday for a project. sedna A AQ1 with canon FD50mm F1.4 and 14-140HD

iwanttomaketheworldabetterplace.com

• I am back to Sedna Q20 A too somehow it feels like GH2 flows better ... but very anxious to see VY Canis Majoris

• does somebody know why i can not embed my video?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions