Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • @gameb oh okay it's just announced on CeBit Hannover we are still waiting for it, but also waiting for if it can beat sandisk sdxc 95MB, delkin 633

• @obscura no problems, so its still not for sale, where did you get the price from?

• @gameb 667x speed is not for sale, others are selling for example Eur and $ 45,00 16GB Sdhc 567x, (but did not find the 32/64GB Sdxc 567x), see the shops in that thread...

• Guys, d'you want to drag this to some other thread and keep this about Quantum, Sedna, Cluster and after next week Canis? Pls, pretty please! This thread is some great knowledge collection. But it's getting hard to follow the information regarding the topic.

• @driftwood producitons rocks!

• Just did a cpl of "oh bugger no sound" days on a mates amazing shoot in the Congo the Driftwood's front end and lordy looks thick - chunky and well presentable - gonna be shown soon in theatre - intersested to see it - have passed same patch footage to my other halfs rushes screen but I am so witnessing it from punter/sound man - be interesting to get u up, Nick, to BTV's suite you're fellow Brighton chums who have a grading suite in my better halfs building up town London. (Beers on me!)

• Thanks for the update @driftwood !

• @vas907 are you recording 60fps sedna AQ20b on a patriot class10?

• One basic query Can i use Senda Aq1 with ptool 3.65? Or i should stick 3.64? Sorry guys i was away for some time!

• @Chhatrapal Hey, use 3.65d. Salud

• @thepalalias my friend bought a macbook pro yesterday,.. he needs some help,... we downloaded 5dtorpg and he has fcp x,... is it the best way to use 5dtorpg for all these top notch files,.. or some other converter is better?? we want to convert this sedna aaq1 files to prores 422 standard,... i know prores 422 hq is a overkill,..i prefer to just go one step ahead so stepped only for prores 422 basic one,.. but do 5dtorpg adds artifact?? which converter is the rite pair for fcp x prores 422 conversion,..?? even if its costly no problem,..please suggest us a converter...which can convert files with all the details of sedna without any artifacts,..

• @rajamalik 5D2RGB will give you the best transcode from MTS into FCP X. I personally use ProRes 444 as I render out to 444 out of After Effects.

• With ordinary AVCHD ProRes HQ is indeed overkill, but with the high bitrate settings like the ones from Driftwood, I'd aim for 422 HQ and even 444 for critical work. Have a look at the bitrates – they are all Intra!

Don't waste the quality and time involved when converting in 5DtoRGB, disk space is getting cheap again.

• What's the frame rate HBR mode? My timeline is showing 29.97 fps and the GH StreamParser is showing 1080/60i. I"m hoping the end result in the timeline is 30p. I have a project coming up that will be used with other camcorders and 30p would be a nice option.

I'm using Zevan13's custom mix of Sedna and Sanity. Thanks in advance for any insights or suggestions.

• @nomad I guess I haven't seen a real difference, between HQ (220mb/s) and plain 422 (145mb/s), but most of driftwood's patches hover around 145mb, so 422 should be enough. Obviously, if the work is hi end, 422 HQ all the way, ensuring that last 2%. 4444 messes with the RGB values, at least in my workflow, so I don't use that.

• @modernhuman @nomad if prores 422 hq is the rite choice,.. then what converter i should use,.. 5drgb or something better,... ??

• @rajamalik maybe also check this pavtube gh2 mts to prores 422 hq, there is also another one or two brands, I don't remember the names, maybe a consumer thing or pro, but it transcodes, http://camcorder1080pvideotips.com/?p=229

• @rajamalik IMHO 5Dto RGB does the best chroma smoothing.

@modernhuman Both are good codecs, but nevertheless it's a transcode. So I'd avoid additional losses. Plus, after conversion you are dealing with 422 and 10 bit, so there is more data to preserve. That's why I'd prefer a higher data rate than your original stuff. And, yes, 444 has it's problems, I try to avoid it as well.

• @nomad i will try/compare some of them,.... let me see,... whats the best,.. i will report back if i find anything special,.. pavtube, other converters vs 5drgb

• Testing Mysteron in the mist, pushing it in FCPX using the ToneGrade plugin. Had the ISO bug going in some of the EX clips, never mind I forgot. Used 'Vibrant' -2 -2 -1 -2 for the first time. I think at least some of the images turned out the way I wanted, like the dock. Mysteron will definitely stay with me a while. The buoy man turned up out of the blue and was very nice and chatty, brightened it up a bit. :)

• Lovin' Canis Majoris... what a day...

@cablefreak76 Magnifique!

• @Driftwood Glad to hear it. :) Too bad you can't get a beta to us before the test on Sunday - we have 8 GH2s confirmed as of today.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions