Personal View site logo
The Big Thing
  • 437 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev Will Panasonic allow no recording limits on PAL GH2(3) that might break tax laws or higher bitrates that make the average user return their cameras due to slow cards? What's the talk on this?

• Any word on Picture profiles in the 2.0 firmware?

Can't talk prior NAB much. But can give you a clue. You won't call them Picture profiles in v2.0.

is it for the photo camera side or video or both

Right now - about 60% video, all the rest photo related.

• Will Panasonic allow no recording limits on PAL GH2(3) that might break tax laws or higher bitrates that make the average user return their cameras due to slow cards?

Don't know for now. It is tough.

• Good luck!

• Congratulations. Can you talk about the technical limits of the GH2?

• I said it, I predicted it 100% when I said Panasonic will be hiring @Vitaliy_Kiselev. Congrats man, you deserve it, Panasonic made a good business investment.
    I think there's gonna be a sweet and bitter to this. I believe @vitaliy_kiselev is not gonna be allowed to hack panasonic cameras again but hopefully he's gonna help Panasonic make cameras that we want.

My first question @vitaliy_kiselve, what's gonna become of PV when you officially start working for Panasonic?

• Superb news. Not only good for VK and the core developers, but great for Panasonic and the wider community. I just hope that the AF100 gets a little love too.... :-)

• Can you talk about the technical limits of the GH2?

It need some research, as no one made it fully, as I understand.

I know more about next Venus LSI limitations. Thing is I don't know how Canon and Nikon are planning to sell their video DSLR after upcoming releases.

• dang, that IS big! Congrats :)

• Congrats man, you deserve it, Panasonic made a good business investment.

Just to be clear. I do not work for Panasonic, we are just partnering :-)

• Thing is I don't know how Canon and Nikon are planning to sell their video DSLR after upcoming releases.

:-)

• Prima Aprilis :-)

• felicidades!! :-)

• Global shutter on the GH3?

• Will there be a press release forthcoming from Panasonic about the partnership?

• Forgive me for being sceptical, but I'm gonna go ahead and avoid this site until april 2nd. This all sounds a bit too good to be true

• it is onLy the photo division oF panasonic,nothing to do with the video broadcast paRt of the company

• Global shutter on the GH3?

NDA

• Forgive me for being sceptical, but I'm gonna go ahead and avoid this site until april 2nd. This all sounds a bit too good to be true

+1

• This all sounds a bit too good to be true

Not so good as I hoped.
    As for many Panasonic cameras hacks still will be the only way of improvements.
    Even GH2 is tough, as most developers are working now on three new cameras based on new Venus Revolution LSI.

• Big congratulations regarding the big news! It's indeed bigger than most of us imagined. It's great to see all of your time and efforts being acknowledged.

Vitaliy_Kiselev 11:39AM

Exactly opposite. As you miss "for selected cameras" and do not count community administration, moderation, arranging deals, etc.

Donating again as a thank you for all that has been done and is continuing to be done. Sincerely appreciate all the education, opinions, tools and deals that have been provided.

• Is this partnership, delay reason for gh3 realease?

• Congrats Vitaliy!

• Interesting. It's 6:13pm my time March 31. It is Moscow is 2:13 am. Anouncement was posted here about 50 minutes ago. That would be April 1, . Hope this isn't a fool thing....

• This is Major! Another reason I really like and support Panasonic. Particularly their amazing engineers.

The fact that a consumer oriented product would be open to some of the more pro users here is amazing. With 6 months or so until Photokina and most likely the GH-3 announcement, that's plenty of time to support some of the features we wish for.

I'd love to see P-Log, I think Panasonic's sensor technology is great, and would love to see a truly flat, no sharpening or contrast profile. That should be possible since it would just be coding, not hardware.

And as Vitaliy suggested, some type of 1080/24p HDR. Not Canon 12p. Again, like with Magic Lantern it is just coding not hardware. If nothing else it is a cool selling feature.

Good luck Vitaily!!!