Personal View site logo
The Big Thing
  • 437 Replies sorted by
  • Prima Aprilis :-)

• Thing is I don't know how Canon and Nikon are planning to sell their video DSLR after upcoming releases.

:-)

• Congrats man, you deserve it, Panasonic made a good business investment.

Just to be clear. I do not work for Panasonic, we are just partnering :-)

• dang, that IS big! Congrats :)

• Can you talk about the technical limits of the GH2?

It need some research, as no one made it fully, as I understand.

I know more about next Venus LSI limitations. Thing is I don't know how Canon and Nikon are planning to sell their video DSLR after upcoming releases.

• Superb news. Not only good for VK and the core developers, but great for Panasonic and the wider community. I just hope that the AF100 gets a little love too.... :-)

• I said it, I predicted it 100% when I said Panasonic will be hiring @Vitaliy_Kiselev. Congrats man, you deserve it, Panasonic made a good business investment.
    I think there's gonna be a sweet and bitter to this. I believe @vitaliy_kiselev is not gonna be allowed to hack panasonic cameras again but hopefully he's gonna help Panasonic make cameras that we want.

My first question @vitaliy_kiselve, what's gonna become of PV when you officially start working for Panasonic?

• Congratulations. Can you talk about the technical limits of the GH2?

• Good luck!

• Will Panasonic allow no recording limits on PAL GH2(3) that might break tax laws or higher bitrates that make the average user return their cameras due to slow cards?

Don't know for now. It is tough.

• Any word on Picture profiles in the 2.0 firmware?

Can't talk prior NAB much. But can give you a clue. You won't call them Picture profiles in v2.0.

is it for the photo camera side or video or both

Right now - about 60% video, all the rest photo related.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Will Panasonic allow no recording limits on PAL GH2(3) that might break tax laws or higher bitrates that make the average user return their cameras due to slow cards? What's the talk on this?

• okay, this IS a big thing! Great news - congratulations!

• is it for the photo camera side or video or both

• @vitaliy_kiselev Any word on Picture profiles in the 2.0 firmware?

• @Vitaly_Kiselev Congratulations, but please don't forget us! (GF2 Manual settings?)

• Does this mean the end to the further development patches for the GH1 and GH2.

No, not exactly. Again, read carefully. "for selected cameras".

• Great news, I'm very happy for you Vitaliy.

• So I guess you won't be needing any more donations from now on, right? ;-)

Exactly opposite. As you miss "for selected cameras" and do not count community administration, moderation, arranging deals, etc.

• Already working on firmware v2.0 changes

:)

• Do you think that information to help you with the current GH2 hack might be made available to you and the team?

Already working on firmware v2.0 changes.
    Some companies will be very upset with their $5000 cameras.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev So I guess you won't be needing any more donations from now on, right? ;-)

• Many congratulations, this can only lead to good things.

• @Vitaliy This comes as No surprise. When Panasonic started watching and the direction that the GH2 was moving it was logical for them to move. Now the peoples camera will become the worlds camera. Congratulations gentlemen on putting together a great team.

• Do you think that information to help you with the current GH2 hack might be made available to you and the team?