Personal View site logo
The Big Thing
  • I and development team of Personal-view.com community are glad to announce.

Since today we are going to directly participate in design and development of system cameras firmware for selected cameras produced by Panasonic Corporation, and DSC Business unit specifically.

Such progress had become possible due few key decisions made by Seiichiro Sano, Shiro Nishiguchi and other top managers in February 2012. We had been in touch whole March and information obtained during this period, as well as new direct communication that we had, are really invaluable. I want to express my special thanks to Ichiro Kitao and Michiharu Uematsu.
    As well as to our direct contact and lead of Venus Revolution team - Yukio Ito.

I could hardly wait last days, but announcement could be made only today, due to the starting of new financial year for Panasonic Corporation and Senior Management changes completion.

Feel free to ask me questions and I'll try to answer them as good as I can (taking in account signed NDA).
    Yukio Ito will join me here, answering questions, on Monday.

P.S. Jump to pages 6 and 7 and look at videos for more details.

• 437 Replies sorted by
  • Congratulations :)

• o no ,we stay whit out a hacker? Felicidades

• Fantastic!

• Sounds like a massive step in the right direction for Panasonic. Congrats.

• Wow, well done guys!!! great news.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Congrats man! Well done! Will this mean future official Panasonic Firmware releases including modified settings from the PV core team? Updating current camera line up? Changes in future hardware interfaces, GUI?

• I think this will become one of those amazing stories of big business recognising creativity and running with it - we'll done Vitaliy and well done Panasonic.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev to you and the development team - congrats! It's well deserved, and thank you for all hard work. Salud!

• Will this mean future official Panasonic Firmware releases including modified settings from the PV core team?

Yep. But well beyond current form, as next LSI is, well, Revolutionary.

Updating current camera line up?

No. Firmware only.

Changes in future hardware interfaces, GUI?

NDA

• Congratulations to all. Well done and well earned. I was afraid this would be happening. I always like to see good talented people advance.

For me and the hack users, I'm guessing it might be the beginning of the end of the GH2 hack and future camera's. With VK and rest on NDA's, I'd guess the reality will be no more unauthorized improvements. No way is a major corporation going to let a little $900 camera compete with $3500, $5000 and above cameras.

I have been secretly hoping Kodak (or some other company would come out with a camera where one didn't have to compete with a pro division within the same company) would enter the high end camera market with a programmable camera like ASUS does with their overclocked motherboards.

VK and crew, congrats again and I hope I'm wrong as to the future of this and future hacks.....

• Lets just hope they dont take all of his ideas that we get for FREE now and try to sell them for an infinite amount of $$ more.. taking our 800$ camera and selling futures for 6000$.

But as others have said. Congrats to you. it is a personal accomplishment.

• Do you think that information to help you with the current GH2 hack might be made available to you and the team?

• @Vitaliy This comes as No surprise. When Panasonic started watching and the direction that the GH2 was moving it was logical for them to move. Now the peoples camera will become the worlds camera. Congratulations gentlemen on putting together a great team.

• Many congratulations, this can only lead to good things.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev So I guess you won't be needing any more donations from now on, right? ;-)

• Do you think that information to help you with the current GH2 hack might be made available to you and the team?

Already working on firmware v2.0 changes.
    Some companies will be very upset with their $5000 cameras.

• Already working on firmware v2.0 changes

:)

• So I guess you won't be needing any more donations from now on, right? ;-)

Exactly opposite. As you miss "for selected cameras" and do not count community administration, moderation, arranging deals, etc.

• Great news, I'm very happy for you Vitaliy.

• Does this mean the end to the further development patches for the GH1 and GH2.

No, not exactly. Again, read carefully. "for selected cameras".

• @Vitaly_Kiselev Congratulations, but please don't forget us! (GF2 Manual settings?)

• @vitaliy_kiselev Any word on Picture profiles in the 2.0 firmware?

• is it for the photo camera side or video or both

• okay, this IS a big thing! Great news - congratulations!