Personal View site logo
The Big Thing
  • 437 Replies sorted by
  • Lets just hope they dont take all of his ideas that we get for FREE now and try to sell them for an infinite amount of $$ more.. taking our 800$ camera and selling futures for 6000$.

But as others have said. Congrats to you. it is a personal accomplishment.

• Congratulations to all. Well done and well earned. I was afraid this would be happening. I always like to see good talented people advance.

For me and the hack users, I'm guessing it might be the beginning of the end of the GH2 hack and future camera's. With VK and rest on NDA's, I'd guess the reality will be no more unauthorized improvements. No way is a major corporation going to let a little $900 camera compete with $3500, $5000 and above cameras.

I have been secretly hoping Kodak (or some other company would come out with a camera where one didn't have to compete with a pro division within the same company) would enter the high end camera market with a programmable camera like ASUS does with their overclocked motherboards.

VK and crew, congrats again and I hope I'm wrong as to the future of this and future hacks.....

• Will this mean future official Panasonic Firmware releases including modified settings from the PV core team?

Yep. But well beyond current form, as next LSI is, well, Revolutionary.

Updating current camera line up?

No. Firmware only.

Changes in future hardware interfaces, GUI?

NDA

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev to you and the development team - congrats! It's well deserved, and thank you for all hard work. Salud!

• I think this will become one of those amazing stories of big business recognising creativity and running with it - we'll done Vitaliy and well done Panasonic.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Congrats man! Well done! Will this mean future official Panasonic Firmware releases including modified settings from the PV core team? Updating current camera line up? Changes in future hardware interfaces, GUI?

• Wow, well done guys!!! great news.

• Sounds like a massive step in the right direction for Panasonic. Congrats.

• Fantastic!

• o no ,we stay whit out a hacker? Felicidades

• Congratulations :)