Personal View site logo
PTool v3.65d topic
  • 214 Replies sorted by
  • +1 ;) it sure is

• it is certainly not 1080 60p. not even the 5dm3 does it.^^ seems to be large sensor problem.

• Gh2 have 3 cpus,i think 60p is not a problem to GH2

• BT=Panasonic decided to give @VK a job, Panasonic want @VK and @driftwood to work on a special GH

• @fatpig "it is certainly not 1080 60p. not even the 5dm3 does it."

The 5Dm3 also doesn't even resolve full 1080p... for starters.

And the lack of 1080p 60fps is probably due to canon product crippling... not hardware capabilities. Why do people still assume these companies are out to produce the best products? They're really not. They're trying to release the least amount of updates for each new model, while still enticing people to buy it. That's their goal.

Also, since when did "whatever the new canon DSLRs features are" become an indicator of what other cameras can and cannot do? The C300 doesn't do 60fps at 1080p at a $16,000 price tag... yet last time I checked... both the AF-100 and FS100 could for $4k. So it's not a large sensor problem... and it's not a price problem. It's the fact that canon wants to sell you 60fps 1080p 4 years down the road as a new feature...

• I am neither saying that it is nor that it is not, but there are Sony cameras that do 1080 60P with comparable sensor size, so the reason other cameras usually do not so far is clearly not sensor size. Edit: I started typing before the last post. :)

• Since when was the cripple crown 5dmark3 the standard of advance of 1080p 60 fps. The $ 600 nex 5n does it.

• April fools is also in a few days

oh shit, that's cruel :(

• oh no. oh no oh no, VK is pulling an april fools prank. shit.

• if it's not a prank, please can it be the option to capture video using the full height of the sensor - 1440x1080 perhaps?

• i hate april fools, it messes up google for years to come and nearly always it's just for attracting traffic to one site i really hate it

• his favorite, April Fools jokes !!!

• While I suspect it's just an elaborate buildup to April 1st, my wish list would be some hacking of the text display on the camera, so we can know more about exactly which settings are selected. And get rid of this FH / FS crap. If I select 1080p30, I want to see it on the display.

• @ahbleza that would be most excellent, but not too much of a big thing.

• Where I can find mysterion

• Possibly an April Fools joke about the GH2 shooting 4K?

• Ok my theory for the BT.. I think this is exactly what Vitaliy want.. he chose this BT announcement around April fools day so you would start thinking after some time its going to be a joke.. but the truth is, he is going to actually release "something" on the April fools day.. (my bet? picture profiles.) lol.. why the heck I´m digging into this so much.. :D

• I say Pic profiles

• Ok. Let me flip a coin. BT or BS?

• Guys! All of this is way off topic. Let's talk about what's important: that new tick box i ptools. You know the one at the end, saying: "cut off my video".

• I can't talk about it anymore now, but this is Big... BIG.

• Nick, it could be Big big..:.. Joke? Fool's april, you know....:-)

• Back on topic: GF3 is working like a charm! Just donated 20 bux! Doubled the bitrate and now I've got a perfect 1080 25p cam to go with my GH2:s 720 25p. They intercut to about the same quality in a 720 project (and my clients think pannys 720 looks better than Canons 1080, anyway) @driftwood Tom Hanks?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions