Personal View site logo
PTool v3.65d topic
  • 214 Replies sorted by
  • My hopeful guess is that having discovered the hidden features, VK has worked out he can put his own code there, and we'll have something magic lanternish

• I also think that a kind of technicolor cinema picture style of the color profiles would be the only "big thing". 4K or any other improvements with the same video look would be a "little things"...

• All this announcements of VK and driftwood are making me crazy!! ;-) I can not imagine what else can be extracted from this machine, which is already great with this hack!

• well... here i go checking PV constantly for the next 2-5 days.

• @paglez No, Just my 3 Cents, (however I do know who Mixerman is... :D )

But considering how the last 'major' versions of PTools were released, testing by the core team was very important.

• @alcomposer Do you have privileged information from Vitaliy? :-)

• @liquidfiy This current release is for GF3... so if VK is working on BigThing®™ maybe he didn't want the release schedule to push back the GF3 update?

Also VK may only 'discuss' BigThing®™, and possibly only core team will have access to it...

ymmv

• @oscillian agreed, probably not ptools related. most likely information about new camera or similar.

• Maybe it's got nothing to do with ptools? He just released this version so why release another so close in time? Affiliate links in PV? Celebrating the death of Trotsky in Gulag? Game theory section? It's probably some kind of collaboration on the agenda.

• If vitaliy gives uncompressed 4k, I'll donate a GH2 to him and build him a statue. :-)

• Big thing? Vitaly got a E-M5 and has already hacked it? LOL! I wish.

• 4k??? For the little I know about codecs, at the risk of being ridiculed, It's impossible to see 4k 24p on the gh2 in avchd. Besides, 10 bit 4:2:2 would be better which already is impossible. Even removing the 40 frames limit would melt the sensor... I just know that if Vitaliy managed to hack the hdmi to have uncompressed footage, I'm going to build him a statue in Soho.

Vitaliy, give us some tips... We all are so curious...

• Every day is xmas here!!

• Over on the dvxuser they mentioned 4K

• Rumor has it the announcement will be in 2-3 days and its going to change everything ; )

• Now that I know there is going to be an announcement, I'll have to obsessively check this page every hour.

• "Full Range" recording would be for my self the BBT. Whatever may comes, thanks Vitaliy.

• @Terry2 But is it more intriguing than Kyle revealing who killed Laura Palmer on SNL? That is the big question.

• This is more intriguing that knowing who were the final five or if Matthew and Mary were going to be together or who killed Laura Palmer...

• @almcomposer Drop him a line on Twitter. We've exchanged words on there once or twice. :)

• Possibilities: (in order)

GH3; COLOR PROFILES HACK; HDMI FIX;

• @thepalalias All we need now is BT to remix this... :D

• Whatever VK releases, thank you.

• @almcomposer "Twas the... time... before BT and all through the house

Not a user was stirring

Each holding their mouse.

When up through the Net

There rose such a clatter

Each sprang to the site

To see what was the matter..."

• @VK when will you learn how much like little children waiting for Christmas day we all are?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions