Personal View site logo
GH3 rumors topic
  • 869 Replies sorted by
  • common guys, you gotta be realistic... don't expect 10bits, 4:2:2 or clean hdmi out in a consumer, sub $1000 camera. afaik all we're getting from gh3 is 1080/60p, weather sealed body, slightly better sensor and hopefully no banding whatsoever in low light;) global shutter? GH4 possibly maybe. well, that's what I'd do if I run Panasonic;)

• What does it mean that the boxes are checked through Oct? What do the boxes represent? @Apefos I’d take 4:2:0 10-bit over 4:2:2 8-bit any day, Why so? What are the pros and cons of each.

• I would love a HDR video function in next panasonic m43 cameras... Or a dream: HDR in next GH2 hack version... Magic Lantern HDR for Canon cameras is making me to consider buying a T3i...

• Well, if they go AVCHD 2.0, 1080/60p is a given.

All intra? Increased bit rates? Not gonna happen in the consumer-bound AVCHD world. We’ll get 1080/60p at 28 Mbit/sec and that’ll be it.

I’d take 4:2:0 10-bit over 4:2:2 8-bit any day, but again, it’s not in the AVCHD specs, so it’s not going to happen either.

• Genlock (or lan/wifi port that can be used for syncing + remote tasks) and clean output would put a gh3 way ahead of all available dslr options and sub 20k cameras for 3d shooting in one swipe..

Just make the broadcast department produce camcorders for those who want simple video setups. Gh2 / Af100 proves it's not hard to sell both side by side (even with similar video quality). Those who prefer a hog prefer a hog.

• Wow....so, its a possibility then that they may make an announcement at NAB. I won't expect it to not get too excited. I wish they would make an updated '7-14 X' lens with threads. A GH3 with 1080/60p, 4:2:2/hdmi out hacked or unhacked....would destroy a MkIII. Especially in price-point. A new AF101 should definitely give hints of what will come out on the GH3 if its not announced together.

• I hope Panasonic is moving up... with professional lenses, photo bodies... weather sealed GH3, intra-codec, 4:2:2, 1080p50/60. And a better sensor of course... especially in terms of noise.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Yep, I think you could be right there. They would definitely announce ahead of the schedule of running down stocks of old.

• Give me global shutter, in-body stabilizer a la Oly, Nikon's sensitivity and Pentax' dynamic range - I will call any one of these upgrade. 4:2:2, 50/60p, HDMI out, codec improvements - these are minor tweaks to me: April, October, next year - I don't really care.

• @driftwood

Most probably this images mean different thing, as Panasonic is known to produce cameras after introduction of new models. So, I expect GH3 to be announced between April and July.

• Fingers crossed, panny do a good job with the gh3. Bring consumer lineup experiences and tech together with some of the broadcast division standards and it will be a real winner.

Clean output, genlock e.t.c... Even if the camera had to be slightly bigger and slightly heavier and more expensive no-one would complain. Weather sealed, why not?

• I think we'll see a new AF101 derivative at NAB along with those lenses.

• Panasonic knows that canon will announce their mirrorless system at photokina.. so they have to bring the best they have .. I´m expecting a lot from this little monster...

I think these lenses will be announced at NAB with the panasonic new S35 camcorder

• Can you find out when the new lens are coming? 12-35 and 35-100, this is more important than gh3, dont you think?

• Oh that's right, hopefully it should be cheap enough. Hopefully panasonic also deliver too on the GH3. Lots of expectations and wish list.

• So....September/October is when GH2s should be their cheapest? Hopefully they'll approach the price GH1s went for a the end.

• What about 20mm 1.7 renewal? :P

• Thanks for the info! Thats good to know.

• Thanks for the info Nick. Based on the upcoming picks from competition and the GH2VK itself, Panasonic has some tall orders to overcome.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions