Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 1: v3b Rocket - v4b Orion - v5 β Pictoris
  • 1019 Replies sorted by
  • @mozes I wouldn't have thought you'd need +2 on sharpeness now. More like 0 (zero) The Pictoris matrix is an attempt at balance.

• @ driftwood i loled its also my monitor size =) 30 inch for ever <3

• Thanks Nick @driftwood loving the Orion patch indoors; couple of screenshots straight from the mts in Mplayer attached - will try it on a paying job tomorrow, maybe will try the new Pictoris too. Using Smooth -2,-2,0,-2 ie sharpness at 0

00013_2.03.2012 1.16.44 AM.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    00011_2.03.2012 1.05.02 AM.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • @Mozes UPDATE: Just realised I left the deblocking on from a previous trial. Please uncheck ALL deblocking on Pictoris and resave. An updated version of the patches will be up shortly.

• driftwood 1:20PM @mozes I wouldn't have thought you'd need +2 on sharpeness now. More like 0 (zero) The Pictoris matrix is an attempt at balance.

Yes i now, but that was how my setting was the last time with a test, and i want a quick test next to that one.
    Did just merge the matrices from orion with Quantum X v5 'ß Pictoris' VBR.
    And will uncheck ALL deblocking ......

By the way, also BIG thx..............

• @driftwood Call me mjpeg man if you like. As we talked before I just want to use mjpeg mode. In all quantum X setting you put highhest quality in 1920x1080 or 1280x720, I could record about 5 min till the file reached 2gb limited by Fat format using the 1280x780 mode. This new release, quantum baby put mjpeg mode in 1920x720. What do you intend for this setting? Which quantum mode give me the most clear and best picture. thanks

• Excuse me, but I don't understand, why Canon SX1, 550D and 600D are working good with card Transcend class 6, doing 1080p/30fps, 44 Mbit/sec and anyone of hacked firmware (including Quantum v5 Pictoris) cause a freeze of recording GH2 FSH 1080i/60fps (or 50fps) with this card? What parameters I must change to avoid this? Thank you.

• @Neelova_Lida Because these are double (or much more in the case of Orion) the bitrate of Canons! ;-) Youre probably better off either buying a good type 10 card (for Pictoris) or higher (for Orion and Rocket). Or settle with other Long GOP settings from others / factory stock settings.

• @tinbeo Ive left mjpeg settings the same giving you the option of recording high quality if you need it. MJPEG has only short duration recording. mjpeg is set as 1920 x 1080 and 1280 x 720 in Quantum settings - you can change the size (within reason) to whatever resolution sizes you like (example, for anamorphic lenses)

• I am seeing a lot of banding in the Red Channel in a lot of these patches. Is this something related to the custom matrices or is this just the nature of the GH2?

I see it at a lot of different iso settings and recording modes.

Here is a shaky video of a door lock display the effect.

• @sebben Do the same test by unchecking the scaling matrices (so its back to Panny's matrices) and check. Please report back.

• Ive seen banding as well with Orion 4b. But its the noise and macroblocking in the red and blue channels that I wish we could get ride of on the GH2 in general. Proper exposure and white balance helps a bit but its still a pain. I know theres allot of work and options ahaed and Nick has been such a great help to us all. I wonder if there are any new ptools setting help in this area.

• Pictoris VBR/CBR will not play back in camera or let me view the clip image is it supposed to be like that?

• Redone without scaling matrices.

No difference really.

• @Jizzyjones which version/what camera? v5b or 5c CBR or VBR? Remember theres 4 to try. Pictoris v5b VBR is playing back in my GH2 on 24p, HBR and 720p right now... !

• @sebben The one thing we can't do at this stage is fuck with picture colour profiles... Vitaliy is trying his best to see what else we can get out of the Lumix cams and that includes possible future manipulation of the profiles.. only he will know.

• Hi guys with so many recent patches it's hard for me to keep up. So far I have the Orion v4b and it's great though I only get to record upto a 2gb limit and no preview in camera on the 24H setting. I am using sandisk extreme pro 16gb 30mb/s cards formatted in camera. The 24L spans and runs about 80mbs using streamparser.

I have a shoot coming up in around April which I will use the RED as the main camera but want the GH2 to be Camera B and for B-Roll as there will be a lot of running about and awkward shots to get with the RED.

Also I'm probably shooting a music video in the next 2-3 weeks and would like to know what is the best patch to use. Is it Orion v4b or will there be another one in the next 3 weeks?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

• @driftwood That would be the grand finale to an awesome camera. Custom picture profiles coinciding with all of the great low GOP hacks... Sounds perfect. Lets hope its possible...

• @Driftwood Sorry was the first version of Pictoris CBR on GH2 25p mode it would not playback or let me view the recorded files, success on both VBR/CNR V5b (w Orion matrix) but only after I turned the camera off after recording then back on again, thanks.

• @driftwood / all : - Is Rocket something in between "Pictoris CBR" & Orion ? - What do you guys recommend for better color rendition, less banding ?

Thanks for the amazing job !!!

• @driftwood no problems, I think it is just another limitation of the GH2 that we can't find a work around for. It does cost $900 for a reason after all.

• @thougts2uk Its easy. All are Quantum X family.:-

Quantum X ver 2 = Rocket 2 series (stopped) Quantum X ver 3 = Rocket 3 series Quantum X ver 4 = Orion series Quantum X ver 5 = Pictoris series

Latest Rocket v3 is currently v3b (3c will be next... and so forth) Latest Orion v4 is currently upto v4b ( (4c is next up...) Latest Pictoris v5 is currently upto v5c (v5b = hybrid matrix, v5c is with Orion Matrix, v5d will be next up)

Hope that helps.

@Jizzyjones make sure you have installed v5b or v5c. Check

• @All

Inside footage w/o proper (dedicated) lighting will always be noisy. ETC mode above all :-)

High contrast and saturation levels will easily reveal noise as well.

• @jizzyjones I had the same issue, but cycling the camera off and back on allowed me to play back in camera using pictoris VBR with Orion matrix

• Ye thanks, I tried the 1st V5 CBR and latest V5 CBR and VBR and turning on/off solved the issue.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions