Personal View site logo
GH2 Stalin samples topic
  • 293 Replies sorted by
  • This is a project a made with friend about his shoe shop i Denmark. When i came up with idea i was very much into Wes Anderson, so i decided to copy his style. It's never gonna be exactly like Wes Anderson, but i very pleased with the result...

Hope you like it...

• Very good! I’d bring the background music down 3dB or so during the voice over section. I had to strain to follow the narrator.

• just playing around

• Quantum v9b - 720p50 - Thank you @driftwood, et al.

• the ring death tape inspired music video promo:

filmed with gh2

• Firmware 1.1 with "Driftwood Quantum v100 v3 AVC-Intra 100 matrix" settings.

• @mozes, birdie num nums. Question: what is causing the background to 'judder' at around 46 seconds?

• good question @WhiteRabbit.
    The codec have a lot to do in that part, i think i-dynamic plays also a role in that.

• @mozes, I was concerned if this was something that @driftwood needed to review with the Q v100? Thank you for explaination.

• 42mb gop6 25p sample =)

• @alcomposer dg summilux 25mm 1.4 this was shot in 1250 iso =) i love that lens btw =)

• I was today in media mark here in Stockholm and i try the Panasonic 45-175 x lens very nice and sharp. Panasonic GH2 Ptool 3.64 HBR
    Panasonic 45-175 x lens f4- 5.6 ASPH very sharp and nice lent shooter seeped 1/50,f 4.5,500 iso,bitrate was about 75mbits Driftwood Quantum v100 v3 AVC-Intra 100 matrix.

• Driftwood Quantum X 'SpanMyBitchUp' v2b

24 and 25p, 720 and 1080, 80% and 300%
    Iso from 160 to 800, shutter from 1/50 to 1/1300
    White balance's = clouds.
    Profile = standard, -2 -2 -2 -2 Edit in vegas pro, color correction done with the color-lab plug-in...(srgb)

Damn uploaded the wrong clip (raw edit) pffffffffff...........

• Quantum v9b. Time to drop some X.

• Beauty of the cam is you can shoot everywhere, anytime (since driftwood's patches my poor hard drives have to disagree though)

Despite my upload limit (500Mo) the downloadable file is obviously way better than the fucked up vimeo one...

• Trailer I shot for a feature film that I'm trying to get off the ground

GH2 cbr 44 hack

Volt 25mm .95 Olympus 12mm F2 and 45mm f1.8

Steadicam Merlin

24p nostialgic -2 everything

cs5 with magic bullets looks 2.0

• Special thx to:

Vitaliy_Kiselev, For Ptool
    http://www.personal-view.com/faqs/
    Driftwood, For the Sedna Matrix
    http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2477/driftwood-quantum-x-settings-series-2-sedna-a-b-c/p1

LPowell cbrandin Ralph_B balazer and bkmcwd
    For all the other settings that i have used.

1080 HBR 25p and 720 50p renderd to 720 25fps

Much higher quality.

• @mozes Looks nice, where can I find the Scrabble Box settings? Thx

• Nowhere....
    Its a collection off settings from others, see credits.
    I am doing some fine tuning.
    That will say, no high bitrates, minium 9mb/s and 75mb/s max with peaks to 145m/s
    Thats much lower then most people want here

By the way, clip is done with the vibrant profile -2 -1 +2 0
    In sony vegas the levels plug-in srgb to crgb, and colorlab where the saturation is pushed further .
    All is done just over the top.
    The clip on vimeo is rendered to mainmpeg mp4 with 20mb/s (90mb)(Srgb)
    The exposure one is in DNxHD 80mb/s (588mb)(Crgb)

• Scrabble Box v.0.1a
    720p with Sedna A matrix.
    HBR and 24p with Dark Matter 1 matrix.

First part in 300%, next part in 720 (bird), and dog in HBR, and last shot in 24p.

• @azza_act very nice and very well done, I hope it goes through. I think it is the second feature that I see on the gh2.

• If you haven't stumbled upon it in the low gop thread: